Mw4 Issue

1 reply to this topic

#1 StolenMadWolf

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Hey there, just picked up the MekTek version of MW4 and I keep coming across this issue with the game. The game starts up with no issue at all and I can navigate the menus, but once I try to start a match, the game effectively freaks out and suffers a fatal error:

Nested Exception! - Cause: 'EnterWindowMode'

Error: 'FAILED (0x88780096 - DSERR_BUFFERLOST) - GetStatus (0xcc4c978)' at 0x7257b8

Not exactly sure where to start since I haven't seen it on the Search Engines, any idea what might be up and how to fix it?

Got a GeForce GTX 960M although I can only select Intel 860 Graphics, weirdly.

Edited by StolenMadWolf, 15 December 2018 - 10:22 AM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostStolenMadWolf, on 15 December 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hey there, just picked up the MekTek version of MW4 and I keep coming across this issue with the game. The game starts up with no issue at all and I can navigate the menus, but once I try to start a match, the game effectively freaks out and suffers a fatal error:

Nested Exception! - Cause: 'EnterWindowMode'

Error: 'FAILED (0x88780096 - DSERR_BUFFERLOST) - GetStatus (0xcc4c978)' at 0x7257b8

Not exactly sure where to start since I haven't seen it on the Search Engines, any idea what might be up and how to fix it?

Got a GeForce GTX 960M although I can only select Intel 860 Graphics, weirdly.

Have you tried windowed mode? make a shortcut to the executable and type -d at the end for windowed. Also, run the auto config, try selecting high graphics, but not ultra high! There's some weird bug where ultra high doesn't like newer graphics cards. It seems to me like it's a graphics issue. You can try these. If it still has problems, you can private message me. A few years ago I did a lot to the game to make if function correctly (the mektek files, including make them available in campaign missions). I still have it, but I'm only allowed to share it personally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users