Stealtharmor Bug

7 replies to this topic

#1 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

Stealtharmor prevents every lock to an enemy nearby.
St should only work on the user, not blocking enemys to lock other targets.
Tying stealtharmor to ecm and the radiuseffect is a bug,
it should only cut all sensordata on the user making him "stealthy".

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:58 AM

Yeah, I also find it a bit weird.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 18 December 2018 - 04:58 AM.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

I reported this direct to technical support and exchanged emails about it with Bobby Jubraj on August 30th, there's been no acknowledgement from PGI in any forum posts or patch notes that they've known about the problem for 3 1/2 months now or that they're going to fix it.

#4 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

We have received the feedback and have seen the forum posts, but have yet to be able to replicate this particular bug internally. As from our testing, Active Stealth Armor does not condone stealth armor benefits to nearby team mates, nor should it.

But keep in mind that standard ECM can still be in play that provides them with reduced lock-on range dependent on skill investments, and stealth armor itself is immune to some forms of counter ECM. The only things that can knock a 'Mech out of Stealth armor unwillingly is to hit it with either a PPC or a NARC beacon, while TAG will allow you to target the 'Mech even if stealth armor is active. Stealth is immune to countermeasures such as BAP and UAV's.

Our testing has not shown that these properties roll over into non-stealth users, but we won't rule it out as a potential bug provided we get more info on how to replicate it to where it is not acting in a way consistent with what is posted above.

#5 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

If you go to testing grounds and turn on stealth armor near the enemy/target mech you can see that it is affected by ECM. I think that's what Kroete was referring to.

#6 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 20 December 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

If you go to testing grounds and turn on stealth armor near the enemy/target mech you can see that it is affected by ECM. I think that's what Kroete was referring to.

The enemy receives the benefit of the ECM system, but it does not condone the same immunity to various types of detection that Stealth Armor provides. The two are treated as two separate pieces of equipment, and the benefits of stealth armor are not provided through the benefits of the ECM bubble.

I've made a more extensive post on this matter here that should clear up the current interactions a bit more.

#7 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 19 December 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Our testing has not shown that these properties roll over into non-stealth users, but we won't rule it out as a potential bug provided we get more info on how to replicate it to where it is not acting in a way consistent with what is posted above.

Happen some times until now.
One enemy with stealth armor, one without any ecm, no chance to target the enemy with no ecm, cap, tag and uav dont help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users