64 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Check out the Latest NGNG Podcast!
Featuring Russ Bullock and Paul Inouye talk with
Phil and Daeron about Mech_Con and Faction Play!

Listen on Soundcloud

Listen on Youtube

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

45:25 PGI is bringing back classic maps. Forest Colony Classic, Forest Colony Snow Classic, and Frozen City Classic.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 17 December 2018 - 03:57 PM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

Russ said it would be pretty rad to bring back some of the old maps in March.

#4 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:01 PM

bringing back the old maps?!? Well, there was a reason why they are sorted out of the game. Lol, this sounds for me: instead of making new maps we get the old ones sold as something special! Where are NEW (!) Maps?! Its only me that thinks that PGI is doing his last resources to MW5 instead of MWO because this ship is sinking...?! [redacted]

#5 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:05 PM

What if PGI opened map making/modding tools to the community? Let the players make some maps

#6 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostDran Dragore, on 17 December 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

bringing back the old maps?!? Well, there was a reason why they are sorted out of the game. Lol, this sounds for me: instead of making new maps we get the old ones sold as something special! Where are NEW (!) Maps?! Its only me that thinks that PGI is doing his last resources to MW5 instead of MWO because this ship is sinking...?! Dont you have Mobile Phones...? ... Sad.

PGI tried new maps. It was kinda hit or miss.

#7 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

Never seen the original or snow forest colony, but the switch of frozen city i recall.

#8 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Forest Colony Snow classic will be back? Yes Posted Image ! I miss the tunnel and snow landscape. Also the small size was good, since most of the current Forest Colony space gets wasted.

A snow version of Canyon Network or Tourmaline Desert would be great too, so would be a desert or rocky version of Alpine Peaks and others. Mix it up with the best results, ty.

#9 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

New content is coming! It's called MW5M

#10 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

The maps are allready there. Why does it take till march to get them into the game?

And don't tell me PGI needs to test things, regarding the maps, stabillity, compabtibillity or such things.

PGI NEVER tests anything

Uh we bring a friendslist, where the refresh-button is not working, sorting the friendslist is not working too. And don't expect that the Unitmember list is working.

And hell no! We can not fix it with a hot-fix. We need time, till january to fix this.

I am shaking my head in despair and disbelief, silently crying.

#11 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hopefully PGI brings back both classic Frozen City map and the Frozen City Night map???

#12 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

If they're going to mash up maps they should let us vote.

I WANT VIRIDIAN HPG lol

#13 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

PUG ZAPPER!!

#14 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

View Posttee5, on 17 December 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

The maps are allready there. Why does it take till march to get them into the game?

And don't tell me PGI needs to test things, regarding the maps, stabillity, compabtibillity or such things.

PGI NEVER tests anything

Uh we bring a friendslist, where the refresh-button is not working, sorting the friendslist is not working too. And don't expect that the Unitmember list is working.

And hell no! We can not fix it with a hot-fix. We need time, till january to fix this.

I am shaking my head in despair and disbelief, silently crying.

I remember PGI saying when they changed the old maps to the new maps that the old map assets were soaked up by the new maps. I'm guessing they have to go back to an archived version of MWO, pull the maps and rename a bunch of assets to make it function alongside the new maps.

#15 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostVxheous, on 17 December 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

I remember PGI saying when they changed the old maps to the new maps that the old map assets were soaked up by the new maps. I'm guessing they have to go back to an archived version of MWO, pull the maps and rename a bunch of assets to make it function alongside the new maps.

There's also tech in the new maps that the old maps didn't have (like destructible trees, improved texture and render mapping, etc.). Therefore, they probably will need to bring the old maps up to some level of modern functionality before reinstating them into the game.

EDIT: Now that I've listened to the podcast . . . Terra Therma EVERYTHING! Volcanic landscapes are sorely lacking vs. the multitude of frigid maps. Map "makeovers" seem like an interesting prospect; and I look forward to seeing the possibilities there . . . there's a lot of potential to bring new life into "stock" layouts:

Volcanic Caustic (fill that crater with lava!) . . . Volcanic anything, really.
Crystalline Solaris (buildings replaced with crystal structures)
Swamped/Flooded Frozen City (similar effect as the Swamped Canyon)
Solaris Forest Colony (slap a bunch of buildings down to replace trees)
HPG/Vacuum Crimson Straight (Mountain replaced with HPG uplink?)
Vitric River City (no water, just dried up trenches).

Just a few crossovers off the top of my head. There's a lot of potential to knock out some varied maps with already approved base layouts. It might be worth exploring if some of the Faction Play only maps can be converted into viable quickplay maps after similar makeovers.

Edited by Sereglach, 17 December 2018 - 09:35 PM.

#16 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Can someone sum up what is planned for Faction Play? I don't want to listen an hour to Russ.... TY in advance.

#17 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

lets be honest: is there any reason to spend more money in the game? I payed a lot of money over the last years to the game. I had a lot of fun and, as long as there where good new content i was happy even when i give more money to PGI than to any other Company (like CCP of EVE) before.

But the whole year, since the flop of Solaris i have the sence that PGI is a abandon MWO and focus the developers to MW5 because this ship is sinking. Sure, there are nice, brand new cool looking Mechs like the Corsair and WH IIC. But in the end this Mechs dont bring more game depth to MWO, just some Money to PGI.

There are a lot of ideas making the rest of the players happy (and maybe bring new ones): bringing new Maps (!); bringing new Tech (HAGs, MML, ...); introduce IS Omni Technology (Hauptmann, Avatar, Sunder, Templar and many more - this would means new Money for PGI!), solve the Bugs in the game (like the Shadow problem of open Door bays); transfer it to a new Game Engine and bring some life to Faction Warefare.

I waited for the Mechcon. But it was also dissapointing like this **** from Blizzard. Nothing *realy* new was anounced to the playerbase. Only a half finished game where the houses colapse like paperworks and dump AI on the Enemy Mechs. I dont see that the game has the long time motivation like MWO doing this. And in this it looks even more as an emergency evacuation from PGI to keep the Game running untill MW5 is out.

I still have the hope that the game has the power like for example EVE (even if both games are completly different). MWO still have so much potential compared to older parts and its the only serious Mech Simulator for me out at the moment. It would be very sad to me if the game dies slowly. So, PGI: it would be happy to see some *realy* inovations other than bringing old Maps which are unbalanced (your own words!) and outdated back to live and sell us this as an inovation.

#18 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:36 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 17 December 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

45:25 PGI is bringing back classic maps. Forest Colony Classic, Forest Colony Snow Classic, and Frozen City Classic.

Can we keep the new and old maps in the voting que. That would almost double the maps available and keeping the game fresh. I started mwo after PGI phased out the old maps and lights rescale.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 17 December 2018 - 10:37 PM.

#19 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostGartenlaube, on 17 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Can someone sum up what is planned for Faction Play? I don't want to listen an hour to Russ.... TY in advance.

I didnt completely listen to it but as far as is heard maybe some drop deck increases and maybe some other plans, AI is not going to happen since it would require the whole MW5 team being diverted to MWO. You should listen to it at 37:00 because as far as heard that was the part where they really started talking about FP. Oh yeah and they'll be adding in some of the classic maps.

#20 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

View PostGartenlaube, on 17 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...t-mechcon-2018/

Paul said to read the forum post. Russ said nothing big will ever happen. Anything really good would take 2 years of development.

So in my view, nothing to bring me back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users