Fix The Er Ppc Bug That Been Going On For 3 Years Now

7 replies to this topic

#1 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

ER PPC's are still going through targets when the shot is dead on and exploding behind the target into either the ground or the wall or hill behind the mech. This bug was not always around. You talk about fixing stuff, but you let some bugs last for years and never touch it. Try it some time watch as about 10 to 20 percent of your dead on shots go through the target and explode behind it. There used to be time some of us remember years ago that this bug did not exist. Then one day after a patch it started happening.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

Video evidence please.

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

Yes, video evidence please. Maybe you are just constantly shooting through your enemy's armpits.

#4 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

It is happenning with not just er ppcs. Balistic aswell. This game sucks. Everybody knows that. :)

#5 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

View PostCalebos, on 22 December 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

It is happenning with not just er ppcs. Balistic aswell. This game sucks. Everybody knows that. :)

The fact that you have poor internet connection doesn't mean that the game sucks. And even if it does, why are you still here?

#6 Aratan Aenor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWhere Einstein wasn't looking...

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:09 AM

Could not reproduce. Tested Clan ER PPC on DWF and WHK, and IS ER PPC on CPLT-K2 and STK-M. I recorded 80 gigabytes of video and did not find one instance of an ER PPC going through a target. Average ping was 33 ms and average frame rate was 60 fps (capped by v-sync). Also, 6 ER PPCs on a DWF-Prime is fun for about 4 seconds.

#7 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

View PostAratan Aenor, on 28 December 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

Could not reproduce. Tested Clan ER PPC on DWF and WHK, and IS ER PPC on CPLT-K2 and STK-M. I recorded 80 gigabytes of video and did not find one instance of an ER PPC going through a target. Average ping was 33 ms and average frame rate was 60 fps (capped by v-sync). Also, 6 ER PPCs on a DWF-Prime is fun for about 4 seconds.

So, apparently this isn't really a bug, it's more of an internet connection issue.

#8 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:03 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 28 December 2018 - 03:38 AM, said:

So, apparently this isn't really a bug, it's more of an internet connection issue.

Most like an internet connection issue, or very specific mechs with some form of broken hit box (which would then be affected by all weapon types).

Most likely, considering the "age" of this "bug", it's HSR doing it's thing for higher ping players. I know I've had times where nothing hit me, but I suddenly got "mystery damage" because a high ping player shot, hit me on their screen (or maybe a near miss that HSR counted as a hit in it's calculations) and it applied the damage.

I've also found, since upgrading to a new computer start of Dec, that my older graphics on my old computer also was a culprit to a vast number of other issues. So there is also that to consider.

Or... they are possibly shooting and getting shots through armpits and just between legs or other "not hitting the mech" shots. The Spider was/is well known for having shots slid between it's arms and it's small torso. It also did have a hole in it's chest hitbox, around it's belly button that just absorbed damaged (till that bug was fixed). But that last example is more of an exception to the rule rather than the rule.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users