4 replies to this topic

#1 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

So I bought a Butterbee.
Because it was a Catapult I didn't have yet, and because it is a Catapult.

Now, how hat does it make more than a worse C4?
C4 has massive cooldown quirks for it's more heat-efficient weapon system. It is still hot enough.
The BB instead has more heat-inefficient hardpoints. ...
If I arm them the same, it would be just worse, I'm afraid, but on any case it still would be the same.

Any suggestions how to use it instead?
I already have the C1 for LRMs and LRMs alway play the same, so I den't need another variant.
I was trying 4MRM10+4ERML with max JJs for some MRM poptarting, but it lacks some punch and as it gets rather much return fire (but it could also be the lack of survival skills, idk).

Edit:
Tried the "C4 clone" SRM build now, with 4ML instead of the 2MPL, and it does still work great, even it's probably a worse clone.
But it is a clone. Posted Image

Edited by Kuaron, 27 December 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:06 AM

IIRC the BB has slightly larger alpha and worse heat management at same DPS. That's pretty much it.

I guess you could do 3xLPL + 4x rocket launcher or sth like that.

#3 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:29 AM

4X SRM 6s + 4 ER SLs was the most popular build I've seen for the Butterbee. It was never meant to be pay-to-win better than the C4 and C1 but something a little different that will get you extra C-Bills.

#4 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

Different is what I’m looking for.
But… ERSL? This means the build came after LFE and Light Ferro, but where did the remaining weight go then?
I built it with 4 (regular) ML.
ERSL would mean… more HS instead of light Ferro, I guess?
I’m not convinced.
I‘m even less convinced how this is different but buy the laser ray colour.

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostKuaron, on 28 December 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Different is what I’m looking for.

Hard points are different. If you want more energy, the Butterbee works well in that department.

For example, my current BB build is two LLs, twin ERMLs and dual LRM10s, would not fit onto a C4 (but it could the C1).
Those two extra energy hardpoints can come in handy. 4 MLs over 2 MPLs. Or changing 2 MLs into 4 (ER)SLs. Could even mix MLs and ERSLs for a bit more energy punch.

I don't own any other Catapults, so the BB is just fine with my current build on it. But I can understand the desire to create a build that is different from your others. I ONLY have seven different Huntsmen builds...

Realistically, the BB offers a chassis that can perform with 4 missile and 4 energy hardpoints. Most likely, it's going to be an SRM and Laser build, mostly because GH starts to kick in for other missile after 2 (typically). Otherwise, it's going to do what other Catapults do, just with a (nice) 30%+ Cbill boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users