39 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

The D-DC's primary build limitations are hardpoint choke and space. Spending critical space on stealth armor instead of things like heat sinks can be done - but it's going to be a bit Sub-Optimal.

#22 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:51 AM

Usually the D-DC does pretty well with just ECM and is arguably better of without stealth armour. I consider any stealth atlas build as a troll build.
That doesn't necerssarily mean they're bad builds. Sometimes what is fun is pretty far from what is considered "meta" or "competitive".
I've witnessed AC20+SRM stealth shenanigans and there are instances where they work because all those LRMs, ATMs or Streaks do not concern you. Posted Image
I went a different path on my D-DC. 2x light gauss, 2x large pulse The most difficult thing was actually to surpress my normal moving behaviour. If they haven't spotted you don't move, just keep charging those electro magnets.
...still a troll build, though. Posted Image

Edited by Brethren, 18 March 2019 - 04:51 AM.

#23 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

View PostBrethren, on 18 March 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

Usually the D-DC does pretty well with just ECM and is arguably better of without stealth armour. I consider any stealth atlas build as a troll build.
That doesn't necerssarily mean they're bad builds. Sometimes what is fun is pretty far from what is considered "meta" or "competitive".
I've witnessed AC20+SRM stealth shenanigans and there are instances where they work because all those LRMs, ATMs or Streaks do not concern you. Posted Image
I went a different path on my D-DC. 2x light gauss, 2x large pulse The most difficult thing was actually to surpress my normal moving behaviour. If they haven't spotted you don't move, just keep charging those electro magnets.
...still a troll build, though. Posted Image

I like that. Might try it. I'll have to buy a grey color first, lol.

#24 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

Well, check out the patch notes first. =)

#25 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:37 AM

I have had quite fun games in my stealth Atlas, but you have to use it properly and it is a very situational play style depending on the map and the opposing team.

#26 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:10 PM

https://mwo.smurfy-n...9e32d0fcc588651

Came up with a cool potential atlas using an interesting weapons combo that fits in IS mechs. Rot5+lbx2!

Here are two in an ANH-1P: https://mwo.smurfy-n...296245e63c11f84

Edited by Arugela, 25 April 2020 - 12:11 PM.

#27 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 April 2020 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, but... RACs suck, and you're using two weapon types with radically different characteristics again. If you look at the projectile velocities on those ballistics, you'll notice that there is a massive difference - and the difference that makes is massive.

Edited by Void Angel, 25 April 2020 - 05:59 PM.

#28 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:37 PM

View PostArugela, on 25 April 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...9e32d0fcc588651

Came up with a cool potential atlas using an interesting weapons combo that fits in IS mechs. Rot5+lbx2!

I've seen some bad builds in my time.. That one is definitely up there.

That build has no potential at all to be effective. It's too slow, it's too hot, it's mixing all the ranges.

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:03 AM

View PostArugela, on 25 April 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...9e32d0fcc588651 Came up with a cool potential atlas using an interesting weapons combo that fits in IS mechs. Rot5+lbx2! Here are two in an ANH-1P: https://mwo.smurfy-n...296245e63c11f84

Personally, though still half of what my Nightstar can do... I'd be more inclined to do something like this for a Stealth Atlas if I was going to make one. (Excluding armor placement.) UAC10s and AC2s seem to pair nicely at mid ranges, which also fits with the LPLs, neither of which are in sniping locations on the mech (hip level). That being said, I believe it would not have enough punch or speed to really take advantage of the Stealth. I'd be almost tempted to remove AMS, depending upon tier of game play... but I couldn't think of what to do for 1 ton besides more ammo... (UAC10, AC2, two LPLs)

This one would have more firepower, but had to cut ammo counts... Might get rid of the AC2 for more ammo, or reduce the MRM30 to an MRM20... But this might make for a sneaky puncher. However, once more it would be hard pressed if it ran into another assault without stealth... (UAC10, AC2, MRM20 and MRM30)

RACs and Stealth typically don't pair well because of the heat produced and the stream of shells that lead back to your location, though it does have good "pure" DPS... I would imagine someone with Stealth would either want to hit from someplace the enemy isn't looking and then hide before they can turn around and see you, or use it simply to deter missile locks... I think an Atlas with just ECM, maxed ECM skills, and Radar Deprivation (maybe) would probably fulfill that second role well enough without Stealth armor.

On notation of the thread's title, a Stealth Atlas is not completely useless... but it probably would be considered sub-optimized and under performing.

#30 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:08 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 April 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Yeah, but... RACs suck, and you're using two weapon types with radically different characteristics again. If you look at the projectile velocities on those ballistics, you'll notice that there is a massive difference - and the difference that makes is massive.

But they are relatively fast fire weapons in the arms to do damage while tanking. Then you fire the body weapons into the body. They can both fire for long enough to kill the biggest assaults. I calcualted the damage. Annie is 5-10 second of fire. And it's like 289 damage total over that time or something. I was more hoping it helped crit after getting into amor than anything. The body shot helps with armor and then let the arms rip it apart while you are tanking actively by wiggling back and for to spread damage.

You can switch out the heavy ppc for stuff. The main point was that the ROT5 and LBX2 slot well together physically and have fast fire support. I would think they do wonders on internals.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...e4eb489064953cb

This has better damage. It can get out 137-157 damage in 3-4 seconds.

Edited by Arugela, 26 April 2020 - 12:17 PM.

#31 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:41 AM

Gentlemen. I believe we have been subjected to 380 posts of trolling.

#32 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:42 AM

Nope 380 posts of dunning kruger. It think the rly believes this. Or he is a rly good troll. But his other posts go more in the not a damn clue direction.

#33 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:11 PM

This is trolling: https://mwo.smurfy-n...08c2bcb48a820b3

That could be used to test the missile timings actually.

Edited by Arugela, 26 April 2020 - 12:14 PM.

#34 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

View PostArugela, on 26 April 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

But they are relatively fast fire weapons in the arms to do damage while tanking.

No.

Tanking involves aggressive torso twisting after shooting.

RACs are a face-time weapon. You are not tanking anything with them.

Please cease use MWO game-play terminology as part of grossly incorrect statements. It does not help new players in the NEW PLAYER SECTION.

#35 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:41 PM

You just can't go wrong with ac20 3srm6 stealth atlas :>

#36 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:54 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 April 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

No.

Tanking involves aggressive torso twisting after shooting.

RACs are a face-time weapon. You are not tanking anything with them.

Please cease use MWO game-play terminology as part of grossly incorrect statements. It does not help new players in the NEW PLAYER SECTION.

There are forward tanking methods that spread damage. The basic one is by going 45 degrees in both direction from center. Annihilator is built for this. Atlas is also potentially. There are many method of tanking. They are just not commonly known. It allows quicker return fire and more time to concentrate fire. In fact it's better because it spread the damage to 5 components instead of three. You should try it. You might learn something new and interesting.

Edited by Arugela, 26 April 2020 - 01:03 PM.

#37 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:54 PM

Is someone still thinking we are not being trolled?

#38 letir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:23 PM

View PostGagis, on 26 April 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Is someone still thinking we are not being trolled?

Well, I have seen worse players in the other games, who was also full ofthemselves, so...

#39 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

U heard the tactical master. Git gut salty australian.

Nearly 2000 matches is a bit much work for troll account.
https://leaderboard....earch?u=Arugela

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 26 April 2020 - 10:49 PM.

#40 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:34 AM

Nothing says you have to have a troll account to troll. If you pay attention to the link you just posted, you'll notice that he hasn't broken the threshold for season ranking since 2017.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users