Solaris Endures, With Your Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:58 AM

Was wondering what was the deal with the queue because there was no one in it until I dropped in and then all the sudden there were six of us. So just hop in if you are down to play. Someone will see you in the arena.
As an aside, I'll see you wankers out there.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:43 AM

Someone was streaming earlier today causing population spikes in the queue.

I've been very cautious and selective about where and when I queue up for Solaris. I want to maximize my Elo and ranking so I can bathe in the delicious GXP rewards that they will probably give away for the season? PGI hasn't announced the end-of-season rewards yet so they could be popcorn for all I know.

It goes against the spirit and health of Solaris, but if PGI wants to use an Elo system that rewards me for not playing Solaris then that's their prerogative.

#3 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 29 December 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

I've been very cautious and selective about where and when I queue up for Solaris. I want to maximize my Elo and ranking so I can bathe in the delicious GXP rewards that they will probably give away for the season? PGI hasn't announced the end-of-season rewards yet so they could be popcorn for all I know.

It goes against the spirit and health of Solaris, but if PGI wants to use an Elo system that rewards me for not playing Solaris then that's their prerogative.

I'm pretty sure it will be the same as the last ones, they barely changed them. Still, hop in a division you don't care about and let loose the lurms of war!

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

Pretty much this.

Especially the broken first 10 matches which are beyond important to your overall progression at eitehr a semi fast rate or total snail's pace.

#5 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:00 AM

I want to maximize my Elo and ranking so I can bathe in the delicious GXP rewards that they will probably give away for the season? PGI hasn't announced the end-of-season rewards yet so they could be popcorn for all I know.

Take a look at how many people played enough to make it into the leaderboards. Getting into the top 500 means you are in the upper third. Top 150 is upper 10%. Expect some decals and a hand full of corn that you can pop yourself when your side torso drops.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

Last week i played it for a few hours waiting for unit members to get on. Not 1 person said anything back no GG or even O7. Was really weird.

#7 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 31 December 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

Last week i played it for a few hours waiting for unit members to get on. Not 1 person said anything back no GG or even O7. Was really weird.

Yeah it is pretty quiet lately, I usually give a salute at least.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

A lot of times people wait to see what division is being populated. It means that if no one is dropping, though, they won't either. I think it'd be quite useful if you could see the queue in other divisions while queue'ed yourself. You may want to work one division, but if no one is there and there's 10 people dropping in another division you could switch. Or, other people might see that someone's queue'ed in your division and come join you.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 31 December 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

I wouldn't think much of it. A lot of us play with chat disabled.

#9 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Just wanted to point out I saw a bunch of people on today and it was glorious. I even took out a Viper for a couple runs. Weird different mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users