• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostMarty Monster, on 30 December 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

What is the best way to do this?

You pick a division that seems cool, build a good mech for that division, and win. Best way to figure out which mechs are good is to look at the top of the leader-boards, see what the best pilots are taking, and simply copy their build, or if you're really advanced you can build a mech that counters the top mechs.

Which Patron should I pick and so on?

There is a c-bill patron, an xp patron, and an acc patron. Each gives a really unsubstantial bonus towards earning c-bills, xp, or accolades.

If you need c-bills, take the c-bill patron.
If you need xp... why are you handicapping yourself by taking an unskilled mech into Solaris?
If you need neither c-bills or XP, take the acc patron as it gives a bonus towards earning supply caches.

Which Division should I play in?

You look at what mechs are being used in that division and see which division has a mech you own or which playstyle you like.

A summary of each division and the mechs commonly found within:

Div 1 - Lots of Annihilators staring each other down with ranged DPS ballistic builds. Occasionally someone will take an IV4 or an Arctic Build or some lesser Assault mech to liven up the division.

Div 2 - Lots of large tanky brawl mechs like King Krabs, Cyclopses, and Onion IICs. Also beware the waters are piranha infested.

Div 3 - A wide variety of large tanky brawl mechs, mostly Victors and Roughnecks. Occasionally you'll come across a Linebacker or Wolfhound playing a more poke/harassing style.

Div 4 - Zeuses, Awesomes, Zeuses, Archers, Zeuses, Bushwackers, Zeuses, all trying to outbrawl each other. Occasionally there will be a more ranged DPS mech like a Cataphract or a Rifleman.

Div 5 - Mostly SRM Kintaros with the occasional MRM Catapult, Dragon, MRM Vindicator, and Enforcer.

Div 6 - Brawl Hunchbacks, DPS Hunchbacks, Blackjacks, Griffins, Vipers.

Div 7 - MRM Vindicators, MRM Uziels, and a weird assortment of light mechs.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

I think it's best to just jump into a division and see what's happening. You're going to see really common builds...like running 6~8 AC2's in Div one or 4x SRM6's in Div 5. The common builds are the one's that are going to carry most of the matches...copy them like Alcom says. You can hit the leaderboard tab at the top of the mechbay screen and see who's at the top and what they're running.

View PostAlcom Isst, on 30 December 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Div 4 - Zeuses, Awesomes, Zeuses, Archers, Zeuses, Bushwackers, Zeuses, all trying to outbrawl each other. Occasionally there will be a more ranged DPS mech like a Cataphract or a Rifleman.

What exactly are you trying to say, here...

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 01 January 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

What exactly are you trying to say, here...

DIVISION FOUR HAS A LOT OF ZEUS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users