New Player Disappointed In Faction Play

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucifyr Hobbs

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Admittedly I am a relatively new player (2 months)

I have been stepping into faction play this past two months and I have to say I am disappointed in the Domination and standard objective maps being used in faction play. At first it seemed kind of interesting but now its evolved into just LRM spam over and over.

Not sure how to fix it but its simply to easy and not much fun to put players onto open field maps with x4 drops of LRM mechs and just let them narc and LRM spam constantly. There has to be more to it. I was probably happier with just playing the orbital cannon maps.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

You will find more complicated tactics further in. But so long as Lrm spam is working against you they have no reason to show you more. Lrm boats are pretty weak up close. Also they rely on spotters and equipment. Check the sky for UAVs and around for spotter mechs. Destroy them and you better the lrm artillery. From there close in. Alternatively get behind the lrm boats and enjoy easy kills.

Also you are in the thread for the tabletop game./universe not mwo itself.

#3 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

Such is the state of FP until lurms are nerfed back to something reasonable. Either find a unit to play with or stick to the other game modes.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

If it helps when playing Domination to find stealthy paths behind the enemy. The team that can get half the enemy to turn around is the team that will triumph over enemy lrms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users