#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 20 April 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Title should be changed from "needing breaks from events" to "change event requirements to promote better team play". Else, admiralbenbow123 would sound like he doesn't have time to play events thinking if he can't get the free loot, others should not get it also. Even though, that is not admiral's intention.

Using kill assists or kills is a terrible measurement to promote team play. I think it's best that PGI should up the matchscore requirement to somewhere around 200-400 to promote better playing habits from players. It would also force players to improve their skills also

Problem: Anything you place as a "qualifying" statistic for a reward is still able to be gamed in a "not being a team player" aspect. There is no statistic I can think of that would truly promote team play over "personal glory" or "get the event done".

Have it based on Match Score? Game it by just dealing massed damage in a match. SSRMs, LRMs, MRMs and even LBx weapons gain here over other potential aspects. Using your teammates as meat shield so you can better buff your own match score is also possible.

Have it related to kills? Now we have people working towards "kill stealing" (normally I'd say it's "kill securing"), waiting to swoop in at the last moment to get the kill with minimal effort/work. It also would promote people jumping in front of teammates guns to block their shots to improve their own chances of getting the kill shot in.

Kill Assists? Now, no one wants to get the kills, so it's tap as many enemies as you can, and hope some fool decides to kill them for you instead. Amount of damage becomes... irrelevant.

Etc.

I do believe we've been having too many events. We have event after event after event after 3 events at the same time after event after... Though, I will admit the nearly week long running events are a little nicer, but they should still be something small. A single objective to achieve during the week to help players (particularly new ones) progress within the game, which still isn't how the event system is necessarily being used at this time.

I like events. I could also use a short break from events going on. I will also admit, some of the newer events haven't been too bad. They have been improving on the system and event requirements a lot over time.

#22 arther

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

to event or not to event that is the ? i play to enjoy an my stat show this , also when i do check my event's i got most of them done just by playing who would guessed. i believe events are their way to help new players . to give them a goal to shoot for . as for rabbit chaser , that teach's half the group chase a rabbit , team lose's if they learn that is the question.

#23 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

I disagree with the OP. Weekly events are awesome.

1. They encourage people to keep playing all the time, keeping the matches and match-making going.
2. They encourage players to try new things and improve on different tactics. It pushes away stagnation.
3. Free stuff.

If you're sensing that people are collectively playing like ******* to satisfy weird event requirements (btw, it's just your perception; people aren't literally all doing that), just stick to fundamental strategies and punish foolish / over-aggressive players. Make lemonade out of lemons. Play defensively, shoot down all of those detection-seeking UAV's, and take cover from the rocket-laden kamikaze mechs. Working as a team to stave off the chaos makes for better playing all around.

Also, you could just ignore the events totally and tell yourself that the crazy players are just more potatoes.

Keep the weekly events coming, PGI. I need more c-bills for upgrading. And warhorns. Always warhorns. Posted Image

Edited by Renzor the Red, 22 July 2019 - 03:43 PM.

#24 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 22 July 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

I disagree with the OP. Weekly events are awesome.

1. They encourage people to keep playing all the time, keeping the matches and match-making going.
2. They encourage players to try new things and improve on different tactics. It pushes away stagnation.
3. Free stuff.

If you're sensing that people are collectively playing like ******* to satisfy weird event requirements (btw, it's just your perception; people aren't literally all doing that), just stick to fundamental strategies and punish foolish / over-aggressive players. Make lemonade out of lemons. Play defensively, shoot down all of those detection-seeking UAV's, and take cover from the rocket-laden kamikaze mechs. Working as a team to stave off the chaos makes for better playing all around.

Also, you could just ignore the events totally and tell yourself that the crazy players are just more potatoes.

Keep the weekly events coming, PGI. I need more c-bills for upgrading. And warhorns. Always warhorns. Posted Image

What we need (and have sorta been getting to be honest) is, if they are going to do events so often, events that last for a while and can be easily obtained with mostly C-bills, GXP, etc resources that can be helpful mostly to new players. Then have occasional "big events" that might be more challenging every once in a while.

PGI has seemed to be shifting towards this path, which is nice and at least was what I was mostly asking about with my own remarks here. Previously, we where having "challenges" being far more often, with events with semi-difficult goals constantly launching.

(This post was written after I've had a medical procedure. If some words do not seem correct... realize why now.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users