#1 Lad

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

1.Tell me what divisions my mech is allowed in when in my mechbay,

I don't want to do homework to find out, and the trial and error just makes me frustrated, and I won't bother. Just got a new mech, figured I'd give Solaris another chance only because it's in the event, and the first few tries didn't work, so %#@ it, it's not fun being frustrated.

2. Don't insult me when I lose. I won't bother learning if I'm being insulted by the ******* game. I know I suck, the game itself doesn't need to tell me, let the other guy hear it, don't add salt to my injury.

3. I try it so rarely don't make me waste time finding a new sonser each time I try it, I don't care, it waste my time, and it hardly makes a difference as far as I can tell.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostLad, on 07 January 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

1.Tell me what divisions my mech is allowed in when in my mechbay,

I don't want to do homework to find out, and the trial and error just makes me frustrated, and I won't bother. Just got a new mech, figured I'd give Solaris another chance only because it's in the event, and the first few tries didn't work, so %#@ it, it's not fun being frustrated.

2. Don't insult me when I lose. I won't bother learning if I'm being insulted by the ******* game. I know I suck, the game itself doesn't need to tell me, let the other guy hear it, don't add salt to my injury.

3. I try it so rarely don't make me waste time finding a new sonser each time I try it, I don't care, it waste my time, and it hardly makes a difference as far as I can tell.

1. If you click on the Solaris screen. Then a division. It tells you exactly which mechs are allowed (ones that are not allowed, disappear). Alternatively you can again go into the Solaris screen and then hit the store for your selected division. It will again show only allowed mechs.

2. If you can't see the funny side of the in game commentary it sounds like you need to see a doctor.

3. Sponsors expire every few weeks. I forget what that is, might even be a month. Users need to have it expire so they can select another option.

#3 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

The solaris gladiator needs to have thick skin

#4 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

How the hell does Solaris match people up?

As a clan player, I choose a medium and go against either a heavy (Cata) or an assault (Anni) ?!?!?!

If I choose a heavy, it's then against an assault (KC).

If I try to choose an assault, I get a very limited range of options which would be useless.

What a ridiculous game mode. Not only can I not choose a mech that might have a chance of standing up to a higher weight class, I can't work out 2 vs 2 mode.

I'll probably have to pass on the event item, I was looking forward to see how Solaris was setup but as expected, its absolute rubbish.

Just like the quick play game modes, it's got loads of potential but wasted as usual.

#5 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 07 January 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

As a clan player, I choose a medium and go against either a heavy (Cata) or an assault (Anni) ?!?!?!

YEAH BOY YOU TAKE THAT ARCTIC WOLF INTO DIVISION ONE, DECLARE AWOO AT YOUR OPPONENTS, AND TOPPLE ALL OF THOSE DPS ASSAULT MECH WANNABES.

Posted Image

DO NOT DOUBT THE POWER OF AWOO!

#6 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Since S7 has a 99.9% of never improving, you gotta find your own fun. I enjoy squeezing out a victory against superior firepower in a Black Lanner, for example. If you want a W/L that satisfies your ego, you must commit to the meta life completely.

#7 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

View PostSpessMarine, on 08 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I enjoy squeezing out a victory against superior firepower in a Black Lanner, for example.

Back in Season 2 when Div 4 was dominated by Jagermechs, the Black Lanner was a really cool counter. I used 9 micro-pulse (would have been 10 if I had the hero), and used poking and circling tactics while ripping the Jagermech's unprotected arms, completely disarming them and winning.

Posted Image

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:53 AM

The other day someone got me with a gauss black lanner (I think). Completely underestimated this little dinky mech and walked right out in the open...match over.

Lad, you don't get to choose just any mech in each division. As the others have said, when you hit "select mech" it gives you a list of available models. If you don't own any for that division, only the trial will be available. You might have to buy some. I think I've spent more trying to play solaris over the last several months than I have in the game...ever. In Solaris you can hit the leaderboard tab at the top and sort by division (default is sorted by all). From there you can click the player's names on the leaderboard and see their primary mech and what it's loaded with. Most of the top players are generic, cookie cutter meta builds and you'll almost certainly have to copy them to get anywhere.

And there's a lot of salt in solaris matches. There's people who ***** and whine when they lose...and, surprisingly, there's people who ***** and whine when they win. I turn the chat off most of the time...I'm not there to jibber jabber and "gg" doesn't mean anything to me anyway. If you don't have thick skin I'd suggest you do the same.

#9 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 09 January 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

I turn the chat off most of the time...I'm not there to jibber jabber and "gg" doesn't mean anything to me anyway.

Oh is that why most players don't reply to my awoo. Posted Image

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:20 AM

No one likes anyone who runs an anti-meta.

#11 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 09 January 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

No one likes anyone who runs an anti-meta.

Well I hate pilots that run anti-anti meta. Posted Image

#12 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

Anti meta is the SHIZNIT <0

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

Last season there was a guy running an ac2 boat anh and an atm arctic wolf...he’d drop the wolf mostly. He’d push an open map, narc you, hide and hammer. I had no idea how to deal with this and lost a lot of matches to him. So i got mad, bought an arctic wolf, ran four streak 4’s and the biggest engine i could and dropped him with it. He got to where if he’d lose in the wolf he’d drop in the anh...which he drove like someone who’d never used ballistics before. Every now and then i could swap between my arctic olf and direwolf in sync with him and get him a couple times in a row. Itks what taught me maybe switching builds wan’t a good idea, though.

I didn’t care about my ranking then, though...too risky now.

#14 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:37 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 07 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

YEAH BOY YOU TAKE THAT ARCTIC WOLF INTO DIVISION ONE, DECLARE AWOO AT YOUR OPPONENTS, AND TOPPLE ALL OF THOSE DPS ASSAULT MECH WANNABES.

Posted Image

So here i am in my nice safe Anni . I get matched with an arctic wolf . I am thinking easy peezy . This pilot has PPC,s in factory wow sounds like a cookout . Normally i back against a wall and wait for stupid to do stupid . I could not do that .

This pilot also knew every nook and cranny hole in factory . He was permanantly behind cover lazily shooting off those things through the smallest holes . And me swearing with my thumb up my butt till i died .

Edited by Pain G0D, 18 January 2019 - 06:41 AM.

#15 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:44 AM

Dismissing potato pilots, i think i’ve only carried one arctic wolf in my direwolf...and it was mostly luck. I can do okay against them if i brought AC10’s, but i’m gaurunteed to get a king crab or anh boating AC2’s if i bring an AC10 build.

#16 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

I was looking forward to Lite, Medium, Heavy and Assault divisions... like it was in MW4... this tier thing ain't for me.

#17 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostKaptain, on 18 January 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

this tier thing ain't for me.

y?

#18 undeadasharak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

@the unstoppable puggernaught im pretty sure it takes anything that so much as looks like its alive that might be in somthing that may or may not be a fuctioning mech so long as its theres two of these things in que in one devision it throws them together to fight it out ive found a while back that we need two people of the same unit on at once just to get solaris matches and forget about duos unless you have four people you know online at least that was the state of it a few months ago

#19 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 07 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

ALCOM MY MAN! ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Unfortunately they took my Arctic Wolf 2 from div 2...wankers...

#20 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 07 January 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

How the hell does Solaris match people up?
If I choose a heavy, it's then against an assault (KC).
If I try to choose an assault, I get a very limited range of options which would be useless.
What a ridiculous game mode. Not only can I not choose a mech that might have a chance of standing up to a higher weight class,

Each chassis variant can only queue up in a single division: https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions
You're matched by the division you're queued for, then by your solaris skill rating (SSR) IF there's more than two people queued at a time.

I can't work out 2 vs 2 mode.

You need to be in a group with another player, then set the queue for Solaris. Group leader's mech decides which Solaris division you're queued for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users