Replacing Masc Crosshair Shake

22 replies to this topic

#21 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:07 PM

I'm still here for round 2 by the way.

I've changed the title, to better represent my belief.

Edited by Livaria, 07 February 2019 - 10:20 PM.

#22 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

View PostLivaria, on 12 January 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

The value of MASC as a repositioning utility is debatable in my mind. I could probably just get a bigger engine, and re-position without the help of MASC.

Let's take the flea for example:

* With a LF Engine 125 It moves at 108 KPH. With MASC active, it's 130.6 KPH. (With speed tweak.)

* With a LF Engine 145 it moves at 126.2 (Also with speed tweak.)

That means MASC gives me a temporary speed advantage of 4.4 KPH. Or... I can Get a consistent 126.2 KPH that doesn't need to take a break. Performance wise; It almost breaks even with an ordinary speed configuration.

So if I can't get good enough speed out of MASC, why not make better use of the Acceleration/Deceleration?

Screenshake limits the options of weapons; But it still works well enough with certain types of weapons. Which is why I consider the crosshair shake to be an imperfect system. Cross-hair shake? Fine, I'll just have my missiles do the aiming. Or maybe I can commit fully to PPCs or Gauss Rifles, and IS Autocannons.
say that for people who use mechs that cannot remove MASC if it's so useless.

#23 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 February 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

say that for people who use mechs that cannot remove MASC if it's so useless.

Well, do you think that maybe you're missing the point? Did I explain myself well enough? It feels like i'm constantly talking over the heads of my audience.

The whole entire point of that one post was just to demonstrate that the speed gain isn't why people should take MASC, and that the Acceleration/Deceleration boost is primary reason to take MASC.

I do not consider MASC to be useless, I consider it to be sub-optimal and extremely limiting because of the screenshake.

Edited by Livaria, 17 February 2019 - 11:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users