405 replies to this topic

#201 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostSagamore, on 09 January 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

The fact that Xsolla is charging $171 CAD when the base exchange rate would cost $156 CAD is pretty nuts though. Xsolla definitely charges a premium for currency exchange.

BASE exchange rates are for banks, national governments, large money market exchanges... people moving MILLIONS or billions of dollars in a single transaction. What an individual consumer gets as an exchange rate is always worse. Also you can do XSOLLA transactions in US dollars by simply linking a US dollar funding source to it and thus not suffer from their exchange rates.

#202 Mr MOS

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:06 PM

I preordered yesterday and redeem codes was accepted.

But after 9 hours redeem code is not listed under redeemed codes and also my MCs on the website have the same amount as before entering the code.

Do I first have to login into MWO client (I'm currently at work) or should I directly contact Support. If second, which email to contact.

Thanks!

MOS

Edited by Mr MOS, 09 January 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#203 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Do I have to create a different account on mw5mercs.com?

#204 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

I'm curious to see or know if there will be a Feb, March or later Pre-Order option with that months MWO mech.

Edit: I should clarify that as subsequent community pre-orders in the same way this one has been done.

Edited by 50 50, 09 January 2019 - 10:11 PM.

#205 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

No t-shirt, caps or figures... PGI has only the license for digital products... Microsoft not have the rights for nondigital merchandise products

#206 Mr MOS

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostMARSAS, on 09 January 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

MRMOS

try to login into game , usualy for me it works like this - you buy mc or mechpack and only when you login into game it appears in game and after that on website. without login into game it doesnt show on website in my profile . but if after loggin nothing happens then write to suport they will 100% help you and fix problem .P.S. bought anihilator pack and it came only after 1 hour after i played a game .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PARAN01AC

yes create new account

Thank you for your reply! I just remember, that it usually worked like this. I will check this evening by logging into client. If this won't work, I will wirte to support.

#207 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

Ok, went in as Ultimate. I really want the Technical Battlemech Manual and I'm happy to support PGI for what will be my next favourite game.

Posted Image

I guess its MC consumables from here on out. Not sure what else to spend it on...

#208 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:15 AM

View PostRhialto, on 09 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Anyone know if they said that PvP will come to MW5 later on?

Fact is I'm more looking for an enhanced MWO with better visuals and physics. I know it's not MWO ported to Unreal engine but I guess you know what I mean, I hope at one point that MW5 will let us play 8vs8 solo or in group or whatever.

During the Christmas NGNG podcast with Russ and Paul, Paul definitively said MW5 will NOT have any pvp element. Stictly, Optional Coop and AI. MWO will be the faction play and combat.

I'd assume this until they anounce a change.

#209 Kilogold

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

I've been waiting for a new singleplayer Mechwarrior. I'm going to drop MWO like an ugly baby when this game comes out.

#210 Windschreiter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:09 AM

I consider this a pretty great offer as you get your money's worth and more in MWO. I know the feel towards PGI and must admit it has some merits, we saw a lot of overpromising in the time of MWO.

But on the other hand they stood their ground against HG and walked away with us having the unseen back. That's why I'm seriously considering to buy a pack.

Allowing for tier upgrades might ease my decision in the right direction. (hint hint)

#211 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 January 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

What part of Unreal's requirement for Windows 7 or better wasn't clear enough ?

My mistake, ovesight.was rushing trough the posts and only saw the OSX "10." which clearly refers to Mackintosh.

Guess i shouldnt't play shooting games if im blind as a bat. Posted Image
It"s probably because you guys shine all those lasers in my eye.
My eye doctor also wants to shine a laser in my eye for some reason to fix it..... I think he's a clanner...

Thank you!

Edited by Darky101, 10 January 2019 - 02:49 AM.

#212 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

View PostSagamore, on 09 January 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

I really want the Technical Battlemech Manual .

Isn't that just the rules for the MW5 computer game? Ie. not an actual BattleTech TRO?

#213 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:43 AM

View PostParan01ac, on 09 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Do I have to create a different account on mw5mercs.com?

Yes. After you purchase a pack you get an email with a redeem code for the MWO goodies.

#214 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:03 AM

View PostGasoline, on 10 January 2019 - 03:43 AM, said:

Yes. After you purchase a pack you get an email with a redeem code for the MWO goodies.

Partly correct. You need a new account with mw5mercs.com. But you'll get no email with the code. Rather you'll find the code here: https://mw5mercs.com/profile under MWO content.

#215 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:04 AM

With your obvious non-response to my last questions shows the only MoD going here is through a mod channel. I hate to break it to you but you can't talk about Modding the game in a discord channel and call that a game MOD unless you got tools to mod with. So why have a channel? An obvious smoke and mirrors lie to make people think you will be modding in September too. Why the lie? Lets see what others think about this obvious lie.

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 January 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

This is answered in the FAQ - https://mw5mercs.com/faq

View PostDeathshade, on 09 January 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

<p class="qna-block">
5.) What does the access to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Mod Maker Discord Chat entail?
  • The Mod Maker Discord Chat is an area for Community Edition owners to discuss and plan mods for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, giving modding enthusiasts the opportunity to collaborate with each other in their efforts to craft awesome mods and build a dedicated modding community.
The FAQ implies that there would be tools but only references a "Discord MoD Maker Channel" with the assumption that tools will be present. Will there be tools by the Sept Release?

#216 Trooper Thorn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEvansville, Indiana

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 09 January 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

They really need to be showing us the Mercenary side of the game soon. The fact they haven't worries the hell out of me.

How does an innocuous client like Steam cause issues for your computer? All it does is launch games.

If you won't use Steam, you probably won't be playing MW5.

I have been dealing with the problem with steam for years I had a couple of games on steam and when I would try to play them the damn thing would crash my PC with out fail.
My PC is now almost 10 years old yet it is still above standard for MWO and I do not understand why PG does not make it part of the MWO launcher, hell world of warships, world of warplanes and world of tanks are all part of the same launcher. Armored Warfare has a world server set up so everyone from anywhere in the world can play on the same server together. Why would this not behoove PG to have a single launcher set up so we can as we go along in the missions start using the mechs we have in MWO or is it we will have to buy the mechs all over again?
Putting me in the position of not being able to play MW 5 because I have severe problem with steam sucks. I have noticed more and more companies are putting their stuff through steam what are y'all trying to turn the PC's into slock box, pay station or Wii don't want it?
I am 60 years old and have as I said been playing Mechwarrior since the beginning and am part of Clan Blood Spirit and y'all are telling me that I will not be able to purchase or use MW 5. I have been waiting for this ever since the first mention of this coming game I really dislike being herded into a platform that has given me nothing but grief thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Trooper Thorn, 10 January 2019 - 07:08 AM.

#217 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 10 January 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

I have been dealing with the problem with steam for years I had a couple of games on steam and when I would try to play them the damn thing would crash my PC with out fail.
My PC is now almost 10 years old yet it is still above standard for MWO and I do not understand why PG does not make it part of the MWO launcher, hell world of warships, world of warplanes and world of tanks are all part of the same launcher. Armored Warfare has a world server set up so everyone from anywhere in the world can play on the same server together. Why would this not behoove PG to have a single launcher set up so we can as we go along in the missions start using the mechs we have in MWO or is it we will have to buy the mechs all over again?
Putting me in the position of not being able to play MW 5 because I have severe problem with steam sucks. I have noticed more and more companies are putting their stuff through steam what are y'all trying to turn the PC's into slock box, pay station or Wii don't want it?
I am 60 years old and have as I said been playing Mechwarrior since the beginning and am part of Clan Blood Spirit and y'all are telling me that I will not be able to purchase or use MW 5. I have been waiting for this ever since the first mention of this coming game I really dislike being herded into a platform that has given me nothing but grief thanks but no thanks.

Steam works well for the majority of people who use it. It is unrealistic to expect that software will run the same on every PC or configuration. This is the reason why Apple has very little diversity in their products and tightly controls the hardware in their "PCs", so that it is easier for software developers. Also you are not specific about how Steam is causing problems, so at this point I can only assume that it is a matter of opinion.

#218 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 10 January 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

This sounds to me more like you need a fresh windows install, especially older Windows versions suffered from that.
BTW, while we are at it, steam doesn't run on XP or Vista any more

Edited by Peter2k, 10 January 2019 - 08:53 AM.

#219 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

PGI is offering me a 200$ package for 120$ and puts MW5 on top for free.
So technically they are giving me money to play MW5.
How desperate does a company have to be to do this?
Imagine this, everybody will buy one of those packages, so the income for MW5 will be 0. I don´t get it.

And the question came up, but wasn´t answered yet. Will there be offers like this in the next months, including other mechs? Cause i´m totally not interested in another 100t IS Mech.

Next question, i still have plenty of MCs and really don´t need more, unless PGI would tell us what will happen to MWO in 2020 and beyond. Will MWO continue, after MW5 became a total disaster?
If yes, i would gladly buy the 120$ package.
If not, i have no idea how i would spend all those MCs till the end of this year.

By the way, if you would moderate your Facebook page, you would be aware that there are plenty of people out there, who would like to pay for accessing the beta, who don´t play MWO.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 10 January 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#220 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 January 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

BASE exchange rates are for banks, national governments, large money market exchanges... people moving MILLIONS or billions of dollars in a single transaction. What an individual consumer gets as an exchange rate is always worse. Also you can do XSOLLA transactions in US dollars by simply linking a US dollar funding source to it and thus not suffer from their exchange rates.

Ya I think it worked out better when I paid via paypal USD and let paypal exchange with my bank at a better rate than xsolla was offering (still sucks but not as badly).

Considering PGI is in Vancouver and paying their overhead like building and staff costs in CAD why not let us pay in CAD though? They have to know that Canadians would spend more if their dollars went further. But I guess it's just easier to let a company like Xsolla pocket a big chunk of profit and not care about the money they are leaving on the table and the customers that are paying more to Xsolla.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users