Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Community Pre-Order

405 replies to this topic

#341 Senso No Okami

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:32 PM

I preordered and redeemed my codes. I thought the MC was supposed to be immediate but it's been a few hours and I still don't have it.

#342 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

you redeemed all four of them? It can take to the next full hour for the injection.

#343 Shelminator

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 08 April 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

(please note: this is an educated guess; do not consider this to be anything more than that)
It won't be similar to MWO as it's built on an entirely different engine (Unreal Engine 4).
Looking at recent games using that engine to establish some kind of minimum ballpark, they don't go below GTX660 in minimum spec - and the 660 outclasses your 650M about twice over.

thanks a lot man, although it means NO-GO for me:( at least i am in calm now...
well but that founder bonus is nice and i really wanted the preorder..but not going to buy a new PC because of this game...maybe in far future..and then it will be already in sale..
so farewell my preorder:(

#344 Medea

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

Can anyone tell me will this be like battletech in the sense you command a squad, have to pay there wages level them up etc, except instead of turnbased its first person.

#345 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Yep, that's roughly what it's supposed to be.

#346 Mortificator

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

No more of my money for GPI

#347 wolfsta

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

Well, that's be one less sale for MW5. How could you guys prostitute yourselves out like that? Epic has such a horrible customer experience, from the storefront that is on par with Steam from 15 years ago to the awful customer security protections. This is such an anti-consumer move....

#348 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

Well, I've played table top Battletech since is was called BattleDroids, played every MW game, and was a backer for mwo; I had been looking forward to MW5, but selling out to the anti-consumer EGS means this is a no buy from me. Pretty sad.

#349 Huanglong

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

They are at least somewhat honest about thier motives. Well nobody actually believes that "ensure quality" jabber. But when you read between the lines, they basically do it for the publicity that comes with beeing yet another of the games exclusivly on Epic Store, and it seems to be working so far. Now they only can hope that stunt pays off.

They should at least be completly honest about thier reasons, be it the money or the publicity. But you can't tell me they won't be able to deliver a good game if they released it on other platforms as well, that is just pure nonsens.

Edited by Huanglong, 26 July 2019 - 05:30 AM.

#350 sp4m

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:34 AM

I just learned that pre-ordering MW5 is possible... is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
I would *love* to get in on some early beta action!!

I just learned that pre-ordering MW5 is possible... is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?

#351 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:58 AM

View Postsp4m, on 26 July 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

Yes, it is.

How badly do you want it? It will only be accessible through Epic Game Store.

#352 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

I don't know.

i don't know but hate EPIC, i don't really know PGI but learned to hate it. STEAM, well, got many games via their portal (Portal for example :) ).
Don't even know if i really have the time to play a game during the next years. (other than QuickPlay)

Aachh, f..k your knee ( ;) ), i gonna rip some mechwarriors a.. in MWO.

Peace and Pretzels

el piro

#353 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Great job stabbing your consumers in the back after they already handed you their money PGI. I want my choice of platform, not whatever you were bribed into using. If this doesn't change before the end of month I'm requesting a refund and I'm never giving you money again. That's a promise. I don't care what deals you made with your Chinese Overlords. Figure it out or lose a customer forever. Not just one either, I'd wager.

Edited by Orisos, 06 August 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#354 SLDFSpectreSix

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostOrisos, on 06 August 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Great job stabbing your consumers in the back after they already handed you their money PGI. I want my choice of platform, not whatever you were bribed into using. If this doesn't change in a month I'm requesting a refund and I'm never giving you money again. That's a promise. I don't care what deals you made with your Chinese Overlords. Figure it out or lose a customer forever.

You have until September to get your refund. That's 3 weeks and 4 days. They won't "figure it out" because they've already made a deal and most likely signed a contract. They're not going to go back or give a choice because Mouthbreather McClaine is mad that they had to change platforms because they signed a contract.

See you in a year.

#355 SLDFSpectreSix

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostOrisos, on 06 August 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

If you're done sniffing your own farts come back to reality. Wise developers, like those of Metro Exodus, made the choice to provide Steam keys for the game before the exclusivity period expired for people who already pre-ordered. So kindly blow your self-congratulatory snark out your ***. I want what I paid for, which was a Steam key that lets me play the game at launch.

Waaahhhh wahhhh I'm too good to use another launcher, I want it on Steam, and I want it NOW waaahhhhhh

If you ever wanna see what entitlement looks like, just go to the MWO Forums when PGI announces a change or a rescheduling.

#356 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 07 August 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Waaahhhh wahhhh I'm too good to use another launcher, I want it on Steam, and I want it NOW waaahhhhhh

You know very well this has less to do with Epic being another launcher and more to do with the bait and switch compared to what they paid for, being lied to by Russ when the FAQ changes came up and finally Epic being a **** platform that should not be supported until they get their **** in order.

#357 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 07 August 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

If you ever wanna see what entitlement looks like, just go to the MWO Forums when PGI announces a change or a rescheduling.

The only thing I see in your post is someone that thinks he's better than everyone else. Blow it out your ***. I am entitled to what I paid for, idiot. That's what the word means. I have the right to receive the product I paid for. I paid for a Steam key and that's what I want. If you can't handle that then **** off. I didn't ask for your opinion nor did I insult your favorite Fortnite launcher. If you'd like me to then please feel free to continue spouting the biased self-congratulatory garbage you've been spouting.

Edited by Orisos, 08 August 2019 - 05:29 PM.

#358 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostOrisos, on 08 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

The only thing I see in your post is someone that thinks he's better than everyone else. Blow it out your ***. I am entitled to what I paid for, idiot. That's what the word means. I have the right to receive the product I paid for. I paid for a Steam key and that's what I want. If you can't handle that then **** off. I didn't ask for your opinion nor did I insult your favorite Fortnite launcher. If you'd like me to then please feel free to continue spouting the biased self-congratulatory garbage you've been spouting.

I did notice you use the word "entitled" in your retort. That sort of made his point I believe.

#359 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:04 AM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 08 August 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

I did notice you use the word "entitled" in your retort. That sort of made his point I believe.

Then your grasp of the English language and formal logic are both woefully sad and no one can help you.

#360 SLDFSpectreSix

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

View PostOrisos, on 08 August 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

First of all, I didn't say the Epic Games Launcher was my favorite. However, I don't see the point in being a little Orisos (replacing the swear with your name here because that's what you are being) and complaining because the game's not going to be on Steam and you paid for a Steam key. If you don't like it, then get your refund, and maybe use the money to go into therapy or hire a medical professional to help you through this tough and turbulent time in your life because this is obviously something that's bothering you to the point you feel anger. I mean, come on, it's just a video game, and you're willing to be THIS angry?

While you're telling people to blow it out their *** and whining about not having a Steam key and how the Chinese overlords have PGI by the Urbie, I'll be playing the game I will enjoy. [redacted]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users