What Happened To Mw5

6 replies to this topic

#1 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

so i had seen many of the videos from 2017 and they looked amazing. everything from the visuals to the way the mechs moved and reacted to running into buildings as well as shooting/being shot.

after I saw the pre-order i went to see if any new videos were out and I saw the game play demo...

the lighting was saturated to hell missiles looked like cristmass lights and the mechs gluided across the landscape like they were on roller blades buildings just popping with no resistance when a mech just grazes them. not to mention the much more archady UI changes. I mean is that the direction they have decided to go with it or was that just something for the demo?

#2 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

you would be crazy to buy something b4 it exists....

#3 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Many questions...
In the last trailer and demos not further infantry avaible like the demolition trailer. Today nothing seeing lakes or rivers? All only dry planets? The generic maps only have the square generic bases? Only the handcrafted maps have urban areas? Nothing seeing today from the tactical and strategically part of the game... Only action trailers.

#4 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

I was burned once by PGI, not again.

#5 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Well MWO looked gorgeous too during Closed Beta ...

#6 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 09 January 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

What Happened To Mw5

PGI

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:02 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 09 January 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

so i had seen many of the videos from 2017 and they looked amazing. everything from the visuals to the way the mechs moved and reacted to running into buildings as well as shooting/being shot.

after I saw the pre-order i went to see if any new videos were out and I saw the game play demo...

the lighting was saturated to hell missiles looked like cristmass lights and the mechs gluided across the landscape like they were on roller blades buildings just popping with no resistance when a mech just grazes them. not to mention the much more archady UI changes. I mean is that the direction they have decided to go with it or was that just something for the demo?

Are you referring to the video (which is much older than 2017) where a Warhammer launches a UAV Satellite relay> I believe it shoots down a Jenner that hopped on top of a building and then fought an Atlas? That one was a video, and not a game play footage of anything. It was PGI's original concept video to show to backing companies (IGP) about how they envisioned the game MW5. However, the financial companies (like IGP) didn't want to do a MW5, but wanted an MMO styled game (because it's more popular and tends to rake in more money than stand along "console" styled games). So, PGI decided to change their proposition to MW:O, probably with the eventual hope to make MW5 in the future.

If that is not the video you are referring to, sorry for derailing your thread...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users