• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

Hi guys!

Here are the mechs i already have:

AS7-D
JM-S
Hunchback-IIC <-- (I enjoy this the most. Got dual UAC20's)
NVA-S(C)

I have around 8 million cbills to use.

What mech shouhld i buy next?

What i'm looking for is to just go full ballistic. I just like to do massive amounts of damage and rip enemies to shreads. While the hunchback is a nice in your face, boom! I'd like to have something like a walking machinegun using AC's..

My plan was to buy the best mech suited for this with the right quirks and then start saving up for better weapons... But since there are sooo many options.. I don't really know what to pick..

Heavy or assault class.

Edited by Grim Pummeler, 09 January 2019 - 09:42 AM.

#2 Grim Pummeler

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:27 AM

Should i go for jaeger DD and just roll rotary ac's?

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

For Inner Sphere heavies and assaults I'd suggest looking at the Marauder 3R, Sleipnir (Cyclops hero), Black Widow (Warhammer hero), Mauler MAL-MX90, Fafnir FNR-5. The Riflemans are a candidate too but they're similar in gameplay to the Jagermech you already have.

Lots of Clan mechs can do ballistics; first that come to mind are the Night Gyr, Mad Cat MCII-B, Dire Wolf, Blood Asp, and Kodiak KDK-3.

#4 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

MadCat-B with its 90 tons and 4 arm ballistic slots with full degree of movement is an excellent choice. I'm running it with dual UAC/10 in right arm and one UAC/20 in the left arm. I find it much more reliable and devastating than quad UAC/10 (which suffers from ammo defficiency) and the popular double UAC/10 x double UAC/5 which is mad dakka but not as powerful.

Fafnir-5 is another case of death by dakka with 4 side torso ballistic points and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TRY THIS BUILD IN THIS LINK HERE ON THE FORUM! https://mwomercs.com...fastest-fafnir/
It is the fastest Fafnir build around, going at comfortable 56,6kp/h with full Survival and enough in Firepower. Ammo can get tight when you go for 1200+ damage rounds, which is very easy to do in this. x2 RAC2 with x2 LB10X and 3 ML. RAC2s suppress while LB10Xs crit and you know, fire fast and deal good damage. It's absolutely devastating and in a one v one no one will be able to strip any of your armor before you've killed them. Once ran into a full armor 3v1 vs an assault and two heavies and won, then procceed to kill a few more while under heavy fire. Ended up being a 1500+ damage round.

P.S. Hunchback 4G has excellent quirks and is able to fit up to three ballistics in its shoulder, never underestimate the hunchie hehe :)
Others include the Roughnecks as they are extremely sturdy with both armor and structure quirks and the Marauders with good mounts and ballistic hardpoint count. Very popular is the Marauder with 3 RAC2, murderous ******* that one.

Edited by Acersecomic, 09 January 2019 - 10:37 AM.

#5 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

I would suggest getting a KGC-000. It has 6 ballistic hardpoints and a lot of armor. All of its ballistics are mounted in the arms and don't get shot that often.

#6 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Assault mechs are more unforgiving of positioning errors due to low maneuverability. Also, everyone likes to shoot them.

The Bushwhacker is a fairly tanky 55 tonner that can mount 2-3 medium-sized ballistic weapons, or one big one, and also some MGs. Mine has 2 medium pulse lasers, an AMS, and a heavy gauss rifle.

#7 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 09 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

I would suggest getting a KGC-000. It has 6 ballistic hardpoints and a lot of armor. All of its ballistics are mounted in the arms and don't get shot that often.

The KGC-000 6xAC2 build can cause a world of hurt but it might not be ideal for someone coming from a Jagermech; the hardpoint locations are pretty low so you have to expose much of your body before you can start unloading damage.

To highlight the OP's comment of "I'd like to have something like a walking machinegun using AC's.." I'd suggest looking at the Marauder 3R's triple RAC2 build.

I'd also agree with Jonathan above and suggest looking at the Bushwacker X1 or X2 for builds like dual LB10Xs, dual AC10s, and dual RAC5s even though it's a medium mech.

#8 Grim Pummeler

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostRuccus, on 09 January 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

The KGC-000 6xAC2 build can cause a world of hurt but it might not be ideal for someone coming from a Jagermech; the hardpoint locations are pretty low so you have to expose much of your body before you can start unloading damage.

To highlight the OP's comment of "I'd like to have something like a walking machinegun using AC's.." I'd suggest looking at the Marauder 3R's triple RAC2 build.

I'd also agree with Jonathan above and suggest looking at the Bushwacker X1 or X2 for builds like dual LB10Xs, dual AC10s, and dual RAC5s even though it's a medium mech.

I'm going with the marauder 3R with RAC's Can it go with two RAC5's?

EDIT:

Just bought the marauder 3R..
Does anybody have any build links i could import?

Edited by Grim Pummeler, 10 January 2019 - 03:42 AM.

#9 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:01 AM

View PostGrim Pummeler, on 10 January 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

This is the build I run with.
AI5820F1|Vg|Z<2|i^|i^pj0|R@|R@|R@|aOqj0|f?|i^|i^|i^rZ0|E@|E@sZ0|E@|E@tT0|?P|?PuT0|?P|?Pv80|AOw606060

Triple RAC2 (4t ammo), 4 ER Small Lasers, AMS (1.5t ammo). 300 Light Engine. 5 Double Heat Skinks. Beagle Active Probe.

RAC5 build I'd run otherwise.
AI5820F1|jb|i^|i^pj0|S@|S@qj0|f?|i^|i^|i^rZ0|Y?|Y?sZ0|Y?|Y?tT0|AP|APuT0|AP|BPv80|AOw606060

Double RAC5 (3.5t ammo), 4 Medium Lasers, AMS (1t ammo). 300 Standard Engine. 5 Double Heat Sinks.

Weightsaver (pretty damn good)
AI5820F1|Vg|i^|i^|0=2pj0|S@|R@qj0|f?|i^|i^|i^rZ0|c?|c?sZ0|c?|c?tT0|AP|?PuT0|AP|?Pv80|AOw606060

RAC5 (2t ammo), RAC2 (2t ammo), AMS (1t ammo), 4 Medium Pulse Lasers. 300 Light Engine. 5 Double Heat Sinks. Targeting Computer MkII.

#10 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:12 AM

View PostGrim Pummeler, on 10 January 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

Using smurfy's, here are a few builds for the 3M:
MAD-3R (2xLB10X)
MAD-3R (Heavy Gauss)
MAD-3R (2xRAC5)
MAD-3R (3xRAC2)
MAD-3R (AC20+2xSNPPC) (Standard 300 option)

If c-bills are an issue stick with the standard engine builds initially to avoid the cost of a LFE - the Marauder has some solid standard engine builds. Also, while counter-intuitive, I find the RAC2 build works better than the RAC5 build. I find the RAC5s jam too quickly, so the RAC2's staying power helps frustrate enemies more while your armour and structure can take the hits during the RAC2's extended face time.

#11 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:22 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 10 January 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

You forgot to optimise with light ferro.

He's light on cash, so I purposely didn't use light ferro to keep build options open. It adds about 3/4 of a ton which isn't a huge issue for a 75 ton mech.

#12 Grim Pummeler

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:44 AM

I went with:
2 AC5's
4 Medium Lasers

Couldn't be happier..
I have over 1000 rounds of ammo on my AC5's which last for a loooong time.

I've been getting more kills than i used to when playing other mechs.

Thanks for the recommendation on the marauder!

#13 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

Marauder is a naaasty beast that's for sure :) Very easy to do very well in it with how tanky and punchy it is.
I still recommend you try the Weightsaver build I linked above, it will allow for a bit more staying power compared to regular two RAC5 with slightly less damage on RACs but much faster cooldown and slightly higher damage on lasers.

#14 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostGrim Pummeler, on 10 January 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

I went with:
2 AC5's
4 Medium Lasers

Couldn't be happier..
I have over 1000 rounds of ammo on my AC5's which last for a loooong time.

I've been getting more kills than i used to when playing other mechs.

Thanks for the recommendation on the marauder!

Do you mean RAC5s? 1,000 rounds of AC5 ammo is over 28 tons (while 6 tons of RAC5 ammo is 1,050 rounds).

If you're running 2xRAC5s with 6 tons of ammo and want a change of pace, it's really easy to swap your current build with 2xLB10Xes and 4 tons of ammo (which should be enough ammo for most quickplay matches).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users