Timber Wolf Prime Build

2 replies to this topic

#1 StolenMadWolf

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

For a long time, I've been running mainly with a modified Timber Wolf Prime build, mainly swapping around a few lasers, throwing in additional ammo for the LRM-20s and a targeting computer for good measure. Sadly the circle/mob tactics of QP and FP means I cannot fully take advantage of the Timber Wolf's versatility. Occassionly get decent games including one or two 1000ers.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...350074f39537c9b

Any thoughts?

#2 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Ugh, buying the Timber Wolf Warrant was a huge mistake, big, big hitboxes for torsoes, soft... I've fiddled with more builds on this thing than there are weapons in the game and I just wasn't satisfying with any of them. You can't properly brawl in the mech and snipping is something I just cannot do.

I tried running it with LRMs and ATMs and it would at times prove great but those minimal ranges for ATMs and LRMs can really hurt.

So, after a lot of meddling I finaly turned my eyes toward Streaks and being an evil presence for all those pesky fish and other squishy fast movers and jumpers who park on top of buildings and harrass everyone while thinking they're safe.

I built myself a JumpJet capable TimberWolf with x4 C-Streak6 and x4 C-ERML. And you know what? I suddenly started doing really well in this machine. It's no standout damage monster and it's not a great brawler due to random nature of streaks, though it can hold its own. Where it shines is protecting the team from those early arrogant light harrasers, supporting your team during a fight and protecting their backs against lights who cannot escape your Streaks. To make matters worse for them, I even run full Speed Tweak so it's just a little bit harder for them to escape. To make it even worse for them, I'm running a Clan Active Probe and Targeting Computer MkI.

I found that this combination of light/medium hunting, jumpjets and not drowning yourself in firepower arrogance, you tend to provide a more effective presence on the battlefield. You know you don't have the power to alpha down heavies and assaults, so you don't even try, ending up preserving your armor a bit more throught the match. This build has provided me with a consistant source of damage and income.
These are the setup and skill build nodes for it. I recommend you give it a try.

Build
AQ7D=5F1|ZRpj04E7|BC|BC|ZRqj02E7|BC|BC|ZRr`0aD7|lB|lB|l^|e<2|nRs`06Q7|lB|lB|l^|l<2|l^ta07Q7ua08Q7v801Q7w606060
Skills
a5370c007f80dfe560f0000008062101cff7f0000e86f777fe50e03000000

Edited by Acersecomic, 09 January 2019 - 02:15 PM.

#3 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:10 AM

https://mech.nav-alp...2b077_TBR-PRIME

Using ATM 9's, MPL, and Leaving the MG's. Ideally, this build is best in the medium range. Got to act more as a push support mech, rather than a full out pusher... It's not a meat shield no matter what you do...

https://mech.nav-alp...fbb79b5_TBR-WAR this is what I would do with the Warrior, with how you said that you found it to work. I have personally found that SRM's are a lot more stable. A nice point a shoot option. I love medium pulse lasers, a little less burn time, and therefore a bit less face time. Put everything on Alpha, and hold the button to keep the MG's running at close range, and when the lasers are done pulsing, look away to kill the face time... NEVER STOP MOVING WITH THIS BUILD!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users