10 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Since PGI is going to have two closely related games, similar to FortNite's Battle Royale and Save the World, then I think it would be good to have a similar rewards system too. Currently, in FortNite, if you complete "achievements" in the single-player/co-op "Save the World" then you are reward with premium currency in the Battle Royale mode that you can use to buy skins and other premium items. This system works very well for FortNite and no one can deny how successful that game has become, so I believe that a similar system would be good for both MWO and MW5, since it would give MWO diehard players a motivation to buy MW5 as well.

#2 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:43 AM

that is not what made fortnight successful so that point is mute. Ultimately outside of some promotions that mean you don't have to buy the same mech twice (assuming they add paid dlc mechs to mw5) I wouldn't want something like this that makes me need to buy a separate game in order to get the most out of another. and I say this as someone who has already pre-ordered mw5

#3 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 11 January 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

that is not what made fortnight successful so that point is mute. Ultimately outside of some promotions that mean you don't have to buy the same mech twice (assuming they add paid dlc mechs to mw5) I wouldn't want something like this that makes me need to buy a separate game in order to get the most out of another. and I say this as someone who has already pre-ordered mw5

I did not say in my post that this particular reward system is solely what made FortNite successful, I just said that FortNite has a similar reward system and that no one can deny how successful FortNite is. That being said, I am unsure why you, as someone who has already purchased MW5, would be against getting additional rewards for MWO just by playing the game that you have already bought. Furthermore, a reward system like I described would be a good incentive to get primarily PVP players to buy and play the solo / co-op MW5. Finally wouldn't more people buying MW5 and continuing to play MWO be good for PGI and the MW franchise as a whole?

#4 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

I know but it was an irrelevant statement uses to connect the success of fortnight to your idea. A fallacy almost as underhanded as your idea. Just because this would benefit me doesn't mean I would agree with it. That is the kind of me, me, me mentality that is brining society as a whole down.

it is a bad idea because it is simply anti consumer. Like you said it would be a way to encourage pvp players to playthrough a pve game they would otherwise have no interest in. All this does is force people to play a game that they don't want to play. It would be a shame for pgi to go from one of the most generous and pro consumer preorders I have seen to something EA would try and pull.

#5 Svarti713

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 11 January 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

I know but it was an irrelevant statement uses to connect the success of fortnight to your idea. A fallacy almost as underhanded as your idea. Just because this would benefit me doesn't mean I would agree with it. That is the kind of me, me, me mentality that is brining society as a whole down.

it is a bad idea because it is simply anti consumer. Like you said it would be a way to encourage pvp players to playthrough a pve game they would otherwise have no interest in. All this does is force people to play a game that they don't want to play. It would be a shame for pgi to go from one of the most generous and pro consumer preorders I have seen to something EA would try and pull.

Agreed...

#6 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 11 January 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Nothing forces a player to play a game, or to buy it for that matter. Again, a reward system like this would benefit people who have already bought the game, so I do not understand why you are opposed to it. Also, pvp-only players would have a reason to buy MW5 and play it as another way to get free stuff for MWO (again, they are not forced to buy or play MW5). Finally, I do not see how this reward system is in anyway "underhanded" since it does not require that a player be mislead to work.

#7 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:39 AM

Im seeing the Bonus goodies for MWO as Thanks from PGI for all the Founders and Peole thats spend $ to bring MW5 of the Way and hold MWO to a more or less living Status

#8 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:51 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 12 January 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

Im seeing the Bonus goodies for MWO as Thanks from PGI for all the Founders and Peole thats spend $ to bring MW5 of the Way and hold MWO to a more or less living Status

we are not talking about those but new rewards for playing mwo.

fine if you don't like "forced to play" then we will call it punished for not playing it. again you should not be playing a game because you need to in order to unlock something in another game but because you enjoy it. that's what makes it underhanded. "hey I know we made a game that you don't enjoy but pay us for it and play it anyway if you want x in the game you do enjoy". that is not a healthy gameplay or business model.

again things like if you buy x mech for one game you get it in the other is good. this still rewards you for having both games but in no way punishes you for not.

Edited by Cichol Balor, 12 January 2019 - 03:56 AM.

#9 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 12 January 2019 - 03:51 AM, said:

we are not talking about those but new rewards for playing mwo.

fine if you don't like "forced to play" then we will call it punished for not playing it. again you should not be playing a game because you need to in order to unlock something in another game but because you enjoy it. that's what makes it underhanded. "hey I know we made a game that you don't enjoy but pay us for it and play it anyway if you want x in the game you do enjoy". that is not a healthy gameplay or business model.

again things like if you buy x mech for one game you get it in the other is good. this still rewards you for having both games but in no way punishes you for not.

Businesses have cross-promotions all the time (at least here in the US), where, for example, if you buy two of product X you get one of product y at no charge. Yes what I described in the OP is an incentive for buying an playing MW5, but there is nothing, wrong, or "evil" about it and, as I have said before, buying MW5 does not prevent you from playing MWO as you always have. To me it seems that you buy into the idea that if someone has something that someone else does not, then that is a grievous wrong and that situation should never exist. Really though, anyone has the option of buying MW5, if they don't want to, or can not afford to (like myself at the moment), then they won't get the promotional / bonus / reward items and that is no one else's fault that they can or will not buy MW5 and get the associated rewards for doing so.

Edited by Ed Steele, 12 January 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#10 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

again buying something for one game also getting you something in the other is fine. saying you have to buy and play x game you don't want in order to get something in the game you do want is anti-consumer and nothing more than a way to bloat your sales numbers. there is a reason activation was called out when you had to buy infinite to get the MW remake. Its just you admitting your game isn't good enough to stand on its own and needs another game to make it worth a sale.

#11 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 15 January 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

again buying something for one game also getting you something in the other is fine. saying you have to buy and play x game you don't want in order to get something in the game you do want is anti-consumer and nothing more than a way to bloat your sales numbers. there is a reason activation was called out when you had to buy infinite to get the MW remake. Its just you admitting your game isn't good enough to stand on its own and needs another game to make it worth a sale.

I am saying that I personally would not mind getting additional rewards for playing games that I would already play regardless. And yes, this type of reward system would make MWO players, who were not previously interested in buying MW5, more interested. Finally, I get that you vote "NO" on this idea, but I have a problem with your idea that anyone would be "forced" into playing a game they don't want to. Yes, if someone wanted this extra reward, they would have to buy and play MW5, but MC is not necessary to play MWO, so a person would not need to buy or play MW5 in order to continue playing MWO as they always have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users