What Book Has The Weapon Tables

4 replies to this topic

#1 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Friends and I are getting back into battle tech after a few years and we are trying to find the book that has the weapon tables for IS and clan that included the clusters sizes. have had no luck so far and we are getting desperate

#2 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:08 PM

Total War will have all the tournament level rules you need, including the Clan / IS Cluster weapon and cluster tables.

Also be sure to note that Catalyst is releasing a new "Beginners" and core "A game of Armored Combat" box set with new miniature sculpts on a number of classic designs if your looking to jump back in from the beginning. It should be due out sometime later this month distributors willing.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 10 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Friends and I are getting back into battle tech after a few years and we are trying to find the book that has the weapon tables for IS and clan that included the clusters sizes. have had no luck so far and we are getting desperate

Battletech battlemech manual has almost every mech related rule weapon table etc. you need.
Its also the most updated as it came out in 2018.
39.99 normally. I found mine for 9.99

It doesn't dig into anything beyond the Mechs, though.
It also doesn't dig into any real fluff its just a straight up manual&rulebook.

Inclduing advanced rules as they pertain to mech vs mech combat.

#4 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

Well because the rules die only change marginaly from former rulebooks, you only need rules for newer weapon systems.
This can be done by browsing sarna.net or other by pages and a table program.

I don't know if the new starterboxes will have newer tech other than the 3025 intro tech.
If course the total war and tactical and strategic and interstellar ops are great rule books with stunning short stories (Eisenjaeger hands down)

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 10 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Battletech BattleMech Manual (not to be confused with Battletech Manual) has 7 pages dedicated just to this.
Posted Image

For obvious reasons I can't post all seven pages but if its just a quick reference feel free to ask. Use google shopping for "Battletech Battlemech Manual" and I'm sure you'll find a deal similar to what I did. I sought after it because it has the biggest list of design quirks per mech for every mech. Though to my disappointment its "in general" and not "variant specific."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users