27 replies to this topic

#21 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:42 AM

Cyclops "handling like a typical big fat assault mech"? It has the acceleration, turn rate and twist speed of a 60-tonner. Sure, if you run a 2xHGauss Sleipnir then you're kind of limited in your engine rating, but a 10Q can get to a 67.5 KPH top speed without sacrificing firepower.

#22 Clarkpool228

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexting from work at ComStar.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

If your like me, i would suggest the Loust 1E 6 small pulse on an XL engine really nice, really fast, really powerful

#23 TheWarhammer

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

View PostClarkpool228, on 19 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

If your like me, i would suggest the Loust 1E 6 small pulse on an XL engine really nice, really fast, really powerful

You're the one person that has suggested something other than just heavier, tankier builds for what I have now. Interesting. Would be a completely new way to play.

#24 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostTheWarhammer, on 20 January 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

You're the one person that has suggested something other than just heavier, tankier builds for what I have now. Interesting. Would be a completely new way to play.

Actually he is not. His is just the lightest. If you go and look at my Shadowcat and MadDog, you'll actually see they are neither tanky nor slow, nor do they play like armored brawlers do.
Plus I covered the heavyweight brawlers you're used to. Not only that, but there is also a supertanky high dps fastest fafnir build as well, one that makes you both someone who can push and someone who can follow relatively well.

Edited by Acersecomic, 22 January 2019 - 03:17 AM.

#25 TheWarhammer

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

@Acersecomic, I tried that Fafnir build. That's one beefy mech. Seems to have decent speed. Seems to out out some decent damage. Will try it for a bit.

I'm also trying a Nova with 12x ERML. That's pretty deadly too, but mind the heat.

Crab is working out well too.

Will try the Roughneck next.

Tried the Locust PB. Now THAT's a shift in playstyle! ECM and Stealth. I almost feel...dirty. Target for team, then isolate lone mechs, Get in behind them. Hug their legs and just go to town. Almost seems unfair. Almost... ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions!

#26 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:27 AM

I'll toss my two cents in on the Roughneck, but I went in a very different direction with the 1C I have.

Uprated it to a LFE300 and stuck on a RAC5, 4 SRM2s and 2 LMGs. With full speed tweak, you're rolling at 80.4kph.

The rapid cooldown on the SRM2s syncs up with the RAC5 really well IMO. Pack on the armour skills, and go hunting for mediums and squishy heavies.

#27 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 26 January 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'll toss my two cents in on the Roughneck, but I went in a very different direction with the 1C I have.

Uprated it to a LFE300 and stuck on a RAC5, 4 SRM2s and 2 LMGs. With full speed tweak, you're rolling at 80.4kph.

The rapid cooldown on the SRM2s syncs up with the RAC5 really well IMO. Pack on the armour skills, and go hunting for mediums and squishy heavies.

What about Streaks instead, to counter and scare lights? They run from you so hard they count like a dead mech hahaha
Mechbay import code
AI882:61|Wgpb0|S@qb0|i^|8@|8@|f?rX0|8@|0@|]OsX0|8@|0@|APt]0|AP|]Ou]0|AP|KOv90|AOw606060
RAC5 (3t ammo), x4 Stream SRM2 (2t ammo), x2 MG (1t ammo).

Edited by Acersecomic, 26 January 2019 - 01:54 PM.

#28 DuddBudda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:04 AM

For something quite different from the stuff you have now, but still a tanky brawler, I can't recommend the Cataphract 0XP enough, it's tons of fun for leading the charge.

UAC20 and 4MPL kick out great damage in a brawl, it's got better armor than a lot of assaults and runs 75kph with full speed tweak. Oh yeah, it's got ECM too Posted Image

A great mech, easily able to sustain against hotter, flimsier clan builds, pretty strong going toe-to-toe with assaults not running dual heavy gauss and turns and twists well enough to fend off piranhas.

https://steamuserima...AEA9A11BC8229E/

Edited by DuddBudda, 26 April 2019 - 09:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users