26 replies to this topic

#1 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:18 AM

Can we use this thread for PTS feeback? Feel free to lock/move/create a new one. Just wanted to start a place for documenting items.

#2 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:21 AM

Quirk/Skill Display:
ECM Target Range Reduction and Stealth Armor Cooldown should probably be displayed under Sensors (instead of Auxiliary) to match the Skill area they come from:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:25 AM

Something went horribly wrong...
Posted Image

#4 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:26 AM

I get a notice like this for each time I visit a different mech's Skills, and the mech ends up missing all those nodes. It appears to save those changes right away and I would have to re-add skills. I think the overview video mentioned that the skills would be "orphaned", but they would stay there until you changed them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PrometheusTNO, 11 May 2022 - 09:28 AM.

#5 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:44 AM

View PostDivkrd, on 11 May 2022 - 09:25 AM, said:

apparently game pulls your system language, cyrillic alphabet is not supported, so in order to fix boxytext i had to switch system language to english

Edited by Divkrd, 11 May 2022 - 09:57 AM.

#6 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:40 AM

I tried to download the MWO Public Test 3 times and each time the 22 GB file was corrupted. I was able to open it with 7zip and confirm all the files could be extracted.

So, to resolve:
0. Start the MWO Public Test install and cancel it. You want to choose the installation folder.
1. Copy these MWO files and folders into the MWO Public Test folder.
Posted Image
2. Open the Portal and select MWO PUBLIC TEST
3. Open the top left menu and select Run MWO Repair Tool
Posted Image
4. Ensure the repair tool is running in the correct folder:
Posted Image
This will prevent the large download and you will be able to play quickly

Edited by Surn, 11 May 2022 - 11:20 AM.

#7 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:48 AM

So the auto-fill system for clicking the last node in a row appears to be bugged. The below link is an example of the Speed Tweak nodes. I haven't tested any other areas for this bug, yet, but it seems warranted.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 11 May 2022 - 10:50 AM.

#8 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:32 PM

Sensor Range/ECM/Radar

This is forcing spend to get to Radar Derp. Other skill trees have been broken down so why have these still grouped? Break down please.

#9 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 01:25 PM

can anyone get into hot and heavy?
----------------------------------------------------

View PostMochyn Pupur, on 11 May 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

Sensor Range/ECM/Radar

This is forcing spend to get to Radar Derp. Other skill trees have been broken down so why have these still grouped? Break down please.

Radar Derp is very powerful and should be more costly to get. any powerful nodes like speed tweek and radar derp is placed at the end of skill trees to purposely increase the price of them

Edited by minnowzzz, 11 May 2022 - 01:25 PM.

#10 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:14 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 11 May 2022 - 10:48 AM, said:

So the auto-fill system for clicking the last node in a row appears to be bugged. The below link is an example of the Speed Tweak nodes. I haven't tested any other areas for this bug, yet, but it seems warranted.

I tested and nothing is broken in my client.

View PostMochyn Pupur, on 11 May 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

Sensor Range/ECM/Radar

Absolutely not. Derp is OP enough as it is. Unless you're open to having LRMs buffed, which they already should be considering the much lower investment required for Derp in the new tree.

#11 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:19 PM

Regarding the "@UI_Orphannodes" Window, could I suggest it displayed a more descriptive message in the public server version? Something clarifying that some nodes will be automatically deactivated, specially considering the Dev Vlog stated those would remain as is until we manually changed them.
It is mostly a QoL change but most of the players are not in the PTS and specially some newer guys could be confused I think.

#12 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:39 PM

What I'm afraid of happening when this goes live... is especially if the nodes you've unlocked aren't in "sequence" as the new structure seems to want, and thus your mechs become unmastered with unusable unlocked nodes not connected to the rest... requiring more SP spending to fix?

PGI will need to make a plan with this, or be willing to provide players with compensation GSP packages.

#13 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2022 - 03:06 PM

View PostDivkrd, on 11 May 2022 - 09:25 AM, said:

In the PTS server,if your game is displaying "@ui_labels" everywhere and your system language is not english (not sure for russian),
you can create a user.cfg file in your MWO PTS install directory (there's a file game_version.dll there)

Put one of the following lines inside it :
g_language = english
or
g_language = russian

I'm not sure if the russian option works (but the translations files are present in the game).
This workaround works for me (my system language is french).

Edited by MrVaad, 11 May 2022 - 03:13 PM.

#14 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 05:12 PM

Can we get adjusted structure values to show up on the mech loadout screen? The armour values already show adjusted values in blue to reflect quirks and skills, but structure (still) doesn't (this may not be the point of this PTS but it's still quirks/skills related)

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 11 May 2022 - 05:16 PM.

#15 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 05:56 PM

Instead of listing out every single ammo type and adjusted value per ton like this:
AC2 AMMO CAPACITY +16
AC5 AMMO CAPACITY +6
AC10 AMMO CAPACITY +4
AC20 AMMO CAPACITY +2
LB2-X AMMO CAPACITY +16
LB5-X AMMO CAPACITY +6
LB10-X AMMO CAPACITY +4
LB20-X AMMO CAPACITY +2
MG AMMO CAPACITY +400
LIGHT MG AMMO CAPACITY +500
HEAVY MG AMMO CAPACITY +200
GAUSS AMMO CAPACITY +2
HEAVY GAUSS AMMO CAPACITY +2
LIGHT GAUSS AMMO CAPACITY +4
UAC2 AMMO CAPACITY +16
UAC5 AMMO CAPACITY +6
UAC10 AMMO CAPACITY +8
UAC20 AMMO CAPACITY +6
ROTARY AC2 AMMO CAPACITY +60
ROTARY AC5 AMMO CAPACITY +30

Could we pare all this down to a single line? Something like this:
BALLISTIC AMMO CAPACITY +15%

Obviously the percentage value would be different depending on whether you took one or both ammo nodes, and missile ammo nodes would get the same treatment.

#16 Urrza

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRU, Chelyabinsk

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:34 PM

View PostMrVaad, on 11 May 2022 - 03:06 PM, said:

In the PTS server,if your game is displaying "@ui_labels" everywhere and your system language is not english (not sure for russian),
you can create a user.cfg file in your MWO PTS install directory (there's a file game_version.dll there)

Put one of the following lines inside it :
g_language = english
or
g_language = russian

I'm not sure if the russian option works (but the translations files are present in the game).
This workaround works for me (my system language is french).

It is works! Only with g_language = english

#17 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:04 PM

Sensor Range/ECM/Radar

While this is understandable, Sensor Range does not seem like the correct skill to unlock ecm and radar dep.

Seismic sensors seem more logically related to Sensor Range

Radar Dep and Enhanced ECM seem more logically related to Target Info Gathering.
Posted Image

Reasons:
Sensors of different types are grouped together.
Information warfare items are grouped together.

Action:
Swap the blue sensor items for the blue Targeting Info items

#18 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:13 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 11 May 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

Absolutely not. Derp is OP enough as it is. Unless you're open to having LRMs buffed, which they already should be considering the much lower investment required for Derp in the new tree.

For you it may not be something you like, but in the end, derp will be derp and and the same degree of protection can still be bought so there would be no need to change to lurms; kind of a null functional argument you have there and passes over the customisable direction the skill tree has shifted to. Perhaps you would like to mix weapon range and sensor range together, logically they would be conjoined . . . . ?

#19 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 May 2022 - 04:44 AM

View PostBig-G, on 11 May 2022 - 02:39 PM, said:

What I'm afraid of happening when this goes live... is especially if the nodes you've unlocked aren't in "sequence" as the new structure seems to want, and thus your mechs become unmastered with unusable unlocked nodes not connected to the rest... requiring more SP spending to fix?

PGI will need to make a plan with this, or be willing to provide players with compensation GSP packages.

So far, it appears to me as though any and all "orphaned" skills (both selected, and previously unlocked but currently unselected) are being forcibly refunded the moment you open your skill tree, but are otherwise available for you to reallocate and re-spend however you see fit. I know in a lot of cases I'm winding up with more skill points available to spend than are required to master the 'mech, and I don't typically leave leftover skill points pre-purchased on my 'mechs (not often enough for them ALL to have had extras, and double-checking my live account doesn't show any, either).

Only on the one 'mech where I unlocked EVERY skill point, just for the cheese of it, because I had that much XP, were the orphan nodes still displayed as such. It's prompted me to do the same on the three or four other 'mechs that have six figures worth of "leftover" XP, just so I have a few to compare to on patch day.

The only place this will force extra spending is in cases of Speed Tweak and Radar Dep/ECM, if you didn't already have all the prerequisite nodes unlocked (Kinetic Burst and Sensor Range, respectively).

#20 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:02 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 11 May 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

I tried it on a different 'mech, and nothing was broken on that one, either. I think the issue (that PGI needs to dig into and fix) is when a skill point converts to the new system as unlocked/unselected. In a lot of cases, any unlocked/unselected nodes that are orphaned behind a skill node that was NEVER purchased are being refunded. It's the ones that aren't being refunded, but are still unselected, and providing a path to a higher node that IS selected, that are glitching out.

I ran into a similar issue on a different 'mech, and the common factor seems to be the skill tree wanting to default back to where it started when a lower node made the switch unlocked/unselected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users