Using Mic In Mwo Crashes Game

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinthefox

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

Using my microphone, A Razer Kraken USB, will cause the mic to stick (name on bottom of screen) while also not transmitting voice through, After the game ends if i try to enter another the game will simply crash and not work until pc is rebooted completely.

This issue also causes other apps like discord, teamspeak, ect to also lock up and not transmit voice until pc is restarted. Pc is an i5 4570 cpu, 16G of 2133 ram, a Nvidia geforce gtx 970.

Ive encounter no other issues but mic causing the game to be unstable and crash when trying to enter a new game after this occurs. Used to not happen before solaris patches came around.

#2 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

You can try :
- selecting windows audio session in MWO options
- disable razer synapse/surround.
- check if synapse is up to date (as the big windows 10 upgrades have broken synapse a few times in some games)

Edited by MrVaad, 15 January 2019 - 03:09 AM.

#3 Kevinthefox

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostMrVaad, on 15 January 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

You can try :
- check if synapse is up to date (as the big windows 10 upgrades have broken synapse a few times in some games)

Hey thanks for the reply!
-I use windows 7 with no future plans to ever upgrade to 10,
-Razer synapse is not installed at all as it seemed to crash regardless either way and wouldn't even recognize its own branded headset.
-It seems like reseting it back to "windows audio session" in game seems to be working for now, i'll post again on this thread if it continues to be an issue. Thanks bro.

#4 Kevinthefox

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostMrVaad, on 15 January 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

You can try :

Tried the above fixes and it worked for a few days worth of matches before seizing up the game and my pc again. Doesn't seem like that was the root issue?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users