Nascar Is Good

88 replies to this topic

#61 Potatomasher69

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Direwolf pilot here. Please don't attempt to flank me on the left. Instead, if you don't mind, run straight at me.

#62 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostPotatomasher69, on 21 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Direwolf pilot here. Please don't attempt to flank me on the left. Instead, if you don't mind, run straight at me.

Username checks out.

#63 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

View PostLykaon, on 21 January 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Blah blah blah ...

First of all it is considered polite to quote the post if you are talking with someone on the forum.

But, I'm not gonna bother continuing this discussion. I'm breaking up your wall of text and argue specific points one by one. All you do is produce another irrelevant wall of text that repeats the previous one and basically has the same old argument 'You are wrong. I am right.' At least manage to counter a couple arguments next time if you want to be taken seriously.

GL with your sub-mediocrity mr. yet-another-sub-50%-W/L-tactics-expert.

#64 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

Nascar is the worst tactic that fails at least 9/10 matches if not 19/20 most days. Only noobs and lights propogate this bs. When I run a light my team wins more often because 1) lights > assaults in face tanking battles because pgi. I don't nascar. Pt 2) noobs are duped into listening to this bs, Pt 3) b/c decent players can leech kills off the loss of the assaults with fast mechs.

Edited by Mechsniper, 08 February 2019 - 10:56 AM.

#65 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:23 AM

When you lose in a nascar its because the enemy is nascarring better.

Nascar has a 100% success rate.

#66 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

I would add to this argument. If NASCAR is a good strategy why didn't we see it being used even 1 time in the World Championships?

#67 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 February 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

That's not even remotely true.

#68 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

if your heat bar isn't redlining for most of the game, you're not shooting enough.

if you're spending more time moving than shooting, you're not shooting enough.

if you're not shooting, you lose.

#69 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

First of all it is considered polite to quote the post if you are talking with someone on the forum.

But, I'm not gonna bother continuing this discussion. I'm breaking up your wall of text and argue specific points one by one. All you do is produce another irrelevant wall of text that repeats the previous one and basically has the same old argument 'You are wrong. I am right.' At least manage to counter a couple arguments next time if you want to be taken seriously.

GL with your sub-mediocrity mr. yet-another-sub-50%-W/L-tactics-expert.

I don't need to counter your arguments. I just need to adiquately support my point of view.

NASCAR is a weak tactic because...

And I have more than adiquately supported my point while your point is the "nope you're wrong I'm right" argument.

You don't need to prove YOU are right. You need to prove my counter argument is flawed and you can not seem to do that.

Can you effectively counter my point that in a solo queue match the most potent factor in determining a teams ability to succeed in using a NASCAR tactic is team composition and that team composition is not a player choice but the match maker's choice.

#70 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 08 February 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

That's not even remotely true.

Lol yes it is. Nascar fails when you get rotated on instead of doing the rotation.

I think what you're thinking of is deathballing. If the opposing team forms a line and receives your team it isn't a nascar just because everyone is holding W.

View PostEatit, on 08 February 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

I would add to this argument. If NASCAR is a good strategy why didn't we see it being used even 1 time in the World Championships?

https://www.twitch.t...onChocolateRain

Well you asked bro.

#71 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 February 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Lol yes it is. Nascar fails when you get rotated on instead of doing the rotation.

I think what you're thinking of is deathballing. If the opposing team forms a line and receives your team it isn't a nascar just because everyone is holding W.

No, it is not even remotely true.

#72 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

View PostBenjamin357, on 16 January 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Nascar is right.

True words my friend, true words.

#73 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 08 February 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

No, it is not even remotely true.

If both teams have to rotate in order to form a nascar, and one team always wins, then it has 100% rate.

#74 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

Here is a NASCAR of 7 assaults and 1 light. It quickly murders 4 assaults....and is stopped by 2 mediums a Dragon and a catapult that....well let's take a look.

Skip to 2 and a half minutes in. (Hate using a tablet)

Edited by Koniving, 08 February 2019 - 08:58 PM.

#75 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Here is another video from 2013 that doesn't represent the current state of the game or demonstrate what is being talked about.

I don't watch your videos anymore. You only post them here to increase view count. I'm not helping you make money..

Edited by Prototelis, 08 February 2019 - 09:19 PM.

#76 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 08 February 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

If both teams have to rotate in order to form a nascar, and one team always wins, then it has 100% rate.

Both teams do not have to rotate in order to form nascar. One team nascar's, the other team just waits for moron nascar alpha lancers to no skill rush and crushes them. Nascar doesn't win. It's short lived. So no, that's not even remotely true.

#77 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 08 February 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Both teams do not have to rotate in order to form nascar. One team nascar's, the other team just waits for moron nascar alpha lancers to no skill rush and crushes them. Nascar doesn't win. It's short lived. So no, that's not even remotely true.

It isn't a nascar just because everyone on one team is pushing.

#78 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

Nascar's rare success is almost unilaterally the result of good assault pilots fighting hard and wrecking a few mechs prior to the lead mechs sponging the kills off better pilots. Its universally high loss rate, is because of assaults being unable physically to keep up with lights. If PGI quit nerfing every game mechanic and weapon that can kill lights effectively, assaults would wipe them out quickly as in BattleTech or MechWarrior of old, as it should be. Only in the currently F'd lala land can light mechs facetank vs assaults effectively and win 3/4 times.

#79 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

I'm learning NASCAR in and of itself... Is not bad. Knowing when to stop NASCAR'ing is the skill a lot of folks have yet mastered...

Long and short, when the opposing team effectively NASCARs faster than you, it's time to stop NASCAR'ing and turn and support/fight with the tail-end-charlies. NOT continue NASCARing, sacrificing your tail-end-charlies, giving up both damage absorbing tonnage and aggregate firepower...

Sadly... lemmings continue to be lemmings. Posted Image

#80 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 08 February 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

lights > assaults in face tanking battles because pgi.
What?....

The only explanation for this is all the potatoes picking assaults because they can hold more skill missiles, but you can't blame the mech for pathetic loadouts.

Assaults have the highest damage potential, which is why teams put their best pilots in them. Lights<Mediums<Heavies<Assaults. Especially after the great light nerf (resize/mobility nerf).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users