My Thoughts On The Changes

No replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

First off, the feel is just amazing. It hits quickly, and blends so much better with direct-fire. It's especially endearing for the IS LRM launchers.

C-LRMs should ACTIVELY change angle while firing within the middle of the volley, not just the start of it. This should account for people walking in front of you, or when suddenly moving back into cover.

LRMs (and other lock-on weapons) should have lower Lock-On time when acquiring lock while having LOS, this makes them blend better with other Direct-Fire weapons. Problem is that, when using LRMs as IDF i found them to be completely compromising when I'm to get my own locks and to trade like normal DF. It's imperative that they have lower lock-on time when DFing cause it's just compromising to use and wouldn't blend well with other weapons, when it's supposed to be competitive with other DFs now. Either standard LOS lock-time bonus should be applied, or just plain TAG buff.

LRMs can stand a lower angle equal to that of ATMs, and faster projectile speed -- this is to compete and blend with DF weapons better. In contrast, there could be higher angle while doing IDF to further make IDF land later than DF.

Now that i could see the LRMs fly in my sight, they feel a lot bland, it would be nice if they could dance in their trajectory like before, and just integrate this as the spread of the missiles than what we have right now.

Lock-Cone needs some adjustment like up to 35-degrees, and there should be better checking for obstructions in the cone. For example, there should be checks of obstruction within 35-degree of the view of your target. This is on top of cleaning other glitches.

LRM nerf on spread isn't really needed, if anything it needs Spread buff when one have LOS. Spread is relatively irrelevant with IDF because the idea is that you use the sheer number of missiles and you have enough window to land a lot of them overtime. But going DF means it has to compete with the small amount of exposure times to focus damage into one spot like other DF weapons.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 23 January 2019 - 06:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users