Lrm Feedback

No replies to this topic

#1 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Mech i used for testing was a Madcat MkII, 2er medium, 2 er large, 2 LRM15s, 2 ATM9s. This is a mech i use on live and enjoy because of the versatility and i thought it would make a great test vehicle on PTS.

Right off the bat i don't like the changes and its' for a specific reason. That reason being because i use both ATMs and LRMs on this particular mech i already had a choice of high flying LRMs for targets far away or out of line of sight and then ATMs for direct fire/direct line of sight engagements. This is one reason I enjoy this mech so much as i have different weapons for different situations. I could support with LRMs and fire over small buildings as well as friendly mechs while moving to a position i could fire with lasers and bring my ATMs to bear. But now i don't have that option anymore because everything would be direct fire with line of sight.

Firing over friendlies
This becomes really important when in a big group of mechs pushing forward and someone is in your way for direct fire but you can still contribute with your LRMs..

I wouldn't mind if lock on times varied between direct line of sight vs indirect, OR if we had a button to change whether to use low arc vs high arc. Or even have a targetting computer able to determine when to use low arcs while in tunnels or under obstacles vs out in the open. But not having the higher arc I don't think helps LRMs at all.

LRMs weren't the most damage efficient weapons already and the spread changes just make them worse. I don't think they are needed even if PGI decides to go with the arc and speed changes.

Edited by Sable, 17 January 2019 - 12:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users