- - - - -

Question About Redeeming Codes

8 replies to this topic

#1 ruiner

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Hello All!! I have a perhaps unique situation and I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on it.
So, I wanted to get into this game but I never got around to diving into it like I wanted (or at all really). Back in 2015 I purchased one of the mech packs for MWO (MarauderIIc), I recall redeeming it but I never still actually played any.
I was happy supporting the cause even if I was silly for paying for something I wasn't even using.

Well, with MW5 Mercs on the way it's getting my feels all in a tingle and it's made me want to finally take my mech out of the wrapper and stomp around a little bit. I do not see any mechs listed on my account though. I tried to redeem the code and I'm told it has already been redeemed, which i think is true because I recall redeeming it right after receiving it.
Do I just need to get in the game and play to see it? Like perhaps because I haven't even logged into it except maybe once is why I don't see the content I bought?
Does anyone have any idea? That would suck if I lost the content I paid for just because I didn't use it yet.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

View Postruiner, on 17 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hello All!! I have a perhaps unique situation and I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on it.
So, I wanted to get into this game but I never got around to diving into it like I wanted (or at all really). Back in 2015 I purchased one of the mech packs for MWO (MarauderIIc), I recall redeeming it but I never still actually played any.
I was happy supporting the cause even if I was silly for paying for something I wasn't even using.

Well, with MW5 Mercs on the way it's getting my feels all in a tingle and it's made me want to finally take my mech out of the wrapper and stomp around a little bit. I do not see any mechs listed on my account though. I tried to redeem the code and I'm told it has already been redeemed, which i think is true because I recall redeeming it right after receiving it.
Do I just need to get in the game and play to see it? Like perhaps because I haven't even logged into it except maybe once is why I don't see the content I bought?
Does anyone have any idea? That would suck if I lost the content I paid for just because I didn't use it yet.

Yeah, I can answer this really quick.

The "Mech" in question that comes with Mw5: Mercs' preorder, will have its code generated on the Mw5 website in February, and it's likely to appear 3 months after in game (as is standard with any mech orders like that).

If you bought a Marauder IIC and redeemed it in 2015, are you using the original account you redeemed it on or a new one?

(Note the two mechs are not the same despite the similar name.)

Do you know when you redeemed the original code for the Marauder IIC (from 2015?), and for that matter, if it is in fact on this account?

Oh -- one more thing to try.

Mech select.
Filter.
"OWNED"
and "ALL"
and make sure hero/champion/etc. is NOT selected so it shows, literally, everything you have.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

View Postruiner, on 17 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

If you haven't logged on since you redeemed the package, then it hasn't been delivered yet to your account. Log on and see if you get a redeem page with the indicated items shown.

If, you do not see the redeem page in the game when you log in, then a few things may have gone wrong:
1. You may have accidentally redeemed to a different account. If you have any alt accounts, check them...
2. You may have waited too long for the item's to be shipped (don't know if it's possible). Contact support via E-mail (addresses located in the "support" tab in the forum header). They can assist you.
3. You haven't redeemed it yet, and punched in the incorrect redeem code when trying to claim. If so, try again (presuming first step is not correct). If this is not the case, contact support.
4. If your account clears everything else and it still isn't there... Contact support. :D

Us fellow forum users are limited in what else we can help you with.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Note the Marauder IIC counts as a "clan" mech.

The upcoming Marauder II that'd you get from an MW5 preorder is an Inner Sphere mech.

#5 ruiner

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

Ok, First of all thanks to every one of you for being kind and helpful and not blasting me for asking such a question having done so little troubleshooting on it myself - yet.

You all also just made me realize that I now own two Marauders. - and some other goodies I'm excited to 'unwrap' :)

I was asking about the content I purchased and redeemed back in 2015, not the new pre-order bonus stuff.

I soon should have some time to sink into troubleshooting/playing some MechWarrior after which i will report back with the results of this poor mech who's been waiting in storage for four years.

What GPU's are you guys using to play with? I'm looking at a 2080 right now...

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

ATI RX something or another, 3 gigabyte onboard ram for it, and 16 gigs ram for the computer itself. My system's old, but the video card is a 'newer' kinda cheap model... which is probably even cheaper now.

Can always message support about the redeem code itself if you still have it which I assume you do if you already retried it.

#7 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

View Postruiner, on 18 January 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

What GPU's are you guys using to play with? I'm looking at a 2080 right now...

I run a Core i5 2500K at around 4Ghz and a Radeon RX 480 with all settings maxed at 1920x1080 resolution. Something like a Radeon RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060 should be perfectly fine for playing MWO without spending a huge amount of money. Don't know how they'd do with MW5, but I suspect they'd both be above the minimum requirements.

#8 ruiner

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

I see after messing around for a bit that I do have all this content on the redeemed history page for MWO, I'm re-installing it now, I'm currently running a GTX680 and i see the recommended specs are a 660 for MWO so I should be good... but for MW5 I'm thinking this is the best excuse ever for an upgrade. Time to start indoctrinating the next generation about MechWarrior :)

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

View Postruiner, on 09 February 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

I see after messing around for a bit that I do have all this content on the redeemed history page for MWO, I'm re-installing it now, I'm currently running a GTX680 and i see the recommended specs are a 660 for MWO so I should be good... but for MW5 I'm thinking this is the best excuse ever for an upgrade. Time to start indoctrinating the next generation about MechWarrior Posted Image

Truth be told, the Unreal Engine runs so well even on dated PCs, that you probably don't have to upgrade. But there's plenty of time between then and now.

For MW5 Mercs^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users