7 replies to this topic

#1 Tarrien

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSaylorsburg, PA

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

I submitted a support request 3 weeks ago and have not received a reply. How long is the turn around time these days to hear back. I can log into my account online but when I try to log into the game i get "An error occurred, please contact support, Error code 12". I have not been able to get into the game at all.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

It can vary.

Have you rebooted the computer? Run the Repair Tool/Integrity (steam)?

Rebooted the computer? The only other thread(s) was from this player who did not provide any actual details except the highlighted statement.

View PostSeedStriker, on 02 October 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Already fix the issue. Something with the startup process of the PC. Sorry for the inconvenience

#3 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

View PostTarrien Sim, on 17 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

I submitted a support request 3 weeks ago and have not received a reply. How long is the turn around time these days to hear back. I can log into my account online but when I try to log into the game i get "An error occurred, please contact support, Error code 12". I have not been able to get into the game at all.

My longest reply from suport took 3 days. and that in German! You get immediatly a confirmation mail after sending a ticket to suport. If not you did something wrong ( wrong typo in email adress?) Normally they reply after 2-3 days.
The best thing at pgi is their suport

and yea try the Reapir tool.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 18 January 2019 - 02:18 AM.

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:59 AM

Did you get a confirmation that your email was received? If not maybe you can follow-up.

#5 Tarrien

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

I have rebooted the system and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. The other thread on this question mentions the repair tool but that is in the bin32 folder, i have a bin64 folder and there is no repair tool in that folder, just the game client. i'm using the stand alone game, not the steam version.

I did receive the submission verification along with the support ticket number, that was on 12/23, I received a followup email asking to send in various things like the dxdiag report and my system specs and a few other items. I sent that info to support as well. i have not had any reply from support since then.

#6 Tarrien

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Ok, so I found the repair tool in the Portal, ran it, found no errors. I tried creating a new account to see if it was an account problem. The new account does the same thing, Error code 12.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

Have you run a THOROUGH antivirus scan? And utilized free Malwarebytes for additional scanning assist?

If MWO is displaying the error code and said code is actually being grabbed from Windows. And since the only MWO post I had been able to locate the user only mentioned something on the startup but he was not specific about it, you could try a clean boot in an attempt to see if it is something that is loaded and running in the background.

Press the "Windows + R" key to open a Run box.

Type msconfig and click OK.

On the General tab, click Selective startup.

Clear the Load startup items check box.

Click the Services tab.

Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).

Click Disable all.

Click the Startup tab.

Click Open Task Manager.

On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.

Click OK.

Click Restart.

After completing your troubleshooting, restore your system by doing the following:

Press the "Windows + R" key to open a Run box.

Type msconfig and click OK.

On the General tab, select Normal startup.

Click the Services tab.

Clear the Hide all Microsoft services check box.

Click Enable all.

Click the Startup tab.

Click Open Task Manager and enable all of your startup programs.

Click OK.

Click Restart.

NOTE: Be sure you "Enable all" Microsoft services when you are done troubleshooting, and re-enable all programs in the Startup tab, or will you lose some OS functions (ex. internet connection) and some applications won't get loaded during startup.

Error code 12 is a typical Device Manager error code. It usually pops on the computer screen when the computer experiences device driver problems or system resource conflicts. ... 'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.

What are your system specs? Top portion of your dxdiag from the beginning to just pass the sound driver entries.

On the MWO shortcut, try changing compatibility.

#8 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostTarrien Sim, on 17 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

I submitted a support tickek before Thanksgiving, and have still received no attempt at a resolution. Only conclusion I can come up with is that PGI either lacks the ability or simply doesn't care, to try to resolve my issue. Now, go buy a mechpack or MW5 (where their resources have obviously been diverted to as the expense of MWO)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users