Narc/tag Should Negate Nerfs

10 replies to this topic

#1 Neela_the_Tarantula

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

So far, while not canon to the series, I think the direct fire mode is a nice touch as it creates new weapon combinations, new potential play styles and creates viability in maps where LRMs were not viable. However, I want to point out that this may ruin the viability of Narcs and tags as there is less of a need for narcs/tags if the only thing that they provide is a lock. I think that to show the value of the use of narc and tag, that while in indirect fire mode, the narc or tag would negate the nerfs for anyone focusing that narced/tagged target while maintaining the indirect fire flight pattern.

#2 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:32 AM

This in no way "nerfs" the viability of tag or narc. Do you know how the LRM mechanics work in combination with the dozen or so systems it interacts with? Because from your statement not sure you do. Tag and NARC do not just "provide locks". Tag decreases lock time and allows ECM mechs and ECM covered mechs to be targeted if painted. NARC does not just provide locks but provide locks without being targeted, allowing the subject to be attacked anywhere with range. Only protection from NARC is ECM or rocks. If anything the new changes would ENCOURAGE the use of tag for sure, as now you have a DF ability but still need to target the enemy.

#3 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostSiegegun, on 18 January 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

This in no way "nerfs" the viability of tag or narc. Do you know how the LRM mechanics work in combination with the dozen or so systems it interacts with? Because from your statement not sure you do. Tag and NARC do not just "provide locks". Tag decreases lock time and allows ECM mechs and ECM covered mechs to be targeted if painted. NARC does not just provide locks but provide locks without being targeted, allowing the subject to be attacked anywhere with range. Only protection from NARC is ECM or rocks. If anything the new changes would ENCOURAGE the use of tag for sure, as now you have a DF ability but still need to target the enemy.

I still think nerf indirect locks without tag or narc abit more than now.

IMO the performance gap between indirect locks with and without TAG/NARC needs it be wider.

This will make make narc/TAG abit more nessasary for Lerm users and indirect locks without TAG/Narc less of a free ride.

#4 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

If you are OUT OF LOS you should be penalized.
No amount of NARC/TAG should effect it.
If only we could remove the free C3 lock on, you could apply this properly.
Out of LOS is Indirect fire
END OF STORY.

#5 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

I disagree
Indirect is a playstyle, I don't want it nerfed to uselessness, just the freeloaders to get a nerf
Indirect should be powerful, just not in the same way as direct fire and that power should not be free and easy.

So let it be powerfull if there is TAG and NARC around
And pretty sure TAG and indirect fire is in the same sentence some where in the Lore.
And narc dont need a lock, as any unlocked missile will be drawn to the beacon in the Lore.
But that aint gonna happen in this game so indirect locks is the best we got for narc.

With narc I can win games, just not carry them, that's the direct fire guys job.
We both have different jobs and can both be powerfull in our own way.

I don't want indirect fire-fu to be nerfed outta existence

Besides half the posts are due to skill gap not the weapon

END OF STORY

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 February 2019 - 06:21 PM.

#6 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 February 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Besides half the posts are due to skill gap not the weapon
END OF STORY

Yes this is true.
I see your point but I don't want our elite overlords continuing to **** people with raven narc/3 stupor nova matches.
And say LRM is still a problem.
I DO WANT out of LOS nerfs. But again agreed it does have its place.
But it CAN NOT BE FAVORABLE over direct.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

i see tag and narc as being so weak that if anything they should produce major buffage when used in all situations. if not fun new mechanics like lock steering.

like if used with a streak boat, you could use it to increase the probability of hitting the desired section (that you lased) in the same way that pgi just weights the ct a little more. you can put that weight where you want it with tag.

or use it to steer any missile with a tracking system (exclusions for mrms and rockets) towards the laser spot. so like if you use tag in los mode you should be able to put those missiles into a specific section of the mech. id love to see lerm headshots from 600m out. they would even guide og srms, albeit very slowly.

when used indirectly tag should all but eliminate lock times, and it should also be more effective than narc since you need to put a scout in danger for longer periods of time.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 February 2019 - 04:50 PM.

#8 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

I'd rather they made TAG or NARC as substitute for LOS bonuses saved for that lower-arc. Making TAG and NARC necessary for effective IDF would mean leeway to buff LRMs, while also giving more worth on the niche of spotting.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 07 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'd rather they made TAG or NARC as substitute for LOS bonuses saved for that lower-arc. Making TAG and NARC necessary for effective IDF would mean leeway to buff LRMs, while also giving more worth on the niche of spotting.

like in living legends where you had to have c3 hubs, taggers, narcers, an angel ecm mech to hover around and then you could turn on your active sensors and loose your lerms with great vengence. it was neither op nor a noob weapon and it was hella fun. oh and there were also arrow cats.

the consequences of free 3c everywhere (target sharing) are nerfed lrms, nerfed narc, nerfed tag, nerfed los, nerfed idf, nerfed ecm, buffed ams, and boring electronic warfare.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 February 2019 - 05:04 PM.

#10 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 February 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

and boring electronic warfare.

This suggest there is actually EW.
Which there ain't.
No lock me jesus box don't count.

Edited by HammerMaster, 07 February 2019 - 05:27 PM.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 07 February 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

This suggest there is actually EW.
Which there ain't.

its there, its just so nerfed that it may very well not exist at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users