Mw5 Mercenaries Pre-Order Upgrades Now Available!

16 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

MW5 MERCENARIES PRE-ORDER UPGRADES AVAILABLE!
ALSO:
Marauder II Pre-order Codes are issued on your Profile page now!

You can now Upgrade your MW5 Preorder Level
  • From Standard to Collectors (30.00 USD)
  • From Standard to Ultimate (70.00 USD)
  • From Collectors to Ultimate (40.00 USD)
How do I upgrade?
  • Log into your Profile on MW5 Mercenaries and you will have buttons that allow you to Upgrade!
How do I get the Additional MW5 Content?
  • Your Redeem code will match your upgraded level when they are issued!
How do I get my Additional MWO Content if I have upgraded?
  • For currency, you will get additional codes in your MW5 profile page to redeem through your MWO Account
  • For The Digital Content, you will get additional codes in your MW5 profile page to redeem through your MWO Account
  • For the Marauder II
    • If you have already redeemed your Marauder II Preorder Code it will automatically update the Marauder II Preorder level on the account which redeemed the code
    • If you haven't redeemed the Code it will stay the same but will redeem as the correct upgraded level!

#2 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

Just needs a section about how to upgrade
From Ultimate to Ultimate-Ultimate!

:D

#3 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

So there's no such monster as linking the two accounts together?

#4 Satans Pooper

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

Can we get a sale on Faction/Unit decals to celebrate Mercenaries?

My Wolfhound feels naked without a Kell Hounds decal...

#5 Blizzard36

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

Is MC going to have any sort of use in MW5? I mean... I mostly backed this game and a couple of the early big packs mostly in hopes that it would eventually, and has, enable a new Mechwarrior game. I'm just not into PvP online games anymore, though I do love Co-op. (I figured I'd get a co-op mode here before a new Mechwarrior game.) And while I'm excited for MW5 now, and want some of the things in the pre-order pack, we don't really know what they are yet. We have no idea what those paint patterns will look like, nor what quality the Technical Manual will be, which are the only two items I'm really interest in from the current packs.

The pack is an amazing buy for MWO stuff along with it though, especially since I'll get the Founder multiplier, but does that do me any good? I mean, I already have almost 2.5 years of Premium time I've never touched, plus a mid sized balance of MC and GXP. (Maybe more. I don't see half the stuff listed in my pre-order history in my hanger profile. Maybe I forgot to even redeem the code.) Since I have no interest in MWO now with MW5 seeming to get the co-op mode, what could I use those extras on? Unless we're going to use MC to unlock things in MW5 I'm not seeing anything. But I don't know how related the game accounts are intended to be, or not. Maybe we will be able to use our MWO MC on something in MW5, and suddenly that pre-order pack looks really good.

Edited by Blizzard36, 20 January 2019 - 11:38 AM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostAkillius, on 18 January 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Just needs a section about how to upgrade
From Ultimate to Ultimate-Ultimate!

Posted Image

....You having done the joke basically left me without a comment.

<.<
I had the same joke.

View PostBlizzard36, on 20 January 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Is MC going to have any sort of use in MW5?

Not really... In general, the preorder stuff is also sort of there to encourage players to "also stay" in MWO.

So in that case, you could just get the game for 50 bucks, whether you preorder it now or later, and not really care about the rest. They didn't exactly slice up the game to sell back to you at a higher price like...well pretty close to every triple A developer out there.

(The way the codes are done, you can actually "give" the unwanted codes away for MWO.)
I know someone that preordered for himself and his wife (on separate computers/accounts so they could play together). He kept the MC code for himself, gave the Marauder code away to a friend, and now has two copies of the game so that he and his wife can play together (she isn't interested in playing against people).

Edited by Koniving, 20 January 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#7 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#8 Fallingfloor

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 January 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

They didn't exactly slice up the game to sell back to you at a higher price like...well pretty close to every triple A developer out there.

Well, we dont know that yet. It hasn't even been released into beta. As far as we know there could be DLC's planned instead of releasing a game with everything included.

I have a similar situation to Blizzard. I just want MW5 worthy of my money. i dont care about the MWO goodies. If i did slap down $120 it would be for $120 of MW5 content. I presume the extra 70 paid is for beta access and discord AMAs. Not any future MW5 content.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostFallingfloor, on 22 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Well, we dont know that yet. It hasn't even been released into beta. As far as we know there could be DLC's planned instead of releasing a game with everything included.

I have a similar situation to Blizzard. I just want MW5 worthy of my money. i dont care about the MWO goodies. If i did slap down $120 it would be for $120 of MW5 content. I presume the extra 70 paid is for beta access and discord AMAs. Not any future MW5 content.

By that I mean having dlc missions/etc "exclusive" to preorders. Valkyria chronicles 4 for example had a mini campaign as a preorder only for an extra 20 bucks... Which will eventually be sold this year as a dlc for those of us whom didn't shell it out.

Edited by Koniving, 22 January 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#10 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:12 AM

MWO perks to purchase MW5 ?
Put your hard saved dollars in digital copy game base, not content goodies that will be discounted on Steam.

#11 Movarl

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

Speaking of steam will the preorder with mwo stuff be available on steam before the mw5 beta starts?

#12 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:09 AM

has a cut off date for the pre-order been decided yet?

#13 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

View Postscgt1, on 24 January 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

has a cut off date for the pre-order been decided yet?

Nothing was announced by PGI yet.
But I predict the MW5M preorder ends on, or before, Feb 28th because the extended Marauder II Preorder ends then??
https://mwomercs.com...-order-is-here/

#14 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

Well P.G.I won't be getting my money.

Nope, it's not a I hate P.G.I reason I did actually try and make a payment, and then a duplicate payment.
So I've actually tried twice to spend $119.99.

The issue is that paranoid bunch of idiots Xsolla.

Apparently if you don't spend money on a regular basis with companies they represent, they require extra proof, which can only be sent if you have online banking.

Communication with my bank has told me that they have only taken out the holding $1 and they have not sent the request to my bank for the full pending amount, so the bank can't clear it.

Talks with Xsolla's live chat requires me to send them a picture of my card, with parts fuzzed out, if I don't do online banking, to um..

Verify i'm the legal card holder.

Even if I own a smart phone ( I don't ) and has software to fuzz out details ( I've never used that app on Win 10 )

Does everyone see how dumb this requirement is ?

Yes..No.. I hope yes, as it does nothing to actually verify my card isn't stolen .

Xsolla's last comment was that maybe the full payment details are delayed in going to my bank, or that I should connect my card to Pay Pal giving fraudsters yet another chance to steal my details.

Sorry no dice.

Also Sorry P.G.I I won't be playing your game, or buying any more new content, for this one while Xsolla are involved.

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

The purchase is immediate. Check the other thread you posted on and the FAQ

#16 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:31 AM

the question that I have atm, is how long do we have the option to do the acct upgrade for those of us on a budget?

#17 Buddy BlackJade

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

Is gifting a pre-order possible?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users