Is Anybody Even Having Fun Right Now?

84 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

I got so annoyed playing relatively much over the holidays, that I took a bit of a break and had not played MWO this year. Did not really miss it much. But today, I decided to have some fun playing again. I did 6 matches, which in the end turned out to be all I could stomach.

I had 6 lousy matches. I think I am 2 and 4, but I died in all of them. My teammates are all over the place. They split up and no amount of talking to will prevent them from running off into 3-4 different directions. They keep doing stuff where I keep thinking: "Why would you do that???".

My teams disintegrate in a speed I have never encountered before... I just had a match where 5 of our guys died with under 100 damage. How does a Heavy or Assault manage that? My Crab was under fire by 7 of them when they pushed in and I survived long enough to get out 3 full alpha's.

I have never seen coordination this bad, teamwork this lousy. A surprising amount of Trial Mechs in the field, I had 2 on my side earlier today. Assaults not moving from Spawn until the match is almost over. I spectate upon death and I see the weirdest builds. And that's only from the guys that lived longer than me, not those that died before me.

Admittedly, I did not play to my usual level, either. I think I managed 400ish damage once in a match, the rest I could only get out 200-300ish damage playing Medium/Heavies. If I had to guess my average MS, I would think somewhere in the 220ish range. And that's probably only due to me bringing AMS and UAV on most of my builds.

I am really not having fun right now. I am getting annoyed with almost every game. If this continues, I will probably ********** to do something less aggravating. Does anybody else have the same experience, or is it just me?

#2 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:16 AM

MWO is reaching it's end.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:30 AM

last time I dropped was on free Mech day in Dec

I just watch people play on twitch and jump on training grounds to do builds

not complaining that's just what I do
I am such a bad player I figured I was just hurting other peoples game play by being out there

it is what it is as they say

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:32 AM

Salt thread, watch your blood pressure.

#5 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

I quit the game in Beta. I returned with a new account little over half a year ago and honestly... aside from some VERY MINOR changes, the game, its players and the matchmaking times have not changed at all. The game has been living a half life since its public availability so there is no use prophecising its death or end, it has been unchanging since 2013.

Edited by Acersecomic, 19 January 2019 - 05:35 AM.

#6 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

I have good days and bad days. Myself and the folks I normally play with definitely feel the frustration when matches are not going our way, and teammates are getting obliterated forcing us to carry harder against larger, heavier, better coordinated teams. However, said folks I play with are pretty awesome to play with, so its still fun. Admittedly, I've mostly shifted to a weekend warrior and rarely play during the week.

Looking forward to Mech5 though.

Edited by Flyby215, 19 January 2019 - 07:19 AM.

#7 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

I am in MWO since 2014 and played not often last year. Since skilltree the game lost much for me.
But yesterday I had 6 FPs in a row without waiting times and it was so much fun again.
Only one stomp and the rest even until the last wave.

Good games become rare but sometimes you still can have a good time.
Try FP. It is still worth sometimes.

#8 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:22 AM

OP, I'm with you. I had what, 12 PT days available after the xmas gifts and just "couldn't stand the game anymore..." So, I'm re--re-re-re-retired till the next big event.

It's better on your heart pressure that way. And, I'm going to say it's over because MW5 is or is not the end of MWO: we'll see.

#9 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 19 January 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

The game has been living a half life since its public availability so there is no use prophecising its death or end, it has been unchanging since 2013.
MWO won't further die till the servers close. There was a massive change in the game though. Back in the day, group que was packed. If you wanted communication and teamwork, you could get it any time of day. CW failing, group que tonnage restrictions, and zero community chat options in game are what killed any chance this game had.

#10 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:32 AM

I'm having a blast! I got to dust off my founders mechs and made a killing..hehe.. best match was in my catapult (f) over 1k damage and 600+ match score.

Potatoes were farmed.

#11 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

When at the end of the match some person writes "gg" I'm thinking: was it really a great game, was it fun? The thing is that in 50% I can say: yes, it was!

So, the answer is: MWO is indeed fun.

When I don't force myself into playing more than I would like to play, when I don't try to make unfun builds/mechs work for me or grind through event challenges (like deal LRM10 damage >__<, kill Siege turrets in FP or play Solaris) I do genuinely enjoy playing MWO and that's the main reason for me to play.

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

I'm having loads of fun, I got a Switch yesterday.

#13 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

View PostBombast, on 19 January 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

I'm having loads of fun, I got a Switch yesterday.

They let you have those where you're from? Progress! Lol

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

View PostGrus, on 19 January 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

They let you have those where you're from? Progress! Lol

Where... where do you think I'm from?

Edited by Bombast, 19 January 2019 - 10:21 AM.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

View PostBombast, on 19 January 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Where... where do you think I'm from?

My guess? Germany or eastern Europe. It's the accent and I swore I heard you speaking very good German not to long ago.

#16 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 19 January 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

I am really not having fun right now. I am getting annoyed with almost every game. If this continues, I will probably ********** to do something less aggravating. Does anybody else have the same experience, or is it just me?

Most people are not very good at anything, including online games. Most people also do not tend to think at a high level-just sit and blunder onwards. I've noticed the trend in online games over past 10 or so years. People are slowly getting dumber and lazier.
Now, when you can get a good group to pay with-this game is magic.

#17 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostGrus, on 19 January 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

My guess? Germany or eastern Europe. It's the accent and I swore I heard you speaking very good German not to long ago.

I can assure you you've never heard me speak.

#18 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

Long story short, you're not the only one

I got so annoyed playing relatively much over the holidays

I know I have stopped playing, cancelling a pre-order here and there was rather liberating to be honest.
Nothing like a year long nothingness in development to put things into perspective really (and I guess for players numbers to slowly erode)

Admittedly, I did not play to my usual level, either. I think I managed 400ish damage once in a match, the rest I could only get out 200-300ish damage playing Medium/Heavies. If I had to guess my average MS, I would think somewhere in the 220ish range. And that's probably only due to me bringing AMS and UAV on most of my builds.

Well to be fair, one needs to be able to survive long enough to pump out damage in big numbers.
If you're team just falls together like a house of cards then its not really easy to do well.

I've looked for other games, that said I have not found something that can really grab my attention; hoping for Anthem a bit, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will probably do something for me.

And my god I'm waiting on MW5
Even if it does have its failings (hey a PGI game after all), I'm sure modders are going to come through, at least on the most blatant failings.

View PostTheArisen, on 19 January 2019 - 05:32 AM, said:

Salt thread, watch your blood pressure.

While I would have agreed on the past million posts since 2013, it feels very different for me this time.

It really has been a year without anything for MWO except fiddling with a few xml values here n there and of course more mech packs

And even now, its only some value changes to LRM, FP changes that are small in like March or April and then what?
Classic maps because PGI doesn't want to put in an effort into MWO.

Edited by Peter2k, 19 January 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#19 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

It's still fun. I have good matches and bad matches, like most everyone else I guess.

#20 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

I am having fun.

What is special about MWO community is how much they ***** and whine about.. well.. anything and everything. How the game is bad, how much other players suck (exept themselves who are excellent), how PGI make bad adjustments to the game, whathaveyou.
Still, after all this bitching, they are still here playing. So my conclusion is that this community is simply immature and players just like attention, or really really want to post something, but have no original idea of what to post.

So, if you REALLY think that this game is bad, just quit - quit now for real. You don’t need to announce it, or do any attention scenes, and don’t let the door hit your behind on the way out. If you are going to keep playing then STFU and play the damn game - no one takes your quitting threats seriously anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users