3 replies to this topic

#1 turbofirefox

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIDAHO

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Fellow mechwarriors,

I have an old TYCO Mauler in a box. I would love to sell it to someone that hopefully already has a collection of the old TYCO toys and just needs the v1 mauler. Any ideas of sites that I could post this to so that a fellow enthusiast could purchase it? Thank you in advance for any help!

turbofirefox

Posted Image

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

For obvious reasons, Ebay tends to be a good place to find (and thus, sell) them .

When Front Mission figures turn up for 30 to 40 I'm happy to shell it out, am fine with them being used so long as they're complete. Can never really afford more than that.
Shame I don't have the rest of my Thor, its missing both arms. :(

Make sure to include the words "Battletech" and "Mechwarrior" for the best results.

#3 turbofirefox

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIDAHO

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

Thanks @Koniving! I see one one ebay from New Jersey and the guy is asking $250... but, it's been listed since the end of December (and, I'm pretty sure it was listed before that back in either October or November), so I feel like he's at least $50 too high in his asking price.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

View Postturbofirefox, on 10 February 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Thanks @Koniving! I see one one ebay from New Jersey and the guy is asking $250... but, it's been listed since the end of December (and, I'm pretty sure it was listed before that back in either October or November), so I feel like he's at least $50 too high in his asking price.

Yeah, the higher the price you ask for the slower it'll sell.

Myself I'm roaming around collecting figures and I tend to look into its flexibility (as I'm collecting them for animation-aids) as well as what they come with. As I recall from my Thor, the old tyco figures were really basic. Extremely rare now, sure, and that definitely marks up the value quite a bit. A fully flexible "Scorpion" aka the Blizzard Gunner, brand new, I saw it for 100 something and chose to look around, then found it for 86 something as the first guy basically bought several and was reselling it... then you had the 86 dollar one also bought several and was reselling, as the product was 67 something which I found was still in a "preorder state", and the other guys probably preordered a bunch to resell because of how hard it is to find a high end Blizzard Gunner model kit that's fully flexible and functional, especially of the classic.

Now, looking at google currently..

I see a used Hunchback IIC Tyco toy for 19.99
I also see the same thing for 800 as "used", but it also blatantly says that it is a hardcopy... so its not even the original but a rebuild using resin.
Also see a Mauler (incomplete, missing a lot of the projectiles and the figure) for 25.

Now if yours is in the box, new, etc.. then yeah I could easily see 150 to 200.

One guy's charging 129 for a Bushwacker that's only been "displayed" and has a mint condition box.

Found a neat paintjob variant of the Infiltrator battle armor with Adam Steiner, never opened.

Posted Image
Strikes me as unique because I never saw this paintjob before and think it'd be cool to see something like it in MWO (a mix tiger stripe + solid color regions).

If it's in excellent condition, you should probably emphasize it. I tried once to keep figures to resell much later. Then my roof peeled off like a sardine can in 2003, so that 80 dollar investment in a collection that was new to sell in perfect packages flopped pretty hard.

(Wish a new BT line of figures came out, something that could compare to bandai model kits and kaiyodo figures.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users