Is There A Missile Lock Bug? (Atms)

Gameplay HUD Weapons

8 replies to this topic

#1 Alabastine

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

Hey people, I got mildly infuriated just now when I encountered what I think is a bug considering missile lock (I was using ATMs). I was wondering if anyone else has (recently) encountered this and hopefully someone is even aware of a solution.
I haven't played this game all that long yet and certainly not with ATMs. Therefore there might be some mechanic involved here which I just didn't know jet, but I doubt it.

The issue:
I was playing the MDD-RV on River City (don't think it's relevant but hey) when my missiles refused to lock. It was a hecting moment in the game so a lot was going on. I was targeting and attacking multiple opponents in rapid succession when suddenly my missile lock indicator just completely stopped appearing. I switched targets a few times but this didn't help. I was litterally aiming at some targeted opponents for around 10 seconds, with a light tag active and firing (and hitting, so yeah I was really aiming at them) with my lasers and unguided ATMs. The missile lock indicator just wouldn't appear, ruining my effectiveness. I then dissengaged completely, no longer having any targeted enemies. When I returned to the fight like 20 seconds later, my missile lock was working normally again. I encountered this phenomenon on one other instance like a week ago, it only bothered me for a couple of seconds then, but now it was way more annoying.

Has anyone else ever encoutered this? And more importantly is anyone aware of a solution? Or maybe could it be my PC or network or something? (both should be more than adequate).
Thanks anyway for any answers, I hope you can help as this is a pretty frustrating phenomenon.

Loadout used:
2x ATM 12
2x C-ERML
1x C-HML
1x C-light tag
and ammo and heatsinks ofc.

#2 Potatomasher69

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

An ECM that has been switched to jam mode can negate your ability to achieve missile lock. I think you can combat this by having BAP, or enough secondary weapons to destroy the ECM mech nearby.

#3 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

You might be next to a enemy with ecm, it gonna restrict your ability to lock until out of range or the mech with ecm is disable or destroyed.

Also when using lockon weapons always have B/Cap (Mostly light CAP if clan), and I would trade that hml for another erml or switch to mpl for shorter facetime and a easier way to deal with lights but that's me on the second part.

#4 Alabastine

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

Oh damn I didn't know ECMs did that as well, must've been it then. Thank you guys!

On the loadout advice: I'd love MPL but they're just too heavy. Also I do like the extra HML damage and they're more heat efficient. I'd run 3x HML if they'd fit in the CT. I actually did in one arm, but the risk of that arm being destroyed was a bit too large in that case. And I can't deal with lights anyway so that's just a lost cause (except when in ATM range :D ).

Thanks, everyone else; ignore this topic.

#5 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

No, I have always seen the same thing. I have videos of me using a TAG, LRMs, and ATMs.

I see locks and I fire both at the same time. The LRMs track the enemy mech and hit and the ATMs will go right over it. If they are going from left to right it is worse.

#6 Alabastine

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

I don't think it's the same problem, I meant that my lock just wouldn't appear at all. About LRMs hitting when ATMs don't, I have no clue.

#7 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostAlabastine, on 21 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Oh damn I didn't know ECMs did that as well, must've been it then. Thank you guys!

On the loadout advice: I'd love MPL but they're just too heavy. Also I do like the extra HML damage and they're more heat efficient. I'd run 3x HML if they'd fit in the CT. I actually did in one arm, but the risk of that arm being destroyed was a bit too large in that case. And I can't deal with lights anyway so that's just a lost cause (except when in ATM range Posted Image ).

Thanks, everyone else; ignore this topic.

Yeah, ECM is what's preventing the lockon indicator from working. Also for further knowledge, your BAP/cAP will not counter multiple ECMs that get into range, at least from my experience. If more than one enemy is nearby with ECM, they'll stack and you'll be up a creek.

#8 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

View PostAlabastine, on 21 January 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Hey people, I got mildly infuriated just now when I encountered what I think is a bug considering missile lock (I was using ATMs). I was wondering if anyone else has (recently) encountered this and hopefully someone is even aware of a solution.
I haven't played this game all that long yet and certainly not with ATMs. Therefore there might be some mechanic involved here which I just didn't know jet, but I doubt it.

The issue:
I was playing the MDD-RV on River City (don't think it's relevant but hey) when my missiles refused to lock. It was a hecting moment in the game so a lot was going on. I was targeting and attacking multiple opponents in rapid succession when suddenly my missile lock indicator just completely stopped appearing. I switched targets a few times but this didn't help. I was litterally aiming at some targeted opponents for around 10 seconds, with a light tag active and firing (and hitting, so yeah I was really aiming at them) with my lasers and unguided ATMs. The missile lock indicator just wouldn't appear, ruining my effectiveness. I then dissengaged completely, no longer having any targeted enemies. When I returned to the fight like 20 seconds later, my missile lock was working normally again. I encountered this phenomenon on one other instance like a week ago, it only bothered me for a couple of seconds then, but now it was way more annoying.

Has anyone else ever encoutered this? And more importantly is anyone aware of a solution? Or maybe could it be my PC or network or something? (both should be more than adequate).
Thanks anyway for any answers, I hope you can help as this is a pretty frustrating phenomenon.

Loadout used:
2x ATM 12
2x C-ERML
1x C-HML
1x C-light tag
and ammo and heatsinks ofc.

Enemy ECM mech was near you

#9 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

Could be double Ecm….. your target is protected by 2 ecm-mechs in the near.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users