Fast Reconnect

8 replies to this topic

#1 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

So if my game's going to crash, it's almost inevitably on the drop screen. (I've got a fairly decent system, keep drivers up to date, etc. Not looking for tech suggestions here :) ) When that happens, I want to get back in and help my team ASAP. Every second of waiting to get back is just irritating.

If I could, I'd love to skip the "Made with.." and "Nvidia" logo screens, but I'm sure they have to be there by contract or something. What I *would* like to see is:
- I relaunch the game.
- I log in.
- Instead of waiting for the store page to decide to connect and show, get to where I can dismiss it, go to my 'mech and hit QP/reconnect, pick the match and say "Yes, I really want to rejoin," once I log on just give me a popup. "We see you're listed as having a match in progress - the [mech] on [map] in a [match type] game. Rejoin now? [YES] - [No] - [Go to store]" option.

Yes, it's likely a matter of under a minute - but I want to get back in the game and have my team not have a disconnect sitting around.

#2 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

my favorite is when you DC right on game start or moments after yet you can still hear the voice chat from the log in screen...

but I agree if you crash or DC the first thing the game should do after entering your name/pw is give another prompt BEFORE loading the mech bay to ask if you want to re-join

Edited by Cichol Balor, 22 January 2019 - 12:56 AM.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

I'll SUPPORT this idea as well, because I'm getting personally sick of generally ending up on the Team with the person whose computer could not stay connected. This ends up usually getting me shafted during a match, and that's not fair at all, particularly when they never reconnect to the game. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Quick Reconnecting is LONG overdue" Devnull

#4 Momolillo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

support ^

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostBlacksheep One, on 21 January 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

So if my game's going to crash, it's almost inevitably on the drop screen. (I've got a fairly decent system, keep drivers up to date, etc. Not looking for tech suggestions here Posted Image ) When that happens, I want to get back in and help my team ASAP. Every second of waiting to get back is just irritating.

If I could, I'd love to skip the "Made with.." and "Nvidia" logo screens, but I'm sure they have to be there by contract or something. What I *would* like to see is:
- I relaunch the game.
- I log in.
- Instead of waiting for the store page to decide to connect and show, get to where I can dismiss it, go to my 'mech and hit QP/reconnect, pick the match and say "Yes, I really want to rejoin," once I log on just give me a popup. "We see you're listed as having a match in progress - the [mech] on [map] in a [match type] game. Rejoin now? [YES] - [No] - [Go to store]" option.

Yes, it's likely a matter of under a minute - but I want to get back in the game and have my team not have a disconnect sitting around.

the load of the 3D mechlab and the Marketing Crap cost alone 1-2 Minutes

#6 Simulacrum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

My game crashes nearly every day, several times. Had the same problem with my last graphic card till I found a program where I could reduce the overclocking to factory 'standard' settings. As I am not willing to cripple my new graphic card again I have to live with that old bug in the Cryengine but I support the fast reconnect feature/system.

It is ridiculous to wait 2-3 minutes to re-enter a match because of bad loading times.

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostSimulacrum, on 24 January 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

My game crashes nearly every day, several times. Had the same problem with my last graphic card till I found a program where I could reduce the overclocking to factory 'standard' settings. As I am not willing to cripple my new graphic card again I have to live with that old bug in the Cryengine but I support the fast reconnect feature/system.

It is ridiculous to wait 2-3 minutes to re-enter a match because of bad loading times.

I know what's triggering that Crash Bug. It's unfortunate, but your Graphics Card is getting way too hot. MWO doesn't like this, and crashes in response to the problem. I had the problem with a non-overclocked card, and picked up on it insanely quickly. You'll have to do without overclocking unless you can find a way to keep it cooled. Any chance you have a can of compressed air nearby to blow the dust off? :(

~D. V. "CryEngine... It's even sensitive to your GPU's Temperature!" Devnull

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:07 AM

Yeah would enjoy this...

#9 Punnisher

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

I have been finding that sometimes it takes upwards of 3 min to reconnect back into the match, and half the time I log in either to see myself being killed, or have already been killed... very frustrating...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users