Lrm Pts Feedback

No replies to this topic

#1 0Jiggs0

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

@PGI
I like the variable LRM flight path change and would like to see it added to a future patch. The direct flight paths for shots made with LOS give the weapon more flexibility and LRM use should no longer be restricted to dedicated indirect fire builds. Unfortunately, I was only able to log one match. I was very fond of the new behavior in that match, but on 4 separate occasions I waited over an hour without finding another, so my opinion is mostly based on the testing grounds. I have one suggestion for future tuning:

Keep missile spread at the live settings for LOS shots:
  • LRMs already struggle to down mechs on the live version. The increased spread noticeably worsens this weakness, despite the shorter time to target and lower angle of attack (please see test results below).
  • If separate spread values for direct and indirect fire is not feasible, consider adjusting Artemis, Tag, and NARC bonuses to promote direct LRM use.
Results from a simple comparison of LRM performance on PTS and the Live version. The target was the Atlas in Tourmaline Desert testing grounds, fired on from the front with 2 IS LRM 20 at a distance of 250 meters. As seen in the results the LRM40 setup used already requires several salvos to kill a stationary target on live, and this number increases noticeably on the PTS.

LIVE
lrm40 - 10 salvos (400 missles)
lrm40tag - 9
lrm40artemis - 7
lrm40atemis+tag - 7*
*the CT after the 6th salvo was deep red

PTS
lrm40 - 14
lrm40tag - 11
lrm40artemis - 11
lrm40artemis+tag - 9

1 user(s) are reading this topic