spider5k buff quirk

7 replies to this topic

#1 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:53 AM

Hello dear PGI - after several patches and ofc after we had the machine gun mechs like - cheetah jenner2c atc - they have like - 6-8 machine guns, and now we have the piranha with 12 machine guns and the incubus - in that case the spider 5k is undergunned as hell- and have no place on the battle field . spider 5k became completely useless. everything - these lights could do better than spider.

I suggest to buff the Spider 5K machine guns fire rate, and add some to energy cool down quirk, or agility quirks, or else useful weapon quirk like machine gun rate of fire - to put that little underpowered mech to the field to be not even close to these mechs - but a little bit better than it is now

Edited by Leopardo, 24 January 2019 - 03:53 AM.

#2 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

I've just returned from a long time away and the past 3 days playing has taught me I'm not one 10th of the player I used to be or the power creep is real.
I'm not sure you can make up for that much power creep with quirks alone.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 24 January 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hello dear PGI - after several patches and ofc after we had the machine gun mechs like - cheetah jenner2c atc - they have like - 6-8 machine guns, and now we have the piranha with 12 machine guns and the incubus - in that case the spider 5k is undergunned as hell- and have no place on the battle field . spider 5k became completely useless. everything - these lights could do better than spider.

I suggest to buff the Spider 5K machine guns fire rate, and add some to energy cool down quirk, or agility quirks, or else useful weapon quirk like machine gun rate of fire - to put that little underpowered mech to the field to be not even close to these mechs - but a little bit better than it is now

And yet... you haven't played a spider in months so how would you even know how they perform anymore... going by the leaderboard archives...

You played 100% assaults in December and did so poorly with only a 141 AMS, 89% assaults and that pattern of low match scoring while using assaults and not lights repeats in november and october. According to PGI's leaderboards season 26 was the last time you played enough light matches to register on the board, and that produced a 165 AMS. The problem isn't the spider's quirks or hardpoints. Its you.

#4 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 January 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

The problem isn't the spider's quirks or hardpoints. Its you.

Leopardo was already told that when he made an almost identical post a few months ago.

#5 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

you guys dont get the point - are u light mechs players all of u? no? so why u judging me - i play lights alot so i can compare - the spider is undergunned - like there is no place for spider - 4 mguns 1 laser - u know? i dont want to make it OP - i want just put it little bit higher - like add a machine gun rate fire quirk that would be enough!!!!!!!

Edited by Leopardo, 27 January 2019 - 12:50 AM.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

Well I am, and so is admiralbenbowl. In fact we both spend more matches in light mechs than you, and we're both clearly better light mech pilots than you are and don't need PGI to buff the spider 5k to do more in them than you do in them.

#7 undeadasharak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

admittidly i havent played in quite a long time but as far as i can tell the really under gunned but still hilarously fun to play spider is the 5V yes ill take a extra hard point or two in THAT please but this may have changed since i last played

#8 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:09 AM

Well I could say don't take my opinion too seriously because I've been away for what might be close to 2 years and I just had a 3 day MechWarrior binge, but when you can make a light build do almost the same DPS as a RAC2 & 5 combined with no heat and no jams.... That's a pretty powerful light mech, especially in a brawl against another light mech.

5K is a poke sniper though, have to use it to it's strengths.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users