Div1 Anh Nightmare Is Back

16 replies to this topic

#1 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

I spent my last 2 Solaris seasons refusing to equip the ANH in D1 for obvious cheese reasons and fared at least reasonably well with my UAC Dakka Wolf or Brawling MCII give and take - though it was near impossible to defeat an ANH that had reliable aim or if I couldn't blow off a side torso in 2 alphas.

However, this season has brought it completely upside down ever since the heatsink patch (not too sure, but my dakka wolf is having a hard time dealing with lower heat limits since that round). My last 6 matches against a friggin AC2 ANH was nothing but a nightmare no matter how steady my aim/timing/bursts were. Maybe couple in crappy ping, but I assume Oceanic should be as bad for both players. For my MCII games, either Annis are getting better or I'm just getting really bad, but the odds of taking down a side torso has also got considerably harder despite the SRM Atermis improvement. I'm not sure if heat had a place in this but I rmb doing fine last season doing the side torso/direct core up routine.

The only match I had a somewhat a fair fight (like me no doing things like hiding behind a rock looking for Anni butt) was when the Anni swapped to 5xLBX10s losing the ability to focus down one side torso in like 0.0001s - maybe out of pity for me. You need to cheese your way into 300m range, take a dice roll and hope the UACs don't jam, hope Anni doesnt land everything on one side torso, find at least 1 cover point as you strafe to cool off, and only then I have a sliver of a chance to win the fight.

Bought a DW-UV just to see if there was hope returning the favor with extra AC2's, but funny thing - screen spam splat pissed/screwed every other opponent I had except the Anni since his cockpit is waay above the impact zone (and it just... a metal rod with 150 armor... not bad not bad). I haven't had any Solaris fight in any division so infuriating to date apart from these Annis. Surprisingly I don't harbor as much hate for the KGC's and I had some pretty good fights with them with some arm shootdown strats.

The matchmaker is another pile of **** matching me up with the same guy like 8 times despite having like up to 10 players waiting in some match windows. Like for God's sake if your game just wants to ruin my hard earned SSR over my last 20 matches, just take 100 points off it right away so I can fight someone else then rather than waste 30mins of my time trying to cheese the exact SAME Anni. I had plenty of fun fighting other decent Assaults, but the Annis srsly... just make my day.

Maybe PGI should consider putting PIRs in D1 to eat Anni crotches since they happily agreed to to that in D2. Or just let PIRs play every division for the lulz. Inb4 4xRotary KGC with AC2 will be the next cancer - there was this dude, and I tried it once before too - overcooking is irrelevant as long as your opponent is cored - S7 should implement a cooloff rule (I also abuse it too admittedly) that a survivor only wins after heat falls below 100% and has not eliminated himself.

Or maybe I should try B33F's Direstar just for the lulz. Wait... even 11PPC cheese still isnt enough alpha to blow off an Annis torso. Ya know like just **** this. I'm getting my Anni.... at least I might enjoy playing against dild*s as a dild* myself.

Edited by UnkerZ, 25 January 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

View PostUnkerZ, on 25 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Maybe PGI should consider putting PIRs in D1 to eat Anni crotches since they happily agreed to to that in D2.

We have awoo for that. Posted Image

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

Well given the heat patch wasn't exactly yesterday.

And was around for quite a bit of last Solaris Season...

Sounds like you're just playing better players. Which stands to reason while the queue's are full due to the event.

#4 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:59 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 January 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Well given the heat patch wasn't exactly yesterday.

And was around for quite a bit of last Solaris Season...

Sounds like you're just playing better players. Which stands to reason while the queue's are full due to the event.

Welp.. I eventually hit upper tier last few seasons too.. the potatoes did not help much in SSR anyway.. or maybe less top tier players at the time.

Anyway, I overlooked the ACW, so I've found my new love for D1 with an oversized engine and sticking srms up anni butt.. But honestly... i only have enough ammo weight to blow off their legs... making me another cheese.. but hell yeah if its gonna ruin their day.. and wolfie is a bit too big for comfort esp against the more mobile assaults.

I want the PIR in D1... plz??

Edited by UnkerZ, 26 January 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#5 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:34 AM

hmm...I run an 8-pack Ultraviolet in div 1 and, after getting my aim and skill points sorted out, Annihilators stopped mattering just for being Annihilators...if the guy driving it beats me in the ANH he would have done it in any other chassis, too. And I saw way fewer ANH builds dropping in season 3. In Season 2 that's all there was in Div 1. I don't think I've seen one this season.

#6 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

ANH seems to have some pretty generous CT hitboxes, but if you can periscope them a little early on you can net yourself a little damage advantage. A lot of the people I beat in Div1 lose because they're standing still or walking straight towards me.

I do the King Crab in Div1 because it forces you to be accurate or lose quickly.

#7 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

ANH>UV. Need to be superior in skills for an UV pilot to beat ANH pilot.

#8 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:30 AM

Is it a nightmare or the same stale lemming drek?
Like "accepted" paths.
Same lame tunnel push in crimson.
Same citadel whirl on River City.
Same toilet flush on polar center(stop picking domination for it dunces!)
Same right run on new frozen city.
Same pug zapper center push in old therma.
People do what they THINK is effective. Not necessarily what IS.

That being said. If your first move in Solaris is full reverse and wait. Well.

Edited by HammerMaster, 30 January 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#9 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 27 January 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

hmm...I run an 8-pack Ultraviolet in div 1 and, after getting my aim and skill points sorted out, Annihilators stopped mattering just for being Annihilators...if the guy driving it beats me in the ANH he would have done it in any other chassis, too. And I saw way fewer ANH builds dropping in season 3. In Season 2 that's all there was in Div 1. I don't think I've seen one this season.

They're the majority of what I see. You're the only dire whale pilot I've seen.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

There’s a few others that drop but not frequently...it’s too easy to bring down. Every time i get one as an opponent i’m astounded i do as well as i do with mine.

#11 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostUnkerZ, on 25 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I spent my last 2 Solaris seasons refusing to equip the ANH in D1 for obvious cheese reasons and fared at least reasonably well with my UAC Dakka Wolf or Brawling MCII give and take - though it was near impossible to defeat an ANH that had reliable aim or if I couldn't blow off a side torso in 2 alphas.

However, this season has brought it completely upside down ever since the heatsink patch (not too sure, but my dakka wolf is having a hard time dealing with lower heat limits since that round). My last 6 matches against a friggin AC2 ANH was nothing but a nightmare no matter how steady my aim/timing/bursts were. Maybe couple in crappy ping, but I assume Oceanic should be as bad for both players. For my MCII games, either Annis are getting better or I'm just getting really bad, but the odds of taking down a side torso has also got considerably harder despite the SRM Atermis improvement. I'm not sure if heat had a place in this but I rmb doing fine last season doing the side torso/direct core up routine.

The only match I had a somewhat a fair fight (like me no doing things like hiding behind a rock looking for Anni butt) was when the Anni swapped to 5xLBX10s losing the ability to focus down one side torso in like 0.0001s - maybe out of pity for me. You need to cheese your way into 300m range, take a dice roll and hope the UACs don't jam, hope Anni doesnt land everything on one side torso, find at least 1 cover point as you strafe to cool off, and only then I have a sliver of a chance to win the fight.

Bought a DW-UV just to see if there was hope returning the favor with extra AC2's, but funny thing - screen spam splat pissed/screwed every other opponent I had except the Anni since his cockpit is waay above the impact zone (and it just... a metal rod with 150 armor... not bad not bad). I haven't had any Solaris fight in any division so infuriating to date apart from these Annis. Surprisingly I don't harbor as much hate for the KGC's and I had some pretty good fights with them with some arm shootdown strats.

The matchmaker is another pile of **** matching me up with the same guy like 8 times despite having like up to 10 players waiting in some match windows. Like for God's sake if your game just wants to ruin my hard earned SSR over my last 20 matches, just take 100 points off it right away so I can fight someone else then rather than waste 30mins of my time trying to cheese the exact SAME Anni. I had plenty of fun fighting other decent Assaults, but the Annis srsly... just make my day.

Maybe PGI should consider putting PIRs in D1 to eat Anni crotches since they happily agreed to to that in D2. Or just let PIRs play every division for the lulz. Inb4 4xRotary KGC with AC2 will be the next cancer - there was this dude, and I tried it once before too - overcooking is irrelevant as long as your opponent is cored - S7 should implement a cooloff rule (I also abuse it too admittedly) that a survivor only wins after heat falls below 100% and has not eliminated himself.

Or maybe I should try B33F's Direstar just for the lulz. Wait... even 11PPC cheese still isnt enough alpha to blow off an Annis torso. Ya know like just **** this. I'm getting my Anni.... at least I might enjoy playing against dild*s as a dild* myself.

There are other mechs I would suggest, or rather, one other mech. The arctic wolf 1.

#12 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Doing fairly well in my Mad Cat MKII, at least better than in any of my other mechs last season. Still get cored by that one 5X LB-10X Annie but the same dude killed every other assault I take to Div 1 so no surprise.

I'm actually more pissed at the assaults and tonnage gap in the other Division, I'm in a 55 ton mech dropping against 80 tons.

Like wise, I honestly feel bad when I drop in a 85 ton mech in Div 2 and face off against a Piranha. I don't care what the stats say; Unless I'm drunk, no way that Piranha is going to drill through the armor on my Stalker before I core him one on one

#13 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 12 February 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Doing fairly well in my Mad Cat MKII, at least better than in any of my other mechs last season. Still get cored by that one 5X LB-10X Annie but the same dude killed every other assault I take to Div 1 so no surprise.

I'm actually more pissed at the assaults and tonnage gap in the other Division, I'm in a 55 ton mech dropping against 80 tons.

Like wise, I honestly feel bad when I drop in a 85 ton mech in Div 2 and face off against a Piranha. I don't care what the stats say; Unless I'm drunk, no way that Piranha is going to drill through the armor on my Stalker before I core him one on one

Welp... The MCII works fairly well against all classes - but when pitted against good players, its nigh impossible to close the gap on the Anni before you lose one torso even with aggressive twisting - MC2 armor is just too little to take much of a beating until he gets close enough to force damage spreading and arm blocking. Its arms do wonders at close range - blocks out the annis 2 arms at point blank.. while torso to torso, the mcII can still hit the anni at ST/CT.

Anyway I just had time to finish training my Anni.. and here I am joining the cheese trolling every other chassis - the heat quirks are just downright unfair if you ask me.. but at least i appreciate the armor quirk reduction, else there would be no light at the end of the tunnel at all.

#14 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 12 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

There are other mechs I would suggest, or rather, one other mech. The arctic wolf 1.

Yep I had some fun leggin Annis - it does seem like a hard counter, but its a bit too big and tends to get hit from lighter assaults, - and... I'm more of the fight like a man kind of guy - feels awkward playing like a p***i for every match. How about a pir in d1? since devs decided having a leg eater with no hope of 90 ton actually hitting him with *any* hardpoints is legit for a division. That guy would eat assault a** any day.

#15 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:20 AM

View PostUnkerZ, on 15 March 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Yep I had some fun leggin Annis - it does seem like a hard counter, but its a bit too big and tends to get hit from lighter assaults, - and... I'm more of the fight like a man kind of guy - feels awkward playing like a p***i for every match. How about a pir in d1? since devs decided having a leg eater with no hope of 90 ton actually hitting him with *any* hardpoints is legit for a division. That guy would eat assault a** any day.

What you're asking for there is not a challenging fight, but an easy "I win" button.

If you want alternatives to fight annihilators and prove your ability as a pilot:

• Slepnir (high torso twist and quicik aim skill required), only know of one pilot that made it work...
• Quickdraw IV-4 with MRM-60 or 80, can win with either legs or torso focus, although torso focus is the manlier option for only those with the largest cahones
• Arctic Wolf with SRMs, probably legs only
• Arctic Wolf with NARC amd ATMS, for cheese lords only
• Dire Whale with 8x2's, requires perfect aim and positioning

Aside from that, in the annihilators there are at least 10 builds on 3 different chassis I can think of off the top of my head that "can" work.
There is also cheekies' MKII-B build that combines ppcs with the standard loadout that "on paper" should be able to win, but requires good cover and precise alpha strikes.
As well, I'm sure Merata will show up at some point with a ridiculous build on a Night Star that no one else could ever make work...

#16 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

The ultraviolet is my pick for div 1 and i can tell you that one of my favorite things to see drop is another direwolf. It’s annoyingly easy to bring down and every time i pick one off i’m surprised i can get anywhere in the thing. The best machine to use against annihilators is another annihilator. There’s a reason why the first page is full of them (and whatever stupid thing merata is dropping).

#17 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostUnkerZ, on 15 March 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

If the ACW 1 gets hit with just about anything in div 1 it loses a component. So if the Anni pilot can't hit me then I would say that's not my problem. Especially since you can't just piranha their legs by running up to then. There is a reason why you don't see many of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users