• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hail.

I've lately been putting together a coalition of units to drop, improve and play Community Warfare together. So far it's been Kurita/FRR units due to me running the Kurita/FRR Hub & Discord.

However, I feel that in order to actually take worlds we need more players then we're currently fielding. We can get a 12 man most nights and 2-3 nights a week we have two 12 mans running, but it just isn't enough to stem the Clanner tide.

So in my efforts to search a little further afield I've come here to ask whatever leadership and/or pilots still remain in House Marik if they'd be interested in dropping and training with us.

I've poked around some and see your website and TS have/are both being downsized and that you don't have much activity over here. But, that some still exists.

We'll take any pilots here looking to be part of 12 mans again, but even more importantly.. do any units remain here willing to train and take the fight with us to the clans?

#2 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

There are few Marik loyalists still chugging at FP. I'd try and check with Alexandria from Midgard [MGD], as he has been the most active FP loyalist with Marik that I know of. Midgard has the bottom channel on the Cobra TS.

#3 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 30 January 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

There are few Marik loyalists still chugging at FP. I'd try and check with Alexandria from Midgard [MGD], as he has been the most active FP loyalist with Marik that I know of. Midgard has the bottom channel on the Cobra TS.

Alexandra closed Midgard down =(

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

I would take worlds for Marik like i did when this mode started. Until 1 bucket is fixed I dont think you will see anyone come back to play cw. Depending on what they do you might try again in April.

#5 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 30 January 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

I would take worlds for Marik like i did when this mode started. Until 1 bucket is fixed I dont think you will see anyone come back to play cw. Depending on what they do you might try again in April.

Yeah, things look pretty thin. But there people still playing on my TS and in my factions. I figured there oughta be a least a few Marik pilots or units kicking around and wishing they could get 12 mans with someone.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 30 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Yeah, things look pretty thin. But there people still playing on my TS and in my factions. I figured there oughta be a least a few Marik pilots or units kicking around and wishing they could get 12 mans with someone.

Maybe a few, the house TS server is basically dead. Maybe 3 people ,and RMA who only does scouting. Most the people on there dont even play mwo anymore. Its really sad, what has become of it.

If i see the few people I will tell them.

#7 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 30 January 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Maybe a few, the house TS server is basically dead. Maybe 3 people ,and RMA who only does scouting. Most the people on there dont even play mwo anymore. Its really sad, what has become of it.

If i see the few people I will tell them.

Thanks appreciate it.

#8 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 30 January 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hail.

I've lately been putting together a coalition of units to drop, improve and play Community Warfare together. So far it's been Kurita/FRR units due to me running the Kurita/FRR Hub & Discord.

However, I feel that in order to actually take worlds we need more players then we're currently fielding. We can get a 12 man most nights and 2-3 nights a week we have two 12 mans running, but it just isn't enough to stem the Clanner tide.

So in my efforts to search a little further afield I've come here to ask whatever leadership and/or pilots still remain in House Marik if they'd be interested in dropping and training with us.

I've poked around some and see your website and TS have/are both being downsized and that you don't have much activity over here. But, that some still exists.

We'll take any pilots here looking to be part of 12 mans again, but even more importantly.. do any units remain here willing to train and take the fight with us to the clans?

mechthedane...have you considered a coalition involving ghost bear? not just is it both sound lore wise, but i feel breaking bread across clan/IS lines would be a good way to build camaraderie and help people organize FW games, as now you could work with a clan group your friends with to have people to fight for FW. and with both groups doing it as friendly competition instead of more hostile games. my unit has done this with the Rasalhague Dominion, a coalition of Clan and FRR units working together for faction warfare and team building. so far been a success. just consider it please. :)

#9 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:25 AM

I think these days the mariks that do still play are alot more casual, speaking for myself i just hit ts occasionally to catch up with people and do a few quick play drops with old mates. Faction play beta 1/2 was a hell of a lot of fun though:) Have you had any luck with the other factions or are they just as quiet?

#10 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:21 AM

View PostCato Zilks, on 30 January 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

There are few Marik loyalists still chugging at FP.

Me. Always Marik. I'm in the game a lot, just not at the same time as all those weird American and European types.

#11 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:15 AM

Welp since I'm a freelancer I can just join wherever the people are in Cobra ts. :P

View PostBowelhacker, on 31 January 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

just not at the same time as all those weird American and European types.

Posted Image

#12 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

View PostKifferson von doober, on 31 January 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

Have you had any luck with the other factions or are they just as quiet?

Yeah, I have some success with the FRR. Between ISEN, GNX, BRZY, COMA and a few RKA/SO members we're able to get two 12 mans going.

I was hoping to invite some Marik units or pilots to participate with us.

A sort of Marik Foreign Legion.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 31 January 2019 - 11:37 AM.

#13 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 31 January 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yeah, I have some success with the FRR. Between ISEN, GNX, BRZY, COMA and a few RKA/SO members we're able to get two 12 mans going.

I was hoping to invite some Marik units or pilots to participate with us.

A sort of Marik Foreign Legion.

My unit, the 13th Oriente Hussars, and ShaneoftheDead's 1st Free Worlds Guards are still semi-active, but we're mostly casuals and only do QP on weekends. With 2 buckets, there's absolutely no incentives for us to do FP since what rewards are given just do not justify the massive time sink. There's just no point to it. And we also don't enjoy the repeated beat-downs and farming by the more competitive teams (which shall remain nameless here). It's just not fun, and we in fact enjoy ourselves more when fighting each other in private matches.

Longing for the bygone days of Phases I and II.....

#14 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 31 January 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

Welp since I'm a freelancer I can just join wherever the people are in Cobra ts. Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, you heard me...

#15 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 31 January 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

And we also don't enjoy the repeated beat-downs and farming by the more competitive teams (which shall remain nameless here). It's just not fun, and we in fact enjoy ourselves more when fighting each other in private matches.

Longing for the bygone days of Phases I and II.....

Makes complete sense and if the activity 'round these parts is any indication, a sentiment shared by many. But, some still do like to play. Maybe they don't have enough people to play with, or know where to play.. and I am just setting up a place to do exactly that.

As for the stomps and comp teams. It's true there are a few that lurk in the queue and prey on more casual teams.. but my team, the ISENGRIM, are not without a similar skill-set and we do what we can to help out the teams dropping with us.

#16 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:21 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 31 January 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Makes complete sense and if the activity 'round these parts is any indication, a sentiment shared by many. But, some still do like to play. Maybe they don't have enough people to play with, or know where to play.. and I am just setting up a place to do exactly that.

As for the stomps and comp teams. It's true there are a few that lurk in the queue and prey on more casual teams.. but my team, the ISENGRIM, are not without a similar skill-set and we do what we can to help out the teams dropping with us.

Yeah, I understand. There's in fact a long and rather messy history in House Marik following Phase 2 when we lost most of our faction leaders and members. It was also difficult for us to get into the Clan fight at the time because we are a southern house with no easy avenue of access to that front, something PGI never really fixed until it was too late.

But with that said, I follow your videos on Youtube, your excellent posts in this forum, and everything you've tried to do to help revive the game over these past two years. It's too bad that you're not the one making the decisions for the game instead of the current powers that be, which has brought us all down this "unfunning" path.

I'll let my guys know that they are more than welcome to drop with you and your folks if they want to give FW another try. I do have some younger guys who weren't around until after the mode was in decline and thus missed those glorious early phases.

Thanks Dane!

#17 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Much appreciated!
If any are interested they should come to my discord, linked here. I'll also make posts in the FRR section of the MWO forums, but the discord is the easiest place to keep up with what we're doing.

#18 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Just to be clear, the Marik Foreign Legion is invited:

https://mwomercs.com...moot-tournament

#19 GrizzlyViking