So ... Roughneck Or Warhammer?

41 replies to this topic

#41 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

I can survive a Gauss explosion on an XL warhammer thanks to defensive quirks now. I don't see a reason for case other then massive amounts of ignitable ammo.

Anyhow, back on topic.

If Ballistic + laser is requested then the answer is Warhammer 6R.

Like this Dual UAC10 + 4 Med Las but really anything goes from Gauss to class 10 AC, LBX, UAC with Meds, ER Meds Med Pulse to dual AC5 + dual PPC / Large Pusle and whatnot.

Roughneck just doesn't have the same favorable hardpoints for ballistic vomit builds. It's better at Ballistic + Missile builds although it's sacrifices the slightly better hitboxes for it (the missile pod is just too easy to hit).

Same goes for the heros, Blackwidow is just better @ pure Ballistics and Ballistics vomit then both the Roughneck heros.

While the roughneck chassis are all really, really solid, the slightly bit more tankyness does not offset the absolute perfect weapon convergence of the 6R / Blackwidow. Offensive abilities > defensive abilities.

#42 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

Whammy is flat out more meta right now as it can run the 2 GR+4-6ERML build which puts its damage on par (or even ahead) of most clam heavys in the single exposure department (not to mention 30 PPFLD at very good distances). It can also run 2 uac10 with ERMLs and a LFE for decently survivable DPS role which is comparable to what clam can bring around that tonnage albeit shorter range and slower moving without XL.

Roughneck is fun and can carry true brawling loadouts (you CAN use SRMs on a whammy, but its rather dumb to do so as the hitboxes get bigger and it really isnt built for it), but its just not quite as versatile and doesnt have any decent poke builds on it short of lazor vomit on the energy variant (which is on par with the whammy's energy variant imo). Still, its got decent hitboxes if you shield the right side (any cannon on that will stick out alot and you need to fully side shield), and it can carry that somewhat popular UAC/AC20+SRM/MRM loadouts i see on many roughnecks these days.

So yeah, if youu want to brawl, roughneck is better, if you want to poke/mid range, whammy is better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users