• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image
We're a growing site built from the ground up to share builds and guides
curated by some of the top players in the game.

What is GrimMechs?

GrimMechs is a tier list and mech builds database curated by some of the top competitive players in the game. It seeks to provide a variety of builds for every mech that are fully optimised for maximum performance and rated on a scale from god tier to trash tier.

News, October 2021:
Ever since game balance has been taken over by The Cauldron, MWO has been in a constant state of flux. While The Cauldron is not done yet, most of what they set out to initially do has made it into the game by now and had some time to settle in. As things are solidifying, it's finally time for GrimMechs to reassess the ratings on our Tier Lists and play catch up with all the new builds people are running.

In the coming week, we'll be updating the list of builds that we consider S-tier mechs for General/QP. Visit our Discord server and leave us some recommendations for builds YOU think should comprise S-tier General and we'll consider them.

Build Database
While the Tier Lists have not been updated yet, we HAVE been adding builds to our Database. Check it out if you haven't recently, you can sort the table by Updated date to see what's new!

MechDB 2.0
All build links on the site have now been converted to MechDB 2.0 links. Thanks to Kill2Blit for helping us with this and working on the new update to his site! MechDB 2.0 is still a work in progress, so if you have any feedback regarding the new site, drop by the MechDB Discord to share your thoughts and suggestions.

GrimMechs Focus Weeks
Each week we'll choose one item to focus on and devote the week to discussing it on the GrimMechs Discord. This week we're taking suggestions for General/QP S-tier mechs, so head over there and let us know what mechs you think deserve to be rated as the best! In future weeks we may choose topics such as "SPL mechs" or "LPPC mechs" or "Marauder builds" and work on flushing out our Database and Tier Lists with each topic in turn.

Posted Image
If you would like to see anything added, or if you have questions about builds or tier placecement, or would like to make suggestions! ... then please join our Discord.

Past updates:

5 January 2021 - General Tier List, Nova Cat, Incubus, Adder
Spoiler

23 May 2019 - Champion, Marauder II, Cougar, plus sitewide improvements
Spoiler

7 Mar 2019 - Dervish theorycraft, Annihilator, Hunchback IIC, and new Contributors
Spoiler

3 February 2019 - GrimMechs launch
Spoiler

Edited by Tarogato, 06 October 2021 - 01:11 AM.

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:00 PM

nice work. You're Vape builds are not what I would run per se, but the format and descriptions are interesting.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 03 February 2019 - 05:01 PM.

#3 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

I like the layout. Gonna have to try that Dual Gauss V.Eagle build.

#4 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:19 AM

That's an interesting Gauss build on the Vapor Eagle, but the chassis on the whole is a lot more fragile than one would think. In quick play you had better hope you aren't the sole complement to the other team's higher tier players or you have shot yourself in both feet. A rifle in the arm will go off very quickly once someone sees your loadout. I would not recommend running the 'Mech with so few points in rear armour.

#5 PhilTKaswahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:35 AM

I've been looking for a dual LB20 heavy carrier for the IS, so I'm looking forward to trying that 6R suggestion.

#6 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:17 AM

good stuff :)

#7 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostPhilTKaswahl, on 04 February 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

I've been looking for a dual LB20 heavy carrier for the IS, so I'm looking forward to trying that 6R suggestion.

careful with that; it's a fun and rewarding build - but it really works better with a team, so GQ or FW stuff.
too slow for the nascar-QP more often than not Posted Image

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 04 February 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#8 PhilTKaswahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 04 February 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

careful with that; it's a fun and rewarding build - but it really works better with a team, so GQ or FW stuff.

Eh, I'll risk it. I also have an LB10X + MRM 60 Brawler Atlas Kraken that risks the same that I nonetheless have fun with when things go right.

When things don't, well, I took the risk of bringing a slow, team-dependent build to the chaos QP. It's on me.

Edited by PhilTKaswahl, 04 February 2019 - 07:37 AM.

#9 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

If it weren't for MechDB, the ISEN folks would basically have a monopoly on the MWO fanspace. Christ. Nice job though, guys.

View PostPhilTKaswahl, on 04 February 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

The Boomhammer is an old, fun build. It works pretty well. Enjoy yourself!

#10 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 04 February 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

If you want a fun, fast, and tanky lbx carrier- look at a victor 9A1. Triple lbx10 that goes 60+ kph and has 4 JJ for maneuvering. I’ve been skulking mine up and I average 500-800 damage games in SQ.

#11 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

Well done.

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:51 AM

View Postlobsterhierarchy, on 04 February 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

If you want a fun, fast, and tanky lbx carrier- look at a victor 9A1. Triple lbx10 that goes 60+ kph and has 4 JJ for maneuvering. I’ve been skulking mine up and I average 500-800 damage games in SQ.

I prefer the AC/10 9A1, personally. One of the few mechs that can take triple AC/10s without really making compromises.

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostPhilTKaswahl, on 04 February 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Eh, I'll risk it. I also have an LB10X + MRM 60 Brawler Atlas Kraken that risks the same that I nonetheless have fun with when things go right.

When things don't, well, I took the risk of bringing a slow, team-dependent build to the chaos QP. It's on me.

Boomhammer is fine for QP, in a 1v1 it's almost unmatched thanks to the torso location of the guns. I used it a lot in S7 (with less ammo and medium lasers) until I discovered the God Duelist that is the LB-20x/SRM Warhawk-B. Unfortunately, the Warhawk lacks ammo and has a huge side torso ammo storage problem that translates poorly outside of a straight duel. I would say though, from T3 to T2 every single one of my brawler builds became more or less useless.

#14 lobsterhierarchy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

View PostBombast, on 04 February 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

I prefer the AC/10 9A1, personally. One of the few mechs that can take triple AC/10s without really making compromises.

That’s another good build honestly, but I like saving the three tons and crit slots not to mention ramping up the damage for exposed components!

#15 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for this!

#16 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:33 AM

Shoutout to GMan129

#17 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:36 AM

That's awesome ! Thank you guys for the work and efforts you put in dat website ! I really like the guide per chassis...

#18 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

You need to get Bowser to provide his Heavy Gauss Warhammer-6R build.

#19 Suspect

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Thanks to all involved. Good stuff!

#20 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

That gauss VGL is rather handy, I threw in a second JJ as the single one just is slightly short of the thrust I need to get around. I find it runs cool enough to not require operations tree investment or heat gen nodes, so I put most of my points into armouring up and increasing agility. 80 kph with 2 gauss rifles, medium lasers and two arty strikes with a UAV to boot means plenty of power to force reds out of position.

Edited by RickySpanish, 04 February 2019 - 03:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users