• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 06 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

Ok now im interested.

I want to see these comp teams in FP...some competition should be nice for everyone.

But i take Yondu in my team Posted Image
Or better: A Best of FP-Team vs. a comp team

EmP dropped into FP a couple years back during a big FP event, went 23-0, just crushed everyone. Here's the only clip I could still find from that:
https://www.twitch.t...r=all&sort=time

#22 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

View PostVxheous, on 06 February 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

EmP dropped into FP a couple years back during a big FP event, went 23-0, just crushed everyone. Here's the only clip I could still find from that:
https://www.twitch.t...r=all&sort=time

Ok thats nice at all, but too long ago. I mean i remember many matches where we crushed some good teams also, sometimes like 48 - 18 in attack or something.

The interesting part is that comps and FPs have similarities, but also differences.

Tbh i never was into comp play and have absolutely no clue whats going on there.

My interest is to bring more live into FP, especially i feel the last weeks a little increase in FP participants.

A community event like "who is better? Comps show strength and FPs are striking back" or something could be fun.

A little bit salt here and there, good fights and much drinking....that would be cool.

Because Fps are better you know Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Six, 06 February 2019 - 01:48 AM.

#23 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:19 AM

Bfft.. what a thread, so much fail in it.
Xiphias pretty much summed it up.

And sure MS can beat some comp teams and some other comp teams wipe a floor with MS.
skill range of players who play comp is HUGE, could be compared to average tier1 player vs average tier 4-5 player.

#24 ItsaMario

• Pip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

View PostSHIN BRODAMA, on 05 February 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

No it's beautiful

God damn straight it is!

the best bit about this all was that It was only yesterday a lot of us were defending and sticking up for a MS member who got kicked out of ISEN's 'open' practice group.

And now we're tearing down and flinging turds at MS.

This community is great!

#25 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 06 February 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Looks like MS is not even able to put a working link in the forum. Posted Image

Looks like the video was deleted. Posted Image

#26 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:01 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 06 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

Ok now im interested.

I want to see these comp teams in FP...some competition should be nice for everyone.

But i take Yondu in my team Posted Image
Or better: A Best of FP-Team vs. a comp team

Don't pick me I'm a baddie :)

#27 El Wizardo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:05 AM

I'll just leave this here...

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.

#28 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 06 February 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

Pick me I'm a buddy Posted Image*

Now its correct.

#29 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:42 AM

Don't pick me I'm a bunny Posted Image

Did he say bunny? A Bunny!?!

#30 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:15 AM

View PostCurccu, on 06 February 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

Bfft.. what a thread, so much fail in it.
Xiphias pretty much summed it up.

And sure MS can beat some comp teams and some other comp teams wipe a floor with MS.
skill range of players who play comp is HUGE, could be compared to average tier1 player vs average tier 4-5 player.

Indeed - however if you knew the person who made the comment you'd understand the implied meaning within being that it wasn't something directed only at lower level teams. This individual shouldn't be a voice for MS in general, but when you're publicly streaming you get to be one anyways.

#31 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:21 AM

Don't pick me I'm a baddie Posted Image

BUT YOU AREN'T A COMP PLAYER SIR SO THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING WE OBVIOUSLY ALL KNOW YOU ARE BAD

(just kidding please don't shoot me so hard!)

#32 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 06 February 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

Did he say bunny? A Bunny!?!

That was exactly the behaviour of my team yesterday... xD

#33 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:27 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Gotta agree with Xip on this one. As one of the guys that decided the Div C placement - I think overall it went quite well to be honest. If the division win came down to the last set that's perfect. Also CH, coming in last place, gave MS a solid run in their set of matches. Very tight scoreline.

I understand that Div C was a crapshoot, and we just happened to be able to come out on top. But I still dont think that a brand new comp team with an incompetent caller (Me) should ever go undefeated. I would rather be moved up and get my teeth kicked in over and over till I overcome and adapt then be able to "get lucky" with the wins.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

I mean a 5man (maybe we were 6? I forget) EmP drop with a bunch of PUGs was enough to make a ~10 man of MS hide behind their Drop Zone on Alpine couple months back. So I guess that sets that scene. #stirthepotabit

As one of the units who still try to train people,and have no skill requirement when recruiting, one 12 man of MS might not be the same as another 12 man of MS.

#34 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 06 February 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

My interest is to bring more live into FP, especially i feel the last weeks a little increase in FP participants.

A community event like "who is better? Comps show strength and FPs are striking back" or something could be fun.

A big difference between comp and FP is that in comp you know you will get matched up against a team with at least a somewhat similar skill level. In FP you might be playing a great team one match and complete skittles another. Good comp teams don't want to play skittles.

If you really want to see comp teams participate in FP, you should push for PGI to add the FP modes to private lobbies so that teams can play the mode at will. If PGI did that I can pretty much guarantee that there would be at least one comp league that used FP as the format, if for no other reason than to try it for the novelty.

#35 No Skill Rush

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

I don't think anybody believes the top comp teams take faction serious, most of them drop for events or to troll/level mechs up. I mostly been dropping in it to lvl my mechs and have slowed down since I got a bunch of general points from PGI.

#36 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

Obv I know those dudes, but that to me looks like four people in an echo chamber trying to hype themselves up. Yeah, its some silly ****. Things like that always are.

On the Evil/BCMC thing; I just wish the **** talk was a lot less personal. A lot of it is petty as ****, and I know I'm just as guilty of saying some petty ****, especially in the echo chamber, but I'm personally trying not to engage in that anymore. Its ******* stupid.

We don't duck you guys like you think we do. A lot of times what happens, and I know some of you will be stoked about it, is we get face rolled and few times and the more casual players log off for the night. Sometimes we legit miss you on the next drop because other teams are waiting, other times we stop and talk for a bit about how we could try to do better. You know, instead of flinging the same **** at the same wall and hoping it sticks.

Me personally, don't think for a second that I don't know I don't play on the same level as some of your strongest players. Don't assume I don't know I'm probably not as good as the majority of the DivB players out there. Thats why I got involved in competition play, to better myself and improve my game. I've been trying to drop comp since I was in EYEZ, glad I was absent for that because it wouldn't have been a good experience (and we all know how that went). Doubt I would have made the cut anyways, but I'm still thankful to Sustained, Jiffy, Darkfield, Chortles and many others for helping me get better at the game.

And I know y'all do carry some turds from time to time. One of the guys you play with on a regular basis accuses most of you of cheating when he's on the other side.

Personally I wish I could come spend some time with y'all and pick up on some things, but I don't think you'd have me because of this petty micro-community ******** that both sides engage in.

I had a lot of fun in BFM, learned a lot, grew a little too. If you go back to the first drop against DFA they dropped some of their statistically weakest players against us. I can only assume its because they didn't take us seriously, and I think that says something about us and the work we put in.

The DivA people and most of the DivB people I've been communicating have been very receptive of me, and I look forward to growing more.

#37 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 06 February 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Obv I know those dudes, but that to me looks like four people in an echo chamber trying to hype themselves up. Yeah, its some silly ****. Things like that always are.

On the Evil/BCMC thing; I just wish the **** talk was a lot less personal. A lot of it is petty as ****, and I know I'm just as guilty of saying some petty ****, especially in the echo chamber, but I'm personally trying not to engage in that anymore. Its ******* stupid.

We don't duck you guys like you think we do. A lot of times what happens, and I know some of you will be stoked about it, is we get face rolled and few times and the more casual players log off for the night. Sometimes we legit miss you on the next drop because other teams are waiting, other times we stop and talk for a bit about how we could try to do better. You know, instead of flinging the same **** at the same wall and hoping it sticks.

Me personally, don't think for a second that I don't know I don't play on the same level as some of your strongest players. Don't assume I don't know I'm probably not as good as the majority of the DivB players out there. Thats why I got involved in competition play, to better myself and improve my game. I've been trying to drop comp since I was in EYEZ, glad I was absent for that because it wouldn't have been a good experience (and we all know how that went). Doubt I would have made the cut anyways, but I'm still thankful to Sustained, Jiffy, Darkfield, Chortles and many others for helping me get better at the game.

And I know y'all do carry some turds from time to time. One of the guys you play with on a regular basis accuses most of you of cheating when he's on the other side.

Personally I wish I could come spend some time with y'all and pick up on some things, but I don't think you'd have me because of this petty micro-community ******** that both sides engage in.

I had a lot of fun in BFM, learned a lot, grew a little too. If you go back to the first drop against DFA they dropped some of their statistically weakest players against us. I can only assume its because they didn't take us seriously, and I think that says something about us and the work we put in.

The DivA people and most of the DivB people I've been communicating have been very receptive of me, and I look forward to growing more.
You do know that BCMC/EVIL drop in cobra TS and it's an open server, correct? Just pop into a non-BCMC room and poke them and ask if you can join their group. Worst that happens is they say no, but it never hurts to ask and you don't need to feel like your intruding if you do it from a public room or a CbR room. rodcbr1.teamspeak3.com

#38 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

View Postccrider, on 06 February 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

You do know that BCMC/EVIL drop in cobra TS and it's an open server, correct? Just pop into a non-BCMC room and poke them and ask if you can join their group. Worst that happens is they say no, but it never hurts to ask and you don't need to feel like your intruding if you do it from a public room or a CbR room. rodcbr1.teamspeak3.com

I do know that, but I'm currently MS so I don't really think it would fly.

#39 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

a bcmc officer tried to fix relations, but was just banned from MS TS, take from that what you will

#40 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

View Postkamichiwa343, on 06 February 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

I understand that Div C was a crapshoot, and we just happened to be able to come out on top. But I still dont think that a brand new comp team with an incompetent caller (Me) should ever go undefeated. I would rather be moved up and get my teeth kicked in over and over till I overcome and adapt then be able to "get lucky" with the wins.

It's definately not uncommon for that to happen even at Div B level, it's happened before IIRC. When teams are unknown in a comp setting a number of things get looked at and debated for, literally, weeks, before a comp starts.

As I said - while you were undefeated in overall terms there were many close match-sets, close match sets is the ideal outcome. The overall points is secondary IMO. As long as all 5-6 match sets are not absolute steamrolls, then that's the aim.

View Postkamichiwa343, on 06 February 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

As one of the units who still try to train people,and have no skill requirement when recruiting, one 12 man of MS might not be the same as another 12 man of MS.

But Bandito was there? Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 06 February 2019 - 12:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users