#1 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Hey All

PGI/Matt

I have asked people both old and new how to help new players to start FactionWarfare

New players disgruntled about lack of rewards.
Easy Fix
Eliminate Ejections. - this allows new players to get a kill, makes them feel good. Also allows them to get more damage also helping cbills

Eliminate bonus for mechs not used. Encourage players to use all mechs, Again more xp/cbills and bonusses.

While this may upset those who are stat farming and the "get gud" crowd. they will always be a noisy few. better to get a fresh breed into FW imo.

Just a suggestion.

#2 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Have you ever been ignored in the stripped mech? Do you want to stay useless till the end of the match, leaving your team fight 11 vs 12 unless you run outside of the map? You know, any competent player will also leg you for maximum fun.

Is there any bonuses for unused mechs? The only reasons I know for preserving mechs are match score (useless) and XP distribution.

#3 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

Your points contradict each other, there are some time in games (especially against new players) that There is a really damaged mech on the field, or one without ammo, that the op4 can not kill because they are not doing well enough. This goes directly against your idea that all mechs should be used... if I ran across a madcat with no ammo i could just call it out and suddenly he might as well be perma dead, why would I shoot a mech that cant do anything? especially when it takes a pilot out of the fight for the rest of the game.

The only way that I can think of to help with this is give a flat cbill bonus to everyone who got an assist on the mechs ejection (which I believe is already in place but could probably use a boost). If your idea was implemented it would completely ruin all ammo dependant builds in FP.

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

No ejections? NOPE

#5 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

knowing when to eject is an integral part of playing FP, and without ejections you could seriously troll enemies

and how exactly are ejections affecting stat farming?

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Lawl, right. If anything they prevent you from farming kills.

Does he really think people don't eject sometimes to prevent letting someone have a kill/rewards?

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Stopping people from ejecting disarmed mechs will lead to so much abuse lol. Disarm 6 mechs, farm the rest, then farm first 6.

#8 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

View Postkamichiwa343, on 05 February 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Your points contradict each other, there are some time in games (especially against new players) that There is a really damaged mech on the field, or one without ammo, that the op4 can not kill because they are not doing well enough. This goes directly against your idea that all mechs should be used... if I ran across a madcat with no ammo i could just call it out and suddenly he might as well be perma dead, why would I shoot a mech that cant do anything? especially when it takes a pilot out of the fight for the rest of the game.

The only way that I can think of to help with this is give a flat cbill bonus to everyone who got an assist on the mechs ejection (which I believe is already in place but could probably use a boost). If your idea was implemented it would completely ruin all ammo dependant builds in FP.

I dont think you understand. Noobs will always shoot a damaged mech or neutered mech. Also playing with some ppl who think they are good still kill those mechs

Ammo dependent mechs should push in, as suggested, give them a kill etc.

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

knowing when to eject is an integral part of playing FP, and without ejections you could seriously troll enemies

As i understand it, ppl eject to keep their K/D ratio, is this correct?

View PostNightbird, on 05 February 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Stopping people from ejecting disarmed mechs will lead to so much abuse lol. Disarm 6 mechs, farm the rest, then farm first 6.

Good Point

However it would be severely dishonourable and i know you wouldnt do it, and the pugs wont either, cause they would nt know about it.

As i started this thread its not for the benefit of the people already playing, they will turn up anyway

#9 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:39 AM

Ejecting:
1. As long as you don't have unlimited access to ammo you will need the eject mechanism.
2. Not being able to eject will lead to more object rush tactics. 1. wave just damage the enemy without killing one. 2. wave finish off already damaged enemy and fulfil objectives

Eliminate unused mech bonus:
I totally agree that the current system encourages anti collaboration behavior. I propose to pay bonuses in invasion for destroying/defending the generators for example or the different structures in incursion.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 06 February 2019 - 12:49 AM.

#10 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

Again, can someone tell me what is the "unused mech" bonus you talking about?

#11 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Suicide is needed. On some maps against a fast enemy u need to suicide because u cant push out fast enough or pushed out of wrong gate. Come on u know how much needed suicide is to prevent gen rushs. The rly lame tactics not even included.

Match score based in mechs used is ********. U are right with this point.

#12 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:06 AM

View PostRustyhammer, on 06 February 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

Again, can someone tell me what is the "unused mech" bonus you talking about?

Your match score goes up sharply if you use fewer mechs.

#13 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:15 AM

View PostGilgamecc, on 06 February 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Which has no real bearing on anything because FP leaderboards don't record or use Match Score.

Anyway this idea is just flawed as pointed out by many already.

#14 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:30 AM

Love you Gully, but ejecting mechs is is valid tool used to manage wave strength, particularly on Siege matches and you know this well. Yes, some guys use it to pad their K/D ratio but so what?

When you are on Siege Defense on a map with widely-separated gates and the previous wave was extended by attackers that held back, you don't have time to push guys out the open gate. Or if they do push out you need them to be able to eject when the enemy appears at another gate.

The proposal would prevent teams from being able to efficiently ensure that they have fresh mechs to face the enemy.

But I am all for granting some type of bonus to the guys that damaged a mech that is destroyed by ejection.

#15 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 06 February 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

As i understand it, ppl eject to keep their K/D ratio, is this correct?

Does the game not count it as a death when you eject? Besides, does anyone actually look at the FP leaderboard?

#16 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 06 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Does the game not count it as a death when you eject? Besides, does anyone actually look at the FP leaderboard?

Only when they have worse QP stats than mine and need to feel good about posting in the brown sea.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:40 AM

I don't think anyone is entitled to get kills.
Let alone the absolute massive $#!7storm of abusive and exploitable behavior a "non eject" feature would lead to.

If you want a kill, earn it. If you can't earn it.. oh well..*insert gid gud meme here*

#18 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostGilgamecc, on 06 February 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Also, (based on my observations), it appears that the total XP during the match is split between all the mechs used. So, for example, if your actions earn you 6000 XP, and you used 3 mechs, each mech would get 2000 XP. If you had the same in-game accomplishments but only used 2 mechs, then each one would earn 3000 XP. This can make a difference if you're trying to level a mech.

Sometimes it can influence whether you choose play recklessly in the last few minutes of the match if the match's outcome has already been soundly decided. I'm not saying anyone should go and hide at the end of a match (far from it), but maybe if it's already 46 to 30 in your favor, you might not use your 30% health mech to suicide rush the last two enemies trying to get the kill before anyone else - you'd wait for backup to go in with you.

#19 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 06 February 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

I dont think you understand. Noobs will always shoot a damaged mech or neutered mech. Also playing with some ppl who think they are good still kill those mechs

I certainly agree with this point.

#20 KevinRenner

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 06 February 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Only when they have worse QP stats than mine and need to feel good about posting in the brown sea.

(Takes a Peek)
https://leaderboard....ch?u=Prototelis

lol, Nope! I don't need to look at the FP leaderboards

Haze is well aware that players like you do eject to prevent being farmed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users