Question Help Me

27 replies to this topic

#1 Elrodvoss

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

I could not find a "bug" section, so I hope this will get some attention.

I have had the Mad Dog Bandit for quite some time now and I have modded it back and forth with difference OmniPods and I was going to attempt a build from Molten Metal, and I noticed that I no longer have access to the OmniPods for the Left and Right Torsos for the Bandit version (MDD-BA)

I do not even have the option to purchase them. They are not on the list at all, and I do have the MDD-BA mech

All the other sections have a MDD-BA omnipod available.

I have attempted to swap out the RT and LT to see if it would refresh. I have verified install files.

So anyone else seen this before and ideas to correct other then re-buying the mech as a whole?

#2 Elrodvoss

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

Now add the fact that my Timber Wolf War (TBR-WAR) is missing its RT OmniPod for the WAR ?

Was this some bug that I missed, could have they been sold off somehow? But even with the Base TBR-WAR mech, I should still be able to re-buy the omnipod.

I know I have sold off EQ in the past, but I have never sold off Omnipods before.

#3 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

I think that I have run into the same problem. I can't find the bandit omnipods either.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

Have you perhaps equipped them on another MDD/TBR you own?

#5 Elrodvoss

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

View PostHorseman, on 06 February 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Have you perhaps equipped them on another MDD/TBR you own?

Even if I did, should I not be able to rebuy them from the omnipod menu?

But I will check

#6 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

View PostElrodvoss, on 06 February 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

But I will check

You can't buy hero omnipods. The Kit Fox hero Purifier also comes to mind - it has unique side torso omnipods with two energy hardpoints each but you can't buy more of them, you have to swap them between any Kit Foxes you own if a build uses the four torso energy hardpoints.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Hero omnipods are not buyable in any way. So one should be very careful with the ones that come with the mech.

#8 Elrodvoss

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Upon checking the Mad Dog Prime that I had, it did have the MDD-BA RT and LT equipped.

So that explains the missing pieces.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

View PostElrodvoss, on 06 February 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

No, and I know it's annoying. Also happens to loyalty omnimechs before their C-Bill release.

#10 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:34 AM

If you sold them, you can't rebuy them, it's extremely stupid.

#11 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 07 February 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

it's extremely stupid.

Or extremely smart. ;)

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

That is - as usual - a matter of perspective. Posted Image

#13 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 07 February 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

Or extremely smart. Posted Image

Then extremely rude and thieving. Anyways, PGI hasn't really shown themselves to be dcks who cheat customers and such so I'm hoping it's just a bad oversight.

#14 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 07 February 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

If you sold them, you can't rebuy them, it's extremely stupid.

View PostAcersecomic, on 07 February 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Then extremely rude and thieving. Anyways, PGI hasn't really shown themselves to be dcks who cheat customers and such so I'm hoping it's just a bad oversight.

This is a situation where they want people to purchase the Hero mech, not just all it's Omni-pods and get "most of" a hero mech. It's to prevent abuse (as well as protect themselves and provide revenue).

If you ever did happen to sell your Hero pods accidentally, you can contact support (top tabs of the forum, then snag those E-mail addresses and contact them that way) and they are normally rather understanding. They tend to reimburse such matters without little hesitation. Just.... don't abuse the support staff with it...

#15 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostTesunie, on 07 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is a situation where they want people to purchase the Hero mech, not just all it's Omni-pods and get "most of" a hero mech. It's to prevent abuse (as well as protect themselves and provide revenue).

If you ever did happen to sell your Hero pods accidentally, you can contact support (top tabs of the forum, then snag those E-mail addresses and contact them that way) and they are normally rather understanding. They tend to reimburse such matters without little hesitation. Just.... don't abuse the support staff with it...

Oh, I don't mean "outright CBills buy hero parts", I mean "don't have hero parts unpurchasable if you bought a hero mech".

#16 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostAcersecomic, on 07 February 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Oh, I don't mean "outright CBills buy hero parts", I mean "don't have hero parts unpurchasable if you bought a hero mech".

That would require more inventory tracking to see if you purchased said Hero in the lifetime of your account. I'd love to see each Omni-pod be available for MC, but at the same time I do understand why PGI doesn't.

It's kinda like, I would love to be able to give some of my friends mechs or C-bills to help them out... but I don't want trading in the game because of "goldfarmers"/bots. Same thing, just reverse. I'd rather not see trading because it protects the players, and only getting Hero pods on Hero mechs protects PGI's revenues from the Heromech sales. (You know someone would find a way to scam the system to min/max their returns. Like purchasing the Locust bundle for mechbays and C-bills...)

#17 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostTesunie, on 07 February 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

That would require more inventory tracking to see if you purchased said Hero in the lifetime of your account. I'd love to see each Omni-pod be available for MC, but at the same time I do understand why PGI doesn't.

Is it really that hard for the game to check "is he in the mechbay with a relevant hero mech"?
No. Just like it shows specific mechs specific things they can use (yes or no jumpjets, different weapons depending on hardpoints, omnipods...), it should just be an automatic filter the game applies when you open a valid mech.
A simple "if hero 1 then hero omnipod 1" command should be enough.

#18 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 09 February 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Is it really that hard for the game to check "is he in the mechbay with a relevant hero mech"?
No. Just like it shows specific mechs specific things they can use (yes or no jumpjets, different weapons depending on hardpoints, omnipods...), it should just be an automatic filter the game applies when you open a valid mech.
A simple "if hero 1 then hero omnipod 1" command should be enough.

Are we considering if someone bought a Hero mech, stripped it's pods, and then sold the mech off? Now it has to check to see if you "at some time in the life of the account, did you own this mech". What if they bought it, had Support refund and remove it from inventory, and then later wanted the Omni-pods? Would that count now as "previously purchased"? Or is that another step Support would need to alter in the account?

I personally think that Hero Omni-pods should be avalible for MC. Make it less viable to purchase a full set of pods over a whole Hero Omni, but each piece would be a fraction of a whole mech. However, as I said before, I understand why it's probably isn't that way, and despite my opinion I'm not overly bothered by how PGI currently has it set up.

#19 Apache1990

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostTesunie, on 09 February 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Are we considering if someone bought a Hero mech, stripped it's pods, and then sold the mech off?

No, if someone does that, then they don't get to buy them, because it would be stupid.
(If it becomes an actual issue, they can still contact support to get the mech back, if they have the Cbills in their account to cover what they received from selling it.)

Edited by Apache1990, 10 February 2019 - 10:01 PM.

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

View PostApache1990, on 10 February 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

No, if someone does that, then they don't get to buy them, because it would be stupid.
(If it becomes an actual issue, they can still contact support to get the mech back, if they have the Cbills in their account to cover what they received from selling it.)

People sometimes do strange things, and systems have to (unfortunately) predict and plan to overcome/compensate for the unpredictable nature of some people. There are also people who will try to abuse systems and fine loopholes to utilize for their benefit, or in other words "scam/game the system".

Hence why I brought up the points I did. They may seem like dumb things to us, but it has to be something accounted for, and I'm sure I didn't even bring up all the possible strangeness that can occur with the proposed system and the logging involved... (and don't forget, people will want it in clear writing too as far as what you can and can't "get away with".

I will remind, I have agreed with you on most of what has been discussed, just I'm not bothered either by the way it currently is and try to understand why it may be the way it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users