- - - - -

Literally Invisible On Radar

11 replies to this topic

#1 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Hello All,
I've been away from this game for some time and just recently came back, bought the new Mechwarrior mec game, awaiting the new mech i'll be getting.
Anyway i digress, ok..i was just fighting in an arctic environment..we were doing ok, i was using catapult and doing ok maybe ...i'm just fresh back..but i was getting hit and on critical damage and wondering what was hitting me..nothing on radar..so i turned around in time to see a tiny little mech running away...but there was no signal it was there...no red diamond, no diamond at all..no ecm notification nothing...what was that?????? i tried asking in game..but everyone a tad busy..

looked in new forums but havent seen invisimech topic yet

#2 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

Hello,

Stealth Armor has been deployed in the game and is available to Inner Sphere mechs that have ECM.

Once Stealth Armor is activated the mech cannot dissipate heat, but it is invisible to sensors, including heat view.

The mech snuck up on you, shot you up, then ran away to cover to turn off Stealth, cool off, then rinse & repeat.

#3 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:39 PM

so that prevents them from having a red diamond above them too denoting enemy?

#4 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostButton man, on 07 February 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yes.

#5 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostButton man, on 07 February 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yep, no red triangle, you can’t target or lock them. TAG will make them “visible”, but they’ll still have ECM disruption in effect if they’re close enough to you. PPC hits will disable stealth temporarily. Other than that, the eyeball MK.1 is the only way to spot them.

The good news is, because their heat gets hampered being in stealth mode, they’ll usually have to come out of it for a real fight, or need to run away after a few shots.

View PostXannatharr, on 07 February 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hello,

Stealth Armor has been deployed in the game and is available to Inner Sphere mechs that have ECM.

Once Stealth Armor is activated the mech cannot dissipate heat, but it is invisible to sensors, including heat view.

The mech snuck up on you, shot you up, then ran away to cover to turn off Stealth, cool off, then rinse & repeat.

After the heat changes a few months ago, they changed stealth armour so it is able to dissipate heat, but having stealth active causes a constant small amount of heat, so you don’t build heat up, but if you start firing, you dissipate far more slowly, but will still cool down over time.

Edited by Maddermax, 07 February 2019 - 03:31 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

If it helps you can consider investing the skill tree in sensors for seismic. Even stealth armor mechs will show when they get close, regardless of whether in front beside or behind you. You'll get an aliens motion tracker style display on your minimal when they come around.

You can use the ctrl key to look around without giving away that you are suspicious that someone is sneaking around you. (Well it won't give it away if arms are locked.)

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

Fleas, Commandos, Locusts, and a few others are the main stealth mechs you will see. It can be quite effective if played right, but the mechs that tend to carry stealth have little armor.

#8 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostMaddermax, on 07 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

After the heat changes a few months ago, they changed stealth armour so it is able to dissipate heat, but having stealth active causes a constant small amount of heat, so you don’t build heat up, but if you start firing, you dissipate far more slowly, but will still cool down over time.

Thanks for this, I forgot about that change.

#9 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:36 AM

Stealth Atlas is funny as hell

#10 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 10 February 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

Stealth Atlas is funny as hell

Maybe, but I have never seen one actually do decent damage. Mostly you see them die with sub 200 damage.

#11 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

thanks for the advice all, i've got a lot to learn and relearn..those little buggers are hard to hit too..and i seem to usually encounter them in those "it's night and lots of buildings/canyon walls" maps

#12 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

If you do, press "h" to go to heat vision. Personally, I find them easier to spot like this. Also, if you have the right ballistics, your problems can evaporate quite quickly, quite literally. ;) Double AC10 or double LBX10 will solve many problems like that. While lasers take forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users