8 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:13 PM

This is a forum for asking for help, not making feature suggestions to the developers. You can solve convergence issues by mounting multiple weapons in the same body segment or two different segments in close physical proximity. Alternatively use hitscan weapons like lasers that have zero convergence issues.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostKuroNoHana, on 08 February 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

is there maybe a possible way to alter weapons convergence so that it my weapons hit their intended point on the field? I am tired of people abusing their jump-jets to make the target lead impossible to land. let it be used on the scroll wheel. give it an option to be used or not used in the settings and a button in UI to turn it on or off. think of it as a dialing in the range on a rifle. but it would work for atms lrms lasers ballistics all known forms of weapons that do not require a lock-on to be fired. maybe even a button to freeze the convergence for whatever time they need.

K? difficult problem; simple answer.
jump jets making weapons convergence a difficult task to interpret; apply manual weapons convergence range.

Aim toward upper torso, and jumpjet spammery (without actual jumping) becomes worthless.

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

I've been advocating for the convergence range to be set by target lock. Without a target lock, the convergence range is theoretically an infinite distance away, effectively meaning your weapons would fire parallel to one another. It would give more incentive to press R and use targeting equipment/skills, address leading shots, nerf twitch shooting, and raise the skill ceiling.

But that's a pretty major adjustment and it's not going to happen. My best advice is to familiarize yourself with each weapon's individual characteristics and see which weapons work for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users