21 replies to this topic

#21 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 12 February 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Balance is not really the point of this post, but aight.

Pretty simple difference between IS and Clan, Grittiness+Adaptability VS Firepower+Speed, that's how they are balanced.
Like Terrans VS Protoss in starcraft. Or humans VS advanced aliens in literally every sci fi game ever. UNSC vs Covenant
The list kinda goes on.
It does not take a IS 100 tonner to match a clan 85-90, annihilators regularly beat the snot out of direwolves, so do kingcrabs.
A kodiak and atlas can match each other, depending on build.

Point of the post.
There are 2 clan 100 tonners.
There are about to be 5 IS ones.

Its getting close to 3 years since the last clan 100 ton mech.

What, pray tell, is the win rate of C vs IS? I am wiling to bet that it doesn't fluctuate around the 45-55% range, like it does for PvT in SC2 (at least according to Blizzard - see http://us.battle.net...en/blog/5202424).

I have heard that evidence from Community Warfare would suggest that the situation is not so balanced in MWO.

Edited by Water Bear, 13 February 2019 - 06:47 PM.

#22 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 13 February 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

What, pray tell, is the win rate of C vs IS? I am wiling to bet that it doesn't fluctuate around the 45-55% range, like it does for PvT in SC2 (at least according to Blizzard - see http://us.battle.net...en/blog/5202424).

I have heard that evidence from Community Warfare would suggest that the situation is not so balanced in MWO.

It was a lot less balanced before hand. Balance may not be perfect (and may never be such), but it has improved greatly from what it once was.

Of course, which side is better seems to depend upon whom you talk to. Some people say IS is too healthy and Clans can't compete. Others say Clans hit too hard and quickly overcome any health advantage IS may have. So... it really is dependent on who is answering the question and what their experiences have been.

In my game play, I see them rather balanced right now. Most of the mechs I own are IS, but what Clan mechs I have seem to do as well as IS does now. I'm just as inclined to use Clan as I am IS, and don't feel "gimped" when I use one or the other. (Except for Piranhas. Those still feel really strong. Not as strong as they use to be, but still very strong...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users