Clan have 2
Is have 4 with 1 on the way.
Pretty uneven, JS

#2 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

10 million? I need at least 990 more million before I start considering it.

#3 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

10 millionth time.
We never needed ANY clan mechs.

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

I mean, when it takes an IS 100 tonner to match a Clan 85-90 tonner...

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:03 PM

With the Blood Asp and Mad Cat MkII, I never felt that Clan was short on "100 ton" Assault mechs

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 08 February 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Clan 100 tonner.
Please.
Direwolf and kodiak is gettin stale.

Clan have 2
Pretty uneven, JS
PGI is heavily biased towards IS so never expect anything for clan side, as if our recent medium laser nerf wasn't any indication.

View PostY E O N N E, on 09 February 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I mean, when it takes an IS 100 tonner to match a Clan 85-90 tonner...
really? have you seen the health values of our equipment an IS 100 tonner has way more health and armor than a clan assault mech of any tonnage.

Edited by KursedVixen, 10 February 2019 - 02:14 PM.

#7 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:09 AM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 08 February 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Clan 100 tonner.
Please.
Direwolf and kodiak is gettin stale.

Clan have 2
Pretty uneven, JS

Would love it if:

1. Every possible mech was in the game already and some were available for everyone

2. All the mechs were released over time for each individual person after taking over a planet in Faction Play, or after registering that mech on radar in a match (default of pressing the 'R' button), which would unlock which planet that mech would be on

3. Then after taking over a planet you previously revealed to have mechs, your own personal store catalog has the mechs available for CBill or MC purchase

Edited by m, 11 February 2019 - 02:10 AM.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 February 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

really? have you seen the health values of our equipment an IS 100 tonner has way more health and armor than a clan assault mech of any tonnage.

There's more to it than that, figure it out.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:29 PM

Clan Assaults have bigger weapons payloads or are faster like Gargi and Exe

From memory the DW has 42, 48 or 52 Tonnes in weapons space, cant remember but I think its the highest in the game (off the cuff)

And clan weapons are lighter

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 11 February 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#10 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

Balance is not really the point of this post, but aight.

Pretty simple difference between IS and Clan, Grittiness+Adaptability VS Firepower+Speed, that's how they are balanced.
Like Terrans VS Protoss in starcraft. Or humans VS advanced aliens in literally every sci fi game ever. UNSC vs Covenant
The list kinda goes on.
It does not take a IS 100 tonner to match a clan 85-90, annihilators regularly beat the snot out of direwolves, so do kingcrabs.
A kodiak and atlas can match each other, depending on build.

Point of the post.
There are 2 clan 100 tonners.
There are about to be 5 IS ones.

Its getting close to 3 years since the last clan 100 ton mech.

Edited by MechTech Dragoon, 12 February 2019 - 07:28 AM.

#11 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

Lets bring the Kraken / Bane , would be fun to shot all these uac2 !

#12 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:10 AM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 12 February 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Point of the post.
There are 2 clan 100 tonners.
There are about to be 5 IS ones.

Its getting close to 3 years since the last clan 100 ton mech.

If we are going that way, then Clan also only have a single 20 ton mech... Where's mah 20 ton mechs?!?

Lets of course forget to mention the Mad Cat MKII (90 ton I believe) and Marauder IIC (85 ton), which are two of the best assaults in the game still. (This does not mean the best, but they are still considered really good assaults to choose from.) The Bloodasp is also a 95 ton mech, and seems to be quite the beast as well.

The game isn't about the 100 ton class mechs. Honestly, I'd rather see more lights and mediums getting released (and then the following "these mechs are DOA!" complaints from people, as typical). I feel we have plenty of heavy mechs, and a good selection of assaults (and I say this meaning "there are more in the assault class than just 100 ton mechs).

I personally would love to see every mech made up to timeline released into the game. I'd love to have my Mercury, Hussar, Hollander, Shogun, Shootist, Gallahad, Hammer and Anvil, Guillotine, Avatar, Titan, Grand Titan, etc... But PGI can't get all the mechs in at once. It takes time...

I also kinda want to mention here that IS had more chassis selection than Clans ever had, so there are more IS resources to choose from over Clan.
I also agree with someone else that this game probably didn't really need Clans, but we have them now and that's how it is. This is mentioned more so from a balance perspective than desire perspective.

#13 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:34 AM

Okay, did some digging. These are the 100 ton Clan mechs not in the game yet: (All found here.)
- Bane: Produced 2827, so well in timeline.
- Kodiak II: Produced in 3095, which is out of current timeline of 3067. No go here.
- Stone Rhino: Produced in 2847. Everything else seems to check out.
- Tomahawk: Was experimental and never saw production. Most likely either a Hero option for something, so no go.
- Tomahawk II: Outside of timeline (3088), made by Clan Wolf in Exile mostly. Tomahawk could be a Tomahawk II's hero?
- Scylla: This is Reavings/WoB time era, so no go right away.

There you go. All the 100 ton Clan mechs not in game yet. Out of all of them only two, the Bane and the Stone Rhino, are in timeline and able to be added according to PGI's rule of timeline. Those two also seem to have enough chassis variants to have the "rule of three" (not that PGI can't and doesn't make their own variants when needed).

All the rest of the 100 ton Clan mechs are outside of timeline, and typically WAY outside timeline. We are in Civil War era right now, so that the year 3067. The Tomahawk is the only other in timeline option, but it's experimental and questionable on it's ability to qualify for entry into the game.

So. There you have it. Only two additional options for those 100 ton Clan mech slots are currently available. Mayhaps that is why you haven't seen any additional 100 ton Clan mechs in a while? Then again, I'll say again, there are other assault mechs beyond 100 ton.

#14 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostTesunie, on 12 February 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

Okay, did some digging. These are the 100 ton Clan mechs not in the game yet: (All found here.)
- Bane: Produced 2827, so well in timeline.
- Kodiak II: Produced in 3095, which is out of current timeline of 3067. No go here.
- Stone Rhino: Produced in 2847. Everything else seems to check out.
- Tomahawk: Was experimental and never saw production. Most likely either a Hero option for something, so no go.
- Tomahawk II: Outside of timeline (3088), made by Clan Wolf in Exile mostly. Tomahawk could be a Tomahawk II's hero?
- Scylla: This is Reavings/WoB time era, so no go right away.

There you go. All the 100 ton Clan mechs not in game yet. Out of all of them only two, the Bane and the Stone Rhino, are in timeline and able to be added according to PGI's rule of timeline. Those two also seem to have enough chassis variants to have the "rule of three" (not that PGI can't and doesn't make their own variants when needed).

All the rest of the 100 ton Clan mechs are outside of timeline, and typically WAY outside timeline. We are in Civil War era right now, so that the year 3067. The Tomahawk is the only other in timeline option, but it's experimental and questionable on it's ability to qualify for entry into the game.

So. There you have it. Only two additional options for those 100 ton Clan mech slots are currently available. Mayhaps that is why you haven't seen any additional 100 ton Clan mechs in a while? Then again, I'll say again, there are other assault mechs beyond 100 ton.
To be fair, Tesunie, any of these mechs are viable as I have seen evidence that PGI does not care about the timeline...

#15 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 February 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

To be fair, Tesunie, any of these mechs are viable as I have seen evidence that PGI does not care about the timeline...

They've stayed fairly close to the given timeline for mechs as far as I can recall. Maybe a mech or two were a few years out, but not as far out as a whole other era of BT. Many of the one's out on that list are Jihad/Reeving era. The only questionable one on the list would be the experimental design (Tomahawk).

I also still stand by the line of "there are other mechs for assault class beyond 100 tons" as well. (This statement also goes to IS... as we are getting a lot of 100 ton releases. And still no Mackie! Posted Image )

#16 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostTesunie, on 12 February 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

- Tomahawk II: Outside of timeline (3088), made by Clan Wolf in Exile mostly.

One nitpick is Tomahawk 2 is designed and produced only by Crusader Wolves. To the topic, as a Clan player I think we need a new design or two in 20, 25, 70 (three omnis there and not a single battlemech) and 95 t classes. All mechs are welcome for everyone, but these seem to be the most glaring issues. Otherwise just balance what we have now, maybe if Kodiak and Derp Woof were not such a f-ng spit in the face it would be Ghost-Bearable somehow.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 February 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

One nitpick is Tomahawk 2 is designed and produced only by Crusader Wolves.

Yeah. I saw an IS world/region named and went with it. It probably is as you said, as I only glossed over each entry... Posted Image

#18 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Yeah. I saw an IS world/region named and went with it. It probably is as you said, as I only glossed over each entry... Posted Image
hardly a disqualifying thing though considering everyone gets kodiaks (which to my knowledge are exclusive to Ghost bear) and other faction specific mechs on both sides.... Also if i recall somehow i think clan wolf merges back into a single clan again...

Edited by KursedVixen, 13 February 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#19 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 February 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

hardly a disqualifying thing though considering everyone gets kodiaks (which to my knowledge are exclusive to Ghost bear) and other faction specific mechs on both sides.... Also if i recall somehow i think clan wolf merges back into a single clan again...

That's not the disqualifying feature, only it's date of production.
Hatamoto-chi is specific to Kurita.
Raven is Liao.
Annihilator for Wolf's Dragoons. (The Flea they did sell for public sale.)
Being faction specific or rare isn't something that seems to hinder it's availability for the game. It seems to just be mostly time line restrictions (and sometimes variant limitations).

And yes, far into the future around the Jihad or Dark Age, Clan Wolf re-merges with each other (as well as occupy Terra and technically qualify to become the Ilclan, though only for a very short time).

#20 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

**** this 100 ton clan mech. Just give us the Turkina

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users