Discussing Heavy Mechs

3 replies to this topic

#1 SirSuspicious

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:07 AM

I'm looking to buy a heavy mech, I know what I like less, which is a missile focused gameplay like with the catapult, I usually prefer a more ranged fight, not too far away but also not right on top of the action. I'm thinking about getting the Timber Wolf since it's such an all-rounder. Which mechs do you find more viable.

Thanks for any help

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

1. Dual UAC-10s on a Rifleman, Jagermech or Warhammer.
3. Quad UAC-5s on a Black Widow
2. MRM boating with IV-FOUR, the missile Roughneck or the ECM Marauder.

Edited by Horseman, 19 May 2020 - 11:21 PM.

#3 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:41 AM

If you don't mind the ****** torso-hitboxes, the Thanatos 5S can be fun with a 2xUAC10 or 2xGauss-loadout and ECM. Furthermore there are very decent Thunderbolt "Laserbloat" builds you can play.

Horseman pointed ye towards the most bang for the buck-mechs / builds though. Especially the ECM-Marauder with MRM80 and 5MLs is a beast if you can manage the heat and twists like a boss to spread the incoming damage.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 20 May 2020 - 12:41 AM.

#4 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:50 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 20 May 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

Horseman pointed ye towards the most bang for the buck-mechs / builds though. Especially the ECM-Marauder with MRM80 and 5MLs is a beast if you can manage the heat and twists like a boss to spread the incoming damage.
Mileage varies about the MLs, IMO that's a bit too toasty (which is why I stick with just MRM80)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users