52 replies to this topic

#21 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

pretty sure my PC is alot better then most here i run 100MB internet which i am sure should be more then sufficient to run this game.

The fact that you keep crashing, proves that is false...

#22 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostGrus, on 11 February 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

The fact that you keep crashing, proves that is false...

please tell me how that is false? how much bandwidth should i need.. here is another factoid that dispelles my network , i run torrents when i am not playing my game that utilizes more bandwidth then MWO does and it doesn't skip a beat either. it doesn't stop and pulse and reconnect, if my network is gonna choke it, would on that cause the upstream would saturate but it doesn't and if overheating was a issue it would do it stress my modem/router/nic more then MWO every would. but doesn't.

#23 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

please tell me how that is false? how much bandwidth should i need.. here is another factoid that dispelles my network , i run torrents when i am not playing my game that utilizes more bandwidth then MWO does and it doesn't skip a beat either. it doesn't stop and pulse and reconnect, if my network is gonna choke it, would on that cause the upstream would saturate but it doesn't and if overheating was a issue it would do it stress my modem/router/nic more then MWO every would. but doesn't.

Torrents are not MWO / Game.

If you are dropping packets / connection that is not going to show up using torrents.

That is something you need to be checking at a Router/ISP level, if there are micro drops, that shows an issue. Torrents won't show that at all really.

I have rarely an issue with MWO. That's using crud Aussie Internet, while streaming, the works. I can play with 350ms ping game in/out without a drama. It's something on your end.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 11 February 2019 - 12:51 PM.

#24 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostNightbird, on 11 February 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

How does a VPN help with a disconnect?

Because he may get a better route to PGI's servers through the VPN - if his ISP is bouncing him through a node that is the cause of the packet loss then perhaps the VPN provided will have a route that gets there differently.

Then again, if the problem is local, or in his near neighborhood on his ISP then he may hit the issue before he even gets to the VPN.

#25 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

here's my pic of my torrents downloading without any issues if it was gonna overheat this would do it before MWO would
Posted Image

Edited by cernorama, 11 February 2019 - 01:20 PM.

#26 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

You're welcome to be in denial about your connection issues, it's no skin off my back if you don't fix it :)

#27 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

I had ISP out and they said my neigherhood is one of the best he'd seen, even put a tap on my modem to detect drops and in 3 weeks of monitoring not a single drop yet in game had multiple DC's, the problem is MWO specific ....

View PostNightbird, on 11 February 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

You're welcome to be in denial about your connection issues, it's no skin off my back if you don't fix it Posted Image

if it's only happening in one program it's not a connection issue

#28 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

if it's only happening in one program it's not a connection issue

1. If it's MWO then other people would have the issue.
2. Those other programs are not realtime, DCing for 5 secs doesn't break anything
3. Enjoy your DCs

#29 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

Traceroute?

#30 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I had ISP out and they said my neigherhood is one of the best he'd seen, even put a tap on my modem to detect drops and in 3 weeks of monitoring not a single drop yet in game had multiple DC's, the problem is MWO specific ....

Doesn't have to be outright connection drops. Can be latency spikes or higher packet loss causing desync.

Edited by Horseman, 11 February 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#31 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Your torrents do not utilize the same pathway as the pathway MWO takes to get to one of the 3 gaming servers (NA, European and Oceanic) while keeping a connection to its authorization server in Canada. Faction Play does only utilize NA server.

If it was within PGI network tons more people would be affected at approximately the same time.

We have seen where people going through the same region between hitting PGI servers would have issues, related to that particular backbone at that time.

The only section of your connection you have any type of control to is your immediate network, and your ISP, provided they are willing to work with you.

Also a router getting hot/issue is not the only thing. If your pathway to/from PGI servers have issues anywhere along the way, where packets are temporarily held up/released, your router, if it has its secondary software firewall enabled, aka SPI or Stateful Packet Inspection, could perceive that glut of packets as a DDOS attack and temporarily close that specific MWO port.

Using a VPN to troubleshoot it could potentially bypass any router systems/hops that may be experiencing issues, which is causing a temp loss of connection with MWO which leads to the DC. PGI does not have the F9 coded to display real meaningful information, unlike SOE/DBG does with its F9. At least with theirs, you can see the packet drop off and counting before the DC box pops up.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 February 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#32 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

What's your GPU?

Try lowering the video settings - since you said this always happens in the middle of a fight and not upon entering the match, it's probably an issue with your rig as opposed to a connection problem.

After you crash, check the task manager for usage spikes in your CPU, GPU, or memory. Reinstalling the game might help as well.

#33 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

View Postcernorama, on 11 February 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

negitive.. cause i have used multiple PCIe cards and disabled my onboard does it does the same thing, switched out my modem and router and didn't change anything either. before you try and tell me about issues.. i am A+ and Net+ certified have been for over 20 years.. i pretty confidence my computer is not the cause ...

Wait...you are saying because you have the very lowest entry level certificates, from twenty years ago mind you, that hardware, software and networking can't be the problem because of your expertise?

#34 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

Other people been having this issue since open beta, nothing new under the sun. No other game has the same kind of disconnects than this one, everything else works as it should. Nothing is gonna ever change regarding this. Just log in as fast as possible, eat the penalty and carry on lurming.

Epeen jousting is hilarious though, so many experts come out in threads like these.

#35 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

Every game has people that claim is the only one with connection problems, which magically other people playing the game don't experience.

Systemic problems are systemic, local problems are local.

#36 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

I guess that mwo is just so sensitive to small connection drops. My problems got better with a better router/modem and an outside antenna. Still disconnects some times. Should move to a building with cable. :D

#37 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

i notice more and more that the DC's happen during when more people are on , so i am guessing it's PGIs server and my connection to it. i just find it funny that my VOIP are still connected and i can hear everything going on and i am booted all the way out to login in screen, i can play all day without issue til population increases on server and that's when i have a majority of my issues.

View PostSsamout, on 13 February 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

Other people been having this issue since open beta, nothing new under the sun. No other game has the same kind of disconnects than this one, everything else works as it should. Nothing is gonna ever change regarding this. Just log in as fast as possible, eat the penalty and carry on lurming.

Epeen jousting is hilarious though, so many experts come out in threads like these.

we are still in beta .. just saying

#38 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:18 AM

View Postcernorama, on 14 February 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

i notice more and more that the DC's happen during when more people are on , so i am guessing it's PGIs server and my connection to it. i just find it funny that my VOIP are still connected and i can hear everything going on and i am booted all the way out to login in screen, i can play all day without issue til population increases on server and that's when i have a majority of my issues.

we are still in beta .. just saying

when was the last time we had "many" people in this game?
trying to be helpful here: it IS either your hardware, your software, or your connection SOMEWHERE. and instead of claiming "torrents run fine, so it's not me, I'm a network pro", you really should read up. no offense meant, but it shows that you're not. reading up on stuff REALLY helps there.

totally unrelated, but IMO more important: teams you drop with have other problems then you being dc'ed; work on your social skills ingame (can't judge on those outside). if you would at least -try- to work with the rest.. Posted Image

#39 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:15 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to Workarounds.
Title has been edited for topic clarity.

In case useful, PGI Technical Support may be reached via email to technical@mwomercs.com.[/mod]

#40 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 14 February 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

when was the last time we had "many" people in this game?
trying to be helpful here: it IS either your hardware, your software, or your connection SOMEWHERE. and instead of claiming "torrents run fine, so it's not me, I'm a network pro", you really should read up. no offense meant, but it shows that you're not. reading up on stuff REALLY helps there.

totally unrelated, but IMO more important: teams you drop with have other problems then you being dc'ed; work on your social skills ingame (can't judge on those outside). if you would at least -try- to work with the rest.. Posted Image

i think i know my computer better then you do .. don't come in here telling me about my computer. when the only issue i have with this is with this game, it's a game related problem , none of my other games have this issue. like i said the issue only seems to come up during peak times.. i can play all day with zero issues. when peek times it is when i seem to have the issues. if it was my computer it would show up at anytime reguardless of time of day. as far as in game social skills has no bearing on my DCing and weither you like me or not plays no relevance either .. i play my best and if you don't like it , not my problem ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users