37 replies to this topic

#21 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:41 AM

Whatamistakeatomakea...... the good old days are gone and the rose tinted glasses are not my prescription. Maybe I'll check back in April with the update.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 03 March 2019 - 10:52 AM.

#22 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:57 AM

Ditto Pug - virtually all of IDI splintered after so many repeated failings and lack of interaction on PGI's part. Guess we lurk around, check events etc., but rarely do the Inglorious B'tards get together and cause mayhem/fun (not sure which) anymore. Like other shrinking Units, a true loss to the newer players who never had the privilege of facing a drunken 12 man drop . . .

Hopefully see you around in April.

#23 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 03 March 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Whatamistakeatomakea...... the good old days are gone and the rose tinted glasses are not my prescription. Maybe I'll check back in April with the update.
coward.. ;)

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 February 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

More people are grouping up and dropping together
so if your getting your face kicked in you are most likely
Going against a group

I just switched from merc to loyalist and I still had to do the 10 game probation

I think you have to buy the extra drop decks?

Someone said the player numbers are going up

probation needs to die in a fire.

#25 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostGrus, on 04 March 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

coward.. Posted Image

Scre........ erm, wait. I need to act with decorum and wit!!

Bite me!!!

#26 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

It's funny, I didn't play in September and thought I would check out things in FP as it seemed to be more active with the event running. Low and behold, other than there being (slightly) more chance of getting a game without waiting 30+ minutes, there has been very little change.

I guess I'll just lurk around, play games while I can and enjoy it while it lasts.

#27 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

View PostIron Buccaneer, on 10 February 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

You can have over 30 mech bays. Improvement to friends list. It's even easier for mercs to switch sides. That's about it.

ranking rewards arent even relevant anymore with how much mc pgi throws at us in normal events.

ok who bumped this neckrothread?

Edited by LordNothing, 06 October 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#28 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:47 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 06 October 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

It's funny, I didn't play in September and thought I would check out things in FP as it seemed to be more active with the event running. Low and behold, other than there being (slightly) more chance of getting a game without waiting 30+ minutes, there has been very little change.

I guess I'll just lurk around, play games while I can and enjoy it while it lasts.

only change i need is activity. even if its intermittent and dependant on events. its good now but its probably going to tank for the halloween loot bag event unless they make it so you can score multiple bags in a game.

#29 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 10 February 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Has there been ANY changes to FP in the last two months?

Well faction play has been streamlined. So that's tasty, and Russ made a really Epic decision. As for me I got a new girl in my life, and she is great. She even says a small penis is not a problem. I still wish she didn't have one.

Edited by Dar1ngOne, 06 October 2019 - 11:31 PM.

#30 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:45 AM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 06 October 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

Well faction play has been streamlined. So that's tasty, and Russ made a really Epic decision. As for me I got a new girl in my life, and she is great. She even says a small penis is not a problem. I still wish she didn't have one.

fp tanked tonight for me. i had a lot of great games, at least till dinner time creeped around. a meatloaf later everything dried up and i only managed one more drop before i gave up. meh. probably has something to do with the fact that its clan-clan, and a lot of people still have to grind is and are doing it in qp as opposed to waiting until the is vs is conflict to start.

congrats on the gf, erm, sorta, idk. i prefer my girls to have a larger member but that's just me. but you can always make up for a small one with an enlarged prostate. i dont expect the moderation staff to have any experience with this as they seem to all be under 30. so with luck we can avoid the inevitable redactions/forum bans.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 October 2019 - 02:47 AM.

#31 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 07 October 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

congrats on the gf, erm, sorta, idk. i prefer my girls to have a larger member but that's just me.

mmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Mem-cellent!

#32 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:59 AM

*facepalm*

#33 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 07 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostDar1ngOne, on 07 October 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

mmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Mem-cellent!

#34 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 06 October 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

The event would have, easily, had 400-500 people in the Queue during peak NA IMO.

I was seeing 24/24 to 30/30 every time I got out of a match. If matches are kicking off every 2 mins or whatever then that means there was a solid amount of people playing.

NA Peak - seems better recently to get games, steady most of the time.
OC Peak - depends on the day
EU - Coming into peak - games nps, 20/20 in the queus fairly regularly.

Seems FP is hopping, well enough, especially given the QP Population nose dive last month to 15k with more than 10 matches.

#35 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:15 AM

Yeah..... s*** it. I'm gonna spend my next few days doing my best to achieve something worthwhile before the inevitable happens.

#36 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

I think the phrase "**** this game and it's single brain cell, inbred, opinionated, *******, Mechdad, elitist, **** community" sums it up.

GGClose

#37 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 18 October 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

I think the phrase "**** this game and it's single brain cell, inbred, opinionated, *******, Mechdad, elitist, **** community" sums it up.

GGClose

Posted Image

#38 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:17 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 18 October 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

GGClose

Dude dont get mad, get creative and satisfied

Moi suggestions for Quick Play:

Turn Voip off
- Mini map can tell you 90% of wot you need to know, guid enough for quick play.
Silence is Golden when team skill gap is big, avoiding distracting but ultimately pointless speech.
-Good players focus fire without a word/call so you not missing out. Plus command wheel.
Plus they steal you bandwidth and can affect hit reg if your connection is marginal and 11 peeps talking. True Story

Block players that sheetchat - Just another load/distraction when you are Clucth and Carrying

Watch mini map and determine team quality early and adjust the "over-extend to meatshield" ratio accordingly

Use longer ranged mechs so you can touch the enemy and help your team without actually being near your team.
-This facilitates your team being a distraction allowing you to do more effective damage, more effectively than they can ever achieve.

-Also this means they die first and you last, cause they need you alive at the end to carry, even doh your team may not realize this. Good for them you do realise this, Good man.
For the Win thats for the team right?

After all who's gonna carry n clutch better you or 11 of them?

Edit: Also pick game modes other than skirimish, which give a chance at options other than death if the team folds.

Enjoi their salt as your survive and remind them its what they deserve for playing badly and that your role playing "Got to escape and get skippy to tell the ranger that the team got wiped."

Smart application of your teams assets can swing the tide.
And remember their co-operation is optional Posted Image

Doh I know how you feelz

Personally Ive adjusted my expectation and methods to my satisfaction
well enough that I still play 5 or so games a day

But I agree its not what it used to be, but thats OK MWO isnt the only game I got

Some old greek guy once said " The source of most disappointment is broken expectations" or some thing close

Hope this helpsPosted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 19 October 2019 - 03:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users