My Thoughts On Pts 2.1

No replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

There's hardly changes really, the spread is a nice tweak, and the reduced lock-speed penalty for IDF is okay. If anything, i'm seeing that the entire iLRM40A Volley with TAG is being focused on two components -- not all the time, but it's still unprecidented. And that is quite nice.

That being said, there is still the things that haven't been done. I know that it's just 2.1, but hopefully the 3.0 would integrate better mechanics.

- DF LRMs should still have lower arc.
- I'm still for making the IDF Penalty into DF Bonus. The current Live values is already somewhat hard to maintain lock, the DF should have a really good Lock-speed which should have been faster the closer you are. If it were to stand on it's own like other DF, it still has to got a lot faster lock-speed, and integrating distance within the equation.
- TAG still needs love, because it's a valuable companion for LRM users. Also should be invisible.
- You can't have slow lock speed and small lock-cone. It should be returned for 35 degrees. There's already enough hard-disadvantages for IDF for ease-of-locking to be this hard.
- ATMs should have damage to 1.6/2.0/2.4 with no minimum range. Perhaps make it Fire-And-Forget.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 11 February 2019 - 07:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users